Asking for your support

Which QB would you take?

• RGIII

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to my enemies list.

And even more scary.. welcome to Giselle's enemy list ;)

Haha. :D In all honesty, you could find a lot of people saying the same for Luck.

It's pretty much trading a top 3 QB at age 36 for a top 10 QB at age 24, that you hope will become top 3.

All fun hypotheticals.

Re: Re: When Tom Brady retires......

I'd take Luck before either of them.

The Colts reloading with Luck has always stuck in my craw.

Heres your reward for the gross incompetent mismanagement of your team. :mad:

And the tanking of games.

and you had the choice of RGIII or Colin Kaepernick, who would you take?

I know this is one of those crazy UNREALISTIC conversations, but just dream for a second. Other than them both having the ability to scramble and escape pressure with their legs, what about their mentals? Who is more accurate and potent? Who do you think would be more "patriotic" so to say for this team?

You mean IF tom brady retires....:D

Luck was the worst of the four best rookie QB's last year, and was an average QB overall coming in 15th in EPA/P.

RG3 was 4th, Wilson 6th and Kaep 9th. I can understand arguing that durability makes him more desireable in the long run than RG3, but stating that the res not close second is hyperbole at its finest.
Doesn't change much of what you're saying but Kaepernick wasn't a rookie last year. He is now in year 3.

Brady will be playing well even in his early 40s.

His game revolves around his brilliance and understanding of schemes. That only gets better.

As his legend grows I think opposing players will develop even more respect for him (they can say they played againt Brady) he will be less likely to receive a cheap shot.

He loves the sport and cant imagine doing anything with his life.

He is always improving his technique

His game isnt about mobility so even when he slows down it wont be a huge problem.

He takes meticulous care of himself and only gets better at it as he has gotten older.

It would not surprise me if Brady logged 20 years in the NFL.

Haha. :D In all honesty, you could find a lot of people saying the same for Luck.

It's pretty much trading a top 3 QB at age 36 for a top 10 QB at age 24, that you hope will become top 3.

All fun hypotheticals.

I dunno, I'm old. I wasn't even a teen when the Patriots were in SBXX. I remember crying like a little ***** when they lost to the Broncos the next season. (PS - **** everyone on that defense who stopped playing when there was a flag thrown for offsides which let Elway toss an easy TD)

Brady brought me championships I never thought we'd see here.

I don't care how awful he is, he's my hero and I want him to finish his career here.

But if we're playing Madden I'm trading Brady.

The Colts reloading with Luck has always stuck in my craw.

Heres your reward for the gross incompetent mismanagement of your team. :mad:

[COLOR=black said:
Bruins29][/COLOR]
And the tanking of games

Yes, but look at it this way; Luck has to live in .... Indiana.

so with that (location) and that the DOLTS still dont have a large market-base to draw on ; means the odds of them having the cash or the FA-attractiveness to ever replicate the Forehead success (which was only made possible by horrible NFL cap-equity enforcement and miraculous timing) is slim.

I'd take Luck before either of them. The way the Redskins are using RGIII, I have my doubts that he'll last long enough in the NFL in order to see Brady retire and become a Patriot. I also think Kaepernick is overrated. Luck is going to be the true stud out of the three of them (RGIII, Kaepernick, and Wilson) when it's all said and done.

On a side note, I recently learned that the Jags drafted a punter a few picks before Wilson went to the Seahawks. A big LOL at that one.

Yes, but don't forget that Luck also does some scrambling of his own. I know not on the Kaep/RGIII level, but he took some hard hits last season running around escaping pressure. Don't get me wrong, I love this kid, I think Luck has the best chance on becoming the next Brady or Manning but RGIII, if healthy, makes this cut as well.

I do not see a back-up QB like a Steve Young on the horizon. Ranking the NFL's 12 best backup quarterbacks | Audibles - SI.com The only one on the list who might flourish is Ryan Fitzpatrick who never had the OL to take advantage of his smarts and ability as a pocket passer.

Lots of people will be interested in the job if Dante Scarnecchia is still around and the OL is great.

If the Patriots had to make a move for next year, I'd look closely at trading up to get Johnny Manziel who is a terrific playmaker, accurate passer and could mature into a Drew Brees type QB.

Manziel is a knucklehead, but who wasn't at 20? A year or two marinating as a Patriots backup could be what is needed.

I guess I'd take RGIII over Kaepernick, just because I'd like to see Kaepernick consistently make his reads and not lock on to his first receiver before I buy in on him. That said, it wouldn't shock me if Brady is an effective QB for as long as either of them, particularly Griffin.

Yes, but don't forget that Luck also does some scrambling of his own. I know not on the Kaep/RGIII level, but he took some hard hits last season running around escaping pressure. Don't get me wrong, I love this kid, I think Luck has the best chance on becoming the next Brady or Manning but RGIII, if healthy, makes this cut as well.

That's mostly because he was playing behind one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen. He's a pocket passer who can scramble if needed, which is a whole different beast than a running quarterback.

That's mostly because he was playing behind one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen. He's a pocket passer who can scramble if needed, which is a whole different beast than a running quarterback.

yeah, good point.

Luck was running for his life behind a turnstile of an OL. RGIII was running like a chicken with his head cut off, and taking highlight reel hits in the process. He's not going to last long in this league if he keeps playing like that.

Russell Wilson for sure, last year his performance in the playoffs reminds me of Brady in the 2001 playoffs. Wasn't for seahawk's defense collapse we might already saw him with the lambordi trophy, that kid's mental state is up there with the elites, of course his QB skill can still grow with time.

I'm predicting that by the end of this year, the 9ers will regret getting rid of alex smith

This. Story is : if everyone knew how much he was "winging it" they'd be shocked. Didn't know plays.

I think he'll regress and that SF will not be the team everyone is currently in love with.

Neither because their careers are going to be short if they keep running and taking hits.

RG3. He's 10x the passer that Colin Kaepernick is.

RG3 is the better talent and I like his personality.

I dislike Kaepernick's personality; but I think he may have a better career than RG3 due to RG3's injury history.

But I'd still take RG3 even if I think he won't have a great career cause it's easier to root for a person you like than one you don't

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back