Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which CB do you want most? (in alphabetical order)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember I'm talking about CB's for the Patriots, not CB's in general:

Antoine Cason: Good hands, ballhawk, and he can take his INT's to the house. A very good Zone CB, who can also play Man coverage. He's got nice size for a CB (6' 191lbs). He's a playmaker, and could develop into a special player. If any of these soon to be rookie's could take over for Samuel I believe it's Cason. He's very experienced for a college CB, especially against pro style passing offenses. IF, he runs a good time at the combine he'll climb into the top 16-20 picks, as the career achievements are there. I'll say that I believe he plays faster than he times though. For those wondering, I already posted my scouting report on Cason somewhere in this draft section, lol.

Rodgers-Cromartie: If he gains a little weight and keeps that speed he'll be very good. Has good hands, high points the ball very well, and can take it to the house.

I like Chevis Jackson in the third round, too. I said that (and gave a mini-report of him) just prior to and just after the National Championship game.

Last edited:
wups i mean Thomas in 3rd? lol

hes late first depending how he runs

Thomas is a mid second/early third unless he runs REALLY well.

Remember I'm talking about CB's for the Patriots, not CB's in general:

Antoine Cason: Good hands, ballhawk, and he can take his INT's to the house. A very good Zone CB, who can also play Man coverage. He's got nice size for a CB (6' 191lbs). He's a playmaker, and could develop into a special player. If any of these soon to be rookie's could take over for Samuel I believe it's Cason. He's very experienced for a college CB, especially against pro style passing offenses. IF, he runs a good time at the combine he'll climb into the top 16-20 picks, as the career achievements are there. I'll say that I believe he plays faster than he times though. For those wondering, I already posted my scouting report on Cason somewhere in this draft section, lol.

FWIW, I believe that a lot of the early-season mocks--back when SF was expected to make the playoffs :D--had the Pats taking Cason.

I've said a lot about Cason already, so I won't add too much more. Only to say, I liked him as a junior and feel he's even better now. From the CBs I've seen, he has the best ball skills and knows how to play the position better than anyone.

I also believe he won't have the fastest 40, won't jump the highest but is fast and athletic enough to play the position. Great character and very smart.

He's clearly #1 on my board (for the Pats). Quite frankly, my #2 CB slot is still up for grabs (need to see some agility results).

All that said, I'd prefer him in a trade down (mid-first).

I've said a lot about Cason already, so I won't add too much more. Only to say, I liked him as a junior and feel he's even better now. From the CBs I've seen, he has the best ball skills and knows how to play the position better than anyone.

I also believe he won't have the fastest 40, won't jump the highest but is fast and athletic enough to play the position. Great character and very smart.

He's clearly #1 on my board (for the Pats). Quite frankly, my #2 CB slot is still up for grabs (need to see some agility results).

All that said, I'd prefer him in a trade down (mid-first).
That will all depend on how fast Cason runs in the forty. If it's close to 4.60 than I would not expend a first round pick on the guy.

That will all depend on how fast Cason runs in the forty. If it's close to 4.60 than I would not expend a first round pick on the guy.

Neither would I. He's never been timed by scouts so the experts are only projecting. To my eyes, he plays like a 4.47 guy. That's comparable to Samuel and may be even faster than Law. As I've said, he's fast enough. We'll see...

Neither would I. He's never been timed by scouts so the experts are only projecting. To my eyes, he plays like a 4.47 guy. That's comparable to Samuel and may be even faster than Law. As I've said, he's fast enough. We'll see...
Asante Samuel ran a 4.51 to 4.52 forty during the 2003 NFL Combines, so if Antoine Cason runs the same than he will definitely catapult into the mid-first round ranking.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2003/CombineCB.htm

Last edited:
Cason's a 4.45-4.54 guy. I don't think he looked "slow" either. Also, I think some of these forty times are artificial anyways.

Last edited:
Unlike Meriweather, Cason has hands.

After watching this video I have to say Brandon Flowers does look intriguing. He's small but really aggressive. Clearly size is not a factor to play in BB's defense so this kid could be of interest. Especially knowing he has a similar attitude as Meriweather.

Last edited:
I think finding a trading partner to get down in the lower 1st/hi 2nd round is most important. There is going to be a run on CBs, with a couple picks we could use the run on CBs to take another position(OL)and use our 2nd to take a CB.....what I dont want to see is to trade back (gaining value)only to lose it again trading up for a certain guy. In my opinion the difference between alot of these guys(after cb #4-5)isnt all that much. Trading down we wont have our choice, it would be best CB available. That said, I think Terrell from USC is a solid later choice.

After watching this video I have to say Brandon Flowers does look intriguing. He's small but really aggressive. Clearly size is not a factor to play in BB's defense so this kid could be of interest. Especially knowing he has a similar attitude as Meriweather.

I was about to say, no mention of Brandon Flowers on this list?
I think Flowers is the epitome of the mighty mite CB.
Plays aggressively and plays hard.
Could be a possibility in the early to mid 2nd round I think.

It will be interesting to see how the CBs run at the combine.

Last edited:
I was about to say, no mention of Brandon Flowers on this list?
I think Flowers is the epitome of the mighty mite CB.
Plays aggressively and plays hard.
Could be a possibility in the early to mid 2nd round I think.

It will be interesting to see how the CBs run at the combine.

There's a reason I provided an "Other" choice. :)

Seriously, though, I went with the five that I had most often read as Pats prospects. If I had put a sixth option, it'd probably be Flowers.

Rodgers-Cromartie is the best of the bunch and will end up being an NFL star. I want the Pats to trade down to the 10-14 window and take him.
He's the fastest, most athletic and tallest corner in the group and that's exactly what we need opposite Ellis Hobbs. If you like what you see out
of Antonio (his cousin) you will love this kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back