PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which 2021 "$%!$ you, we're the Patriots" game was best?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of these games was your favorite?

• Total voters

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As someone on Reddit said about the Bears-Patriots game in 2014:

Ah. We've arrived at this year's "F—k you we're the Patriots" game.

This year, we were treated to three games where the Pats put up a 40 (or 50) burger, and won by 3+ TDs. Which one was your favorite?

They didn’t score 40+, but the Tennessee game was the best win against a winning team.

I heard it announced that prior to today, no team had put up TWO 50 point games in a single season (not sure how true this is).

I'm curious if there's ever been a season where a team put up Multiple 38+ point wins in the same season..

I heard it announced that prior to today, no team had put up TWO 50 point games in a single season (not sure how true this is).

I'm curious if there's ever been a season where a team put up Multiple 38+ point wins in the same season..
Pats have done it 3x under Belichick.

But I think Jones is the first rookie to do it (at home, at least).

But I think Jones is the first rookie to do it (at home, at least).
2007 and 2012.. But in neither of those seasons did they have 3 games won by 38 points or more.

This may sound a little odd now considering how the season has played out, but my first thought was the Cleveland game.

Up until that point the only win against a decent team was two weeks prior, a 3-point win against the Chargers. About the best the national media was saying (in a condescending way) was that the rebuild was going well, with the Patriots 'holding their own' against good teams in close losses.

While the Browns were only 5-4 at the time, they could have easily been 8-2 - and were just coming off a complete annihilation of the Bengals, 41-16 on the road at Cincinnati. The Patriots completely dominated on both sides of the ball after the opening drive, for their fourth win in a row.

Of course a 50-burger against the Jets is always fun, too.

I like watching the Jets suffer especially since Jets fans sat at home wondering if their team selected the wrong QB. But if it wasn't the Jets, I wouldn't have really enjoyed that game.

But I typically hate blowouts against bad teams. They are a bit boring. I barely invested in yesterday's game since the Jags suck so bad. I would rather see a close win against a good team than a blow out against a bad team.

After Cleveland's first TD drive to completely dismantle them from that point was very impressive - against what was still seen as a "decent" team with a "good" QB.

And in '79 under Ron Erhardt
1641250425573.png
While I would of course enjoy a third 50-burger Sunday afternoon in Miami, I feel there's a cumulative limit to how much scoring a team does over a period of time

We will need all the points we can get in the playoffs

Cleveland was the game where we showed that we are first among equals.

Great game . And Myles Garrett was a non factor .

This may sound a little odd now considering how the season has played out, but my first thought was the Cleveland game.

Up until that point the only win against a decent team was two weeks prior, a 3-point win against the Chargers. About the best the national media was saying (in a condescending way) was that the rebuild was going well, with the Patriots 'holding their own' against good teams in close losses.

While the Browns were only 5-4 at the time, they could have easily been 8-2 - and were just coming off a complete annihilation of the Bengals, 41-16 on the road at Cincinnati. The Patriots completely dominated on both sides of the ball after the opening drive, for their fourth win in a row.

You make some excellent points but you don't mention that the Cleveland game had Mike the Brit in the 300s yelling like a lunatic. I think that closes the case. (I was at the Chicago game in 2014 too. Just sayin'.)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back