PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When should the pats start resting starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the games following next week's for the Packers are far more important to them.

vs Giants (Wild Card)
vs Bears (NFC North)

Wow, they couldn't have two more important games following the Pats.

the pats clinch a bye with 1 more win.
There is no way that BB is going to enter the play-offs giving his starters 3 weeks off. Not happening, and it shouldn't. He's never done that and he never will. If you rest 22 guys for 2 games, how are you going to get by playing just 26 for 2 weeks?

True, but remember what happened to welker last r year when the pats had nothing to play for.

Well you have a point. I was kind of thinking about this too ! Bill won't rest the starters per se but will find a way to use the games for trying out any scenarios that needs perfection.

and this is just my pure unadulterated assumption and I have no god damn clue what Bill will do :D

Last edited:
There is no way that BB is going to enter the play-offs giving his starters 3 weeks off. Not happening, and it shouldn't. He's never done that and he never will. If you rest 22 guys for 2 games, how are you going to get by playing just 26 for 2 weeks?

NOT FOR THE FULL GAME!! more like limit their plays

They clinch a bye with a win and a Jets loss. They can't clinch a number one seed no matter what next week.

No matters what happens, BB will play all the starters for at least a half and then a few series in the 3rd in the last game.

Last edited:
wtf i grew up in new england and been to 19 games.lol

I think bill should take what happened last year into consideration.

:confused: With the Colts.

Rest them for two games, only to watch them eat a d!ck in the big game. :confused:

Last edited:
The New England Patriots want home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Belichick will only rest players who are injured and that won't occur until the New England Patriots have clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

We don't even have our division won, let alone the #1 seed, and already there's a post about resting starters?

Assuming they win the next two and wrap up the one seed in week 16, they'll probably have most starters play the first half of the miami game and then pull them. Even then, you're really only talking about Brady, branch, welker, wilfork, mayo, and some OL that are irreplaceable guys you have to protect.

We don't even have our division won, let alone the #1 seed, and already there's a post about resting starters?

Aaron rodgers most likely won't play next year and the jets have to face the steelers.

Has BB ever rested his starters?

Becomes even less likely with the high probability that the Pats are the #1 seed and will get a bye, that will be their week to rest. You wouldnt want to go into the playoffs with your starters not playing in a game for 3 weeks.

starters start...every year some whackjob makes the same post

btw and fwiw....Good to see Fred Taylor back in the mix again. :)
There's your "resting people".
It's good to have some depth, ain't it? :D

Has BB ever rested his starters?

Becomes even less likely with the high probability that the Pats are the #1 seed and will get a bye, that will be their week to rest. You wouldnt want to go into the playoffs with your starters not playing in a game for 3 weeks.

You can't tell me in the back of bill's mind he doesn't think about the welker injury.
IT WAS A FREAK PLAY WITH NO CONTACT!!

You can't tell me in the back of bill's mind he doesn't think about the welker injury.
That freak accident could happen at practice. So you don't want the starters to practice either?

By your philosophy, the Patriots shouldnt play any starters after the Packers game next week, and presumably be the #1 seed and play their playoff game 4 weeks after their starters last played in a game. That would work out real well.

It was a freak play right, as in doesnt happen very often. There are thousands upon thousands of plays in each week of the NFL. How many plays does someone get injured like Welker did? Probably less than 1%. It was a freak injury, and a very bad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft