PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is the excitement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabthepat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It must just be me or something but I feel really positive about our team this year. Even after the Buffalo game. It seems like the media and some of of our fans are looking at the glass as half empty so soon in the season. Some things I'm excited about;

1) Maroney - I literally jumped out of my seat Sunday when he made some of those cuts. Those were cuts I would see great RBs make on other teams. This kid is going to be a player other teams wished they had.

2) Our kicker has had a very good start. It's early on but he is doing what we want a new guy to do. Make the ones you should and be there when it's critical.

3) I think our D line is going to kick butt this year. We have 3 terrific starters.

4) Our secondary is at least back on it's feet again. Seeing number 37 come up and make a hit is sweet.

5) Jackson and Gabriel have real potential. In fact, Jackson could exceed Branch in the long run. He is bigger and faster.

6) We have Tom Brady. Enough said.

7) And finally, I think Bill did a great job coaching this team to a divisional title last year with all the injuries we had. I look forward to game planning this year. "In Bill I Trust."

Last edited:
Hey, I'm ecited! Football is back period, so regardless I'm excited. The brainwaves have just been wrapped up with Leion thoughts for so long, but now we fans (as well as the team) can finally move on!

I'm excited, I'm already aboard the bandwagon. The first game was great. We did a lot of bad things, but we won. The coach has lots of things to complain about and its September, we don't want to peak in September. I would like improvement against the Jets with a win, then destroy Denver, I can accept a loss at Cincy and then beat Miami. That's my early projections.

I'm with you rab. Now that "the situation" has been resolved I think the focus will be back where it should be. TB admitted it was a distraction and that he's ready to get back to QB'ing. Once TB and the newbies get used to each other things should be O.K.

There has been a lot of excitement on this board.

1. Excitement that we will trade for Jerry Porter and ***** ****.

2. Excitement about having no WR's.

3. Excitment about having no depth at LB.

4. Excitment about the Patriots blowing it on the Branch deal.

This is a Homer thread and will never get the posts or reads that and exciting thread about how cheap the Patriots are will get.

But, I'm a Homer from Homerville so I am very excited about our team and the season.:rocker:

I'm real excited about the team. :woohoo: :rocker:

I see the outstanding potential that this team has before it.
Even the two areas of concern, ILB and WR are starting to look good.
I was encourage to see how PATs responded to Mcgahee in the second
half of that game. When Bruschi is back healthy that unit will be great again.

The potential of Gabriel and Jackson is there. Steve Grogan says 4 weeks to
get timing down. So after Bye week PATs should be really looking like the
team we think it will be.

The only thing that could prevent the potential from being realized
is a slew of injuries. But PATs had lots of them in previous two seasons. Maybe
there wont be so many this year.

Last edited:
**stretch** **yawn** **scratch** **mumble** Wass all the fuss, can't a guy get some peace around here? **yawn** Wen's basheball sheason start? **yawn** **lip smack** **snore*

I'm more down on the Pats than I usually am mostly because of the Branch shenanigans and the lack of production from the WR's in week 1. The players seem somewhat depressed over losing Branch, and I think their play may suffer as a result. Chad Jackson and Gabriel need to get on the field pronto. I'm sick of waiting for these guys, Jackson in particular.

With all of that being said, I still expect this team to eventually get on a roll and go far in the playoffs. The defense was impressive against the Bills, and I like Dean Pees as the DC much more than the inconsistent Mangina.

Even without Branch, I still believe that this team is one of the tightest Pats teams ever. Let's break it down versus last years team, which only failed to win a fourth ring by a series of unlikely flukes in Denver:

Quarterback - same

Running backs - improved with healthy Dillon and Maroney (we are cutting players here that other teams are trading draft picks for)

Offensive line - improved with new talent and younger, will be even better when Kaczur returns

Receivers and TEs - arguably worse here, but the jury is out on the long term impact, and it's unquestionably that we've brought good talent (and size) here that could step up

Defensive line - best pats D-line ever, young and strong and deep

Linebacks - seem to be coalescing, played well in the second half versus the Bills and will only get better when Bruschi returns

DBs - Harrison returns and there is good strong youth at other positions, with the potential for Hobbs to emerge as one of the top DBs and Wilson to step up this year as well

Kicking - No negatives yet on Gost, some positives with a stronger leg, and Miller is still Miller

Special teams - an area of emphasis this year from BB, I think we will see improved performance overall

Net - net, we are a better team. Then you factor in the huge cap space we've got left over, plus our massive stockpile of draft picks, and you've got a team that is going to be able to take care of the key players for future years and bring in some great new talent as well.

Not to mention the best coach and player personnel director in the league.

I am still predicting 16-0.

And yes I am a homer.

Since the beginning of last year I have thought that NE would not win the SB in 2005, but surprise those who write them off by storming back with a dominant 2006 culminating with a "Dynasty Confirming" Super Bowl.

I have seen nothing that changes my mind in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft