PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you want as the #2 receiver in 2008?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Gaffney,Jackson or ??? - Who do you want at #2 receiver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know what season or what team you watched in 2007 but according to NFL.com(you know, the OFFICIAL site of the National Football league), Donte STARTED 9 games at WR for the New England Patriots.

I'm not "hating" on Jackson...I don't "hate on" any player...I've watched his contribution to this team the past two years and I feel the Patriots should have done far better in the 2nd round of the draft than what this player has EVER shown at the NFL level.

Go back and look at Reiss's offensive participation breakdowns. For the second half of the year, he wasn't even in the top 5 of skill position players in number of downs played.
Maybe they could have done better, but why cry about it now? That was almost 2 years ago. Being angry that they could have done better 2 years ago is completely foolish and it accomplishes nothing. Just take what we have...a very talented but still very raw WR, and hope for the best.
And you need to start paying attention to what people write. I clearly said "Why doesn't anyone want Chad to emerge?" I love Gaffney, but Chad's POTENTIAL (that he has NOT reached yet) is no doubt HIGHER. Why wouldn't you want to see that reached? You still haven't answered that.

because he hasn't done ANYTHING to reach this so-called potential in TWO YEARS on this team....how long will we have to wait? 5 years??? 2nd round draft picks aren't taken to sit on the bench and do ZERO for the first two years of their career, while sucking down salary and cap better spent on PLAYERS who will perform. You keep polishing that Chad Jackson Superstar broken down jalopy....maybe some day it'll turn into this Maserati you keep dreaming about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back