PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you think has the potential to be traded today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Maroney nor Wilhite will be traded.

Sanders could go, I guess, but I doubt it. Ditto for Kaczur.

Don't really see any players being traded, to be honest.
Thats why I listed Clonamery, he's a different kind of !playah!

Kaczur, Maroney, A. Thomas. I'd package them to the Redskins, who have need for a zone-blocking RT, a runningback, and a linebacker, for their 4th this year and a conditional pick next year (based on performance, accolades such pro bowl escalators, etc), which could be either a 2nd or a 3rd.

Doy yall honestly want to see Meriweather moved?? He was clearly the only playmaker on defense last year. He has made great improvesments each and every year. Considering he was in the Pro Bowl last year, I say keep him...

Doy yall honestly want to see Meriweather moved?? He was clearly the only playmaker on defense last year. He has made great improvesments each and every year. Considering he was in the Pro Bowl last year, I say keep him...
Heck no, but our mastertraders [sic] are always throwing out players with low to no trade value, we may as well eviscerate the team by offering the choice cuts.

I have no clue why people could see the Pats trading away Merriwheather. On the other hand I would love to unload Thomas, Maroney, Wilhite, and Weathley. Adalius probably is the only one who has the best chance of getting dealt and bring some decent value though. I still think BB and the rest of the front office like Maroney enough to let him play out his contract here.

Merriweather, Maroney, or AD.

Who the hell else has any value to another team in a realistic trade scenario?

On other rosters names that have been 'leaked' include

Big Ben
Merriman
McFadden
Osi Umasomething
Bobby Carpenter
Marcus Spears
Albert Haynesworth
Greg Olsen
Branch

I expect not much to happen during the draft but after round 1 shakes out I think it is going to be mental. Those 2nd rounders could get some pretty good veterans.

This is going to be awesome.

I don't expect any Patriot players to be traded (look for Brady, Wilfork and Moss to be dealt know that I have said it).

Merriweather, Maroney, or AD.

Who the hell else has any value to another team in a realistic trade scenario?

You might be able to recamp that late 6th round pick that they spent on Brady

Heck no, but our mastertraders [sic] are always throwing out players with low to no trade value, we may as well eviscerate the team by offering the choice cuts.

I want both Maroney and Merrweather here this year. Maroney has done everything that's been asked of him and more (with the exception of a crucial fumble or two :mad:). There are many reasons to keep him.

Merriweather has been solid and made BB look good (draft pick-wise) but has shown less than ideal leadership given his experience and stature. If there's a safety BB really likes this year, Merriweather could be expendable if that's what it takes.

If BB doesn't nail this draft......trade him to Cleveland for their #1 next year and Mangina :cool:

I could see randy moss getting traded by the time the draft is over .......doesn't make sense with the WR the pats currently have........just a funny feeling

Heck no, but our mastertraders [sic] are always throwing out players with low to no trade value
Maybe they've been mastertrading too much and are going blind.

I can't see BB trading any players and keeping his reputation as a coach that loves veteran players.

Trading Seymour almost set the locker room on it's ear last season, and I thijnk it was 99% of the reason he kept tried so hard to resign Wilfork. He can't pull another one like that without serious consequences that would be detrimental to the team in 2010.

Everyone is on the block. What are you offering in return?

I can't see BB trading any players and keeping his reputation as a coach that loves veteran players.

Trading Seymour almost set the locker room on it's ear last season, and I thijnk it was 99% of the reason he kept tried so hard to resign Wilfork. He can't pull another one like that without serious consequences that would be detrimental to the team in 2010.

?? He's done it many times before.

Seymour was obviously well-liked and respected in the lockerroom and I'm sure the trade didn't go over too well with some. But BB has shown that he can be incredibly loyal to players who he thinks are worthy of it, but won't hesitate to pull the trigger on someone who prices themselves out of NE or isn't pulling their weight. I agree that letting Vince go after getting rid of Sey would almost be unthinkable, but the Brace pick tells me it wasn't out of the question if Vince had decided that 30 million wasn't enough for his services.

In fact, Vince, Brady and Welker are probably the only veterans on the team who you could unequivocally say won't be traded.

Last edited:

I doubt that trading Maroney, Kaczur, or even Sanders would have the same affect as trading Seymour. Now, trading Light or Koppen would be slightly different.

I would not be surprised if any of the following players were traded this weekend assuming they can get something for them or package with picks: Maroney, Thomas, Wilhite, or Sanders. Who are your picks?

None of them worth a decent pick IMO.

I don't think the Pats trade away any of their players for draft picks or any of their draft picks for players.

Although I love the idea of trading a 4th for McFadden. :)

It's definitely a reach, but to throw out a different idea, how about Warren? BB has the opportunity to draft some great 4-3 DE's and gets an extra 2nd rounder for Ty. Not saying I want it to happen... I think building a new scheme around a single draft is pretty much a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST