PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did you become a Patriot Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father took me to a game at Fenway and they played the Oilers, either 1968 or 1969. I remember walking up the ramp and seeing the bleacher seats up against the green monster, it looked awesome to me. I've been a fan ever since..............

my father was a pats fan, so I would always watch games with him when I was little but never fully understand them

I grew up and Cirtus Martin was the eye opener for me, that man was amazing the way he ran and played ball

1960 - 11 years old

1986 AFC championship game. I was 6 years old. I loved the "squish the fish" chant, so I became a fan.

When did everyone in here become a Pats fan?

(I'm trying to prove to my friend that the majority of fans on here are not bandwagoners)

I'm in my early twenties but didn't become a pats fan until right around when they drafted Drew...(age 11 or so)

2002, as soon as the final whistle went on SB 36. :rolleyes:

Went to my first game in 1973 against the Chargers with my grandfather. I became a devoted fan during the great 1976 season when I was 13. Until then, I had like most kids of the that era been a fan of the Steelers (it was either the Steelers or the Cowboys back then) because the Pats were terrible and rarely on TV because they never sold out. I remember switching allegiance during the third game of the year as the Pats beat the world champions in Pittsburg. The next week I attended the famous 48-17 thrashing of the Raiders with my father and I havn't missed a game since.

'85 season....

Squish the FISH!
Berry the BEARS!

well.....one outta 2 ain't bad.

birth, My Grandfather bought season tix when the pats moved into foxboro way back when and my dad took them over...so I was born into it and have enjoyed the pats my whole life thur thick and thin.

Thanks Papa Joe (and dad too)

Last edited:

Ever since 1978. I was 8(had the hat, gloves, and coat, but I really became hooked in '85!).

1970 - Went to games with my grandfather - It was the greatest!

birth, My Grandfather bought season tix when the pats moved into foxboro way back when and my dad took them over...so I was born into it and have enjoyed the pats my whole life thur thick and thin.

Thanks Papa Joe (and dad too)

Almost birth here, I am one of the young old farts as my Dad took me in 1960 when I was 8, and I haven't missed many games since. I have seen them at every home venue (except for Birmingham), have had season tickets since Schaeffer Stadium opened and I haven't missed a home game since Gillette opened!!

Maybe I have seen you there - look at my location in my sig.

Thick and thin here as well.....what an awesome decade this one has been so far, with hopefully more success to come!!

Last edited:
1960 - 7 years old.

Long time reader of this forum, first time poster. Grew up in New England and have been a Patriots fan since the 70s. Tim Fox came to my high school and challenged all of us to a 50 yard dash. He kicked our butts and he was running backwards.

Now I am in Charger country, can't wait for this season to get started.:D

1970 - six years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back