PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Braylon Edwards Suspencion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Pats fans are so scared that they want BE suspended?
you mean the guy you call stone hands?

i guess you dont want your up and coming corners see him again...
and you understand you wont be able to catch the Jets unless some players get injured or miss games

this is getting to be a great season...i love it

So basically you are erroneously assuming that the Pats fans are scared of the Jets and Braylon Edward, and then sarcastically making fun of them for your ridiculous assumption??? Golden, simply golden logic!!!! I desperately hope that the Jets win every game from here on out, cause watching them blow it in the playoffs will be that much sweeter!!!

Why in the world would we want the Jets players to be injured??? So we can hear another list of excuses why the Jets blew it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

Goodell is not allowed to suspend him, he violated the substance abuse policy not the personal conduct policy. If he had hurt someone or damaged property then he could have, but seeing as he didn't do those things goodell is not allowed to suspend or fine him.

Are you sure about this? I thought it was the team that could not suspend him, not Goodell

it is a personal conduct suspention but we know it won't happen he's a jet

Are you sure about this? I thought it was the team that could not suspend him, not Goodell

I am pretty sure he is right on this and that is why no action as been made.

Suspensions can be based on the substance rules but I believe first offense puts you in the program and I dont think suspensions kick in until the 3rd offense. Though I am sure there is alot more to it than just that. But think back to when Kazcur got in trouble with the OCs no suspension there. I would guess there a rules to the extent of the infraction too as I cant imagine certain things even if it fell under substance wouldnt be suspension.

BE: Yo Roger, homie. I'm real sorry for getting drunk and then getting caught by the po-po.
RG: No probs, Bray. I got your back.
BE: But won't the media comment if I don't at least get a suspension?
RG: Naah they're a bunch of clueless schills. I'll just pretend it never happened.
BE: Thanks Rog, you pretty cool for a commish!
RG: It's what I do, now go out there and catch some more TDs. Go Jets!

So it's now been almost a month with no word from the NFL. Is Goodell really going to drag it out so Holmes can be integrated into the Jets offense before Edwards gets some kind of punishment. I mean seriouy Rothlesberger got suspended even though nothing was proven and he was not charged. Braylon Edwards was arrested while driving under the influence (twice the legal limit). I don't understand why more questions are not being asked

Ben raped two women...raped them!

Another jet's thread ... who woulda thunk it? :bricks::bricks::bricks:

He dougie'd his way out of a suspension.

what would he be suspended for?

I am pretty sure he is right on this and that is why no action as been made.

Suspensions can be based on the substance rules but I believe first offense puts you in the program and I dont think suspensions kick in until the 3rd offense. Though I am sure there is alot more to it than just that. But think back to when Kazcur got in trouble with the OCs no suspension there. I would guess there a rules to the extent of the infraction too as I cant imagine certain things even if it fell under substance wouldnt be suspension.
This is correct. There is no suspension for first-time violators of the substance abuse policy.

Ben raped two women...raped them!

I am the last person to ever defend a rapist, but Ben was never even charged with rape much less convicted of it. In our society you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. Unless ofcoarse you're on the New York Jets, in which case either way it makes no difference because there is no punishing the guilty.

As mentioned by several others, this falls under substance abuse policy because it is Edwards' first DUI. The official NFL policy is that first time offenders can be fined up to $50,000, with suspensions happening only after a second offense. The first DUI would fall under the league's Substance Abuse Policy; a second offense would come under Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy.

Goodell is not playing favorites here. For example, Ronnie Brown and Will Allen both also had DUIs this year. In both cases it was their first offense, so neither was suspended; presumably they both entered the first phase of the league's Substance Abuse Policy which includes testing, counseling, evaluation, etc. A second offense gets a four game suspension and a third offense would result in a one year suspension.

There is a gray area regarding Edwards' case, however. He did have a previous assault charge, to which he pled no contest. That means in the NFL's eyes he could be considered a two-time offender, which would fall under the Personal Conduct Policy. He was also pulled once over for driving 120 mph, though I doubt speeding tickets would fall under that policy.

Unless there has been a change in the pattern of how Goodell is handling this case in comparison to others - which I don't see - then there's no point in questioning why Edwards has yet to be suspended.

As mentioned by several others, this falls under substance abuse policy because it is Edwards' first DUI. The official NFL policy is that first time offenders can be fined up to $50,000, with suspensions happening only after a second offense. The first DUI would fall under the league's Substance Abuse Policy; a second offense would come under Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy.

Goodell is not playing favorites here. For example, Ronnie Brown and Will Allen both also had DUIs this year. In both cases it was their first offense, so neither was suspended; presumably they both entered the first phase of the league's Substance Abuse Policy which includes testing, counseling, evaluation, etc. A second offense gets a four game suspension and a third offense would result in a one year suspension.

There is a gray area regarding Edwards' case, however. He did have a previous assault charge, to which he pled no contest. That means in the NFL's eyes he could be considered a two-time offender, which would fall under the Personal Conduct Policy. He was also pulled once over for driving 120 mph, though I doubt speeding tickets would fall under that policy.

Unless there has been a change in the pattern of how Goodell is handling this case in comparison to others - which I don't see - then there's no point in questioning why Edwards has yet to be suspended.

correct. if anyone can show me an example of a first time dwi offender getting suspended immediately, i will concede the point. in the meantime, stop whining about non-existent preferential treatment from goodell towards the jets... waaaa waaa waaa.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore