PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Do We Cheer For - Denver or Indy - and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy winning is better for us. Indy wins, and then comes to Foxboro and gets beat, and we're in the driver's seat, no?

Oswlek said:
Here are my thoughts from another thread:

I'm in a quandry as far as who I want to root for in this game. I loathe both of these teams, but can't stand Denver just a little more, probably because there is a larger fear element involved. I'm really not too concerned about Indy.

I was oringinally thinking that I would cheer for Indy to win, because that would knock Denver a game behind NE (assuming that they beat Minny, of course). But then I realized that if Indy loses to Denver and then is taken down by NE, that would go a long way towards NE getting a bye. A #1 or #2 is not coming out of the North, and with a game advantage plus a H2H, Indy would have to win 2 more games than NE the rest of the way.

However, If I were to have to choose which team I would rather have as #1 over NE, it would be Indy. I wouldn't even need a second to think about it. So that is vote in Indy's direction

That said, Denver's division and future schedule are both much more difficult than Indy's IMHO. So, it is more likely that Denver wins and still doesn't get a bye than Indy, giving NE a better shot at #1.

Like I said, I'm in a quandry.

So I can clearly not choose the glass in front of me... Thats's Vacinni type logic!

I have to root against Denver, because they are the only team that constantly beats us,

I am rooting for a meteor to drop out of the sky and crush both teams. Oddly I can't find this option for a wager on goldenpalce.com

Some of you guys are complete fools. There is no question that you pull for the Colts. Not liking Poilian or any other Colts personel is silly. There is no way the Patriots go to the Super Bowl if they have to go through Denver and we all know that. Brady can't even save them in that matchup. The lone win for Brady vs. the Broncos was when the Broncos hired a QB off the street and that game STILL came down to the last second. The Patriots simply DO NOT matchup with the Broncos. Same for Broncos vs. the Colts, Steelers & Colts vs. the Patriots.

I want the Dolts to win. We have their number like Denver has ours.

A couple of years ago when Griese was injured, we almost lost to Denver with them using a back up ex Florida QB if I am not mistaken. Can't remember exactly who it was, but we almost lost.

If given the choice, I'd rather go through the Dolts than have to go to Denver, the Patriots and games at Denver just don't mix...............

Indy, for many of the reasons that have been posted.

Double G said:
I want the Dolts to win. We have their number like Denver has ours.

A couple of years ago when Griese was injured, we almost lost to Denver with them using a back up ex Florida QB if I am not mistaken. Can't remember exactly who it was, but we almost lost.

If given the choice, I'd rather go through the Dolts than have to go to Denver, the Patriots and games at Denver just don't mix...............

The BUM ex-QB hired off the street was Danny Kanel. He was out of football and came back almost to beat the Patriots.

If the Colts beat the Patriots in 2 weeks, will people still say the Pats own them? Even with 2 wins in a row in the Boro?

Or will IND have to beat NE in the playoffs to shut most of you up?

I will root for Indy for these simple reasons:

1) We get to play them at home and so we have a chance to attain a tie-breaker advantage over them...

2) I want Denver to lose more games than us so their win over us means nothing in the tiebreakers...

That said, there probably are not two people in the NFL that I disdain more than Rat Boy Shanahan & Pouty Faced Peyton.

(Well, okay, maybe Bill Parcells and Terrell Owens...)

ADPF

fnordcircle said:
We should be rooting for Indy because Denver is the one team that we can't control our destiny with.

Exactly!

I'll stop there and agree, disagreeing with the rest of your post where you went on to contradict yourself. :)

emoney_33 said:
Cheer for Indy. They have the tiebreaker over us and we haven't played Indy yet so we could and hopefully will beat them and have the tiebreaker over them, Denver needs more losses than us.
i agree, cheer for indy. don't want to play denver again and you can run and even throw now on indy. plus indy's run game is subpar.

I've pondered this for a while. To me it comes down to one word:

Hate!!

I hate the friggin Colts and I want them to lose.

Maybe at the end of the season I'll regret that, but not now.

fnordcircle said:
We should be rooting for Indy because Denver is the one team that we can't control our destiny with.
Very true if getting the #1 seed is important to the exclusion of other options. However if getting the #2 seed, and a bye, is considered almost as important then the water becomes murkier.

PATSNUTme said:

Hate!!

Thank you...
Most Bronco Fan's like Brady.
I supported Patriots when you faced Indy.

ESPN just loves Payton though he chokes in Playoff's.
NFL changed the rules so that he will get the ring..

How can you support them???

Infact, I supported SD when they faced Colts last year..

RyanTheColtsFan said:
If the Colts beat the Patriots in 2 weeks, will people still say the Pats own them? Even with 2 wins in a row in the Boro?

Or will IND have to beat NE in the playoffs to shut most of you up?
Hold that thought until this time next week - we both still have a game to play yet :D

PATSNUTme said:

Hate!!

thank you

i expected an overwhelming response in this vein and am...underwhelmed...

You guys are all letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

We struggle against Denver. We don't want to play Denver in Denver under any circumstances. So we need to root for the Colts. It's that simple.

We will beat the Colts in Foxboro and control our own destiny.

Even if we end up having to play the Colts at Indy in the playoffs, we will beat them there as well, and it will be even sweeter.

Damn, this is a NO BRAINER!!!

jimmyjames said:
I am rooting for a meteor to drop out of the sky and crush both teams. Oddly I can't find this option for a wager on goldenpalce.com

Finally, a voice of reason among this travesty of a thread! Meteor, food poisoning from under cooked poultry, earthquake, volcano, you name it, it all works for me.

GO_BRONCOS said:
Thank you...
Most Bronco Fan's like Brady.
I supported Patriots when you faced Indy.

ESPN just loves Payton though he chokes in Playoff's.
NFL changed the rules so that he will get the ring..

How can you support them???

Infact, I supported SD when they faced Colts last year..

Haha. The only time we didn't choke in the playoffs was when DENVER came to town. You have NO reason to talk smack on the Colts. NONE.

When the two teams last met, the Colts embarrassed the Broncos in the 2004 AFC Wildcard game by a score of 49-24. Manning completed 27 of 33 passes for 457 yards with four touchdowns and one interception. It was the most passing yards the Denver Broncos had ever given up in a game.

Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
Some of you guys are complete fools. There is no question that you pull for the Colts. Not liking Poilian or any other Colts personel is silly. There is no way the Patriots go to the Super Bowl if they have to go through Denver and we all know that. Brady can't even save them in that matchup. The lone win for Brady vs. the Broncos was when the Broncos hired a QB off the street and that game STILL came down to the last second. The Patriots simply DO NOT matchup with the Broncos. Same for Broncos vs. the Colts, Steelers & Colts vs. the Patriots.

If this was week 16 and we needed a team to lose, I"d agree, but its early. At week 8, its still early enough to root for a team you hate to lose and not worry about the team that wins. Denver will end up with more losses than Indy at the end anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back