PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Brady Retires, are you done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon man. I can't believe you don't understand his position.

Do like this ****? It is complete and utter Bull ****.

I watch football because I want a pleasant distraction from my daily grind. Watching an innocent guy get railroaded by a league of rich ****ing pricks is not a "pleasant" distraction.
I don't understand his position. I don't care for the NFL circus or even the Boston Sports Media Circus. I don't watch pre-game shows and pass on the post game shows when the Pats lose. I do, however, enjoy sitting in front of the television and watching football. Lower expectations won't change that.

It's not fair-weather, it's the fact that we are sick and tired of supporting a league that is destroying the sport we love, just for the almighty dollar. Maybe there will be a new generation of owners/leadership that will turn the league around, but right now I can't support the owners. Things change. It's not an easy choice either. I'm sure I'll want to watch the Patriots after BB and TB12 retire, but I just can't support the league, even in adding to the viewership by tuning-in. I boycott products and companies I dislike and the NFL is just about there...
It's been about money since the players wore leather helmets. The owners have ALWAYS been spoiled rich guys...a lot of them morons. Who supports the league? Before Kraft lured BB back to Foxboro, we barely knew the league existed. Concussions, PEDs, and the criminal behavior have captured the attention of the media and that has put the league on the podium. Don't believe these are new problems. It's just part of our PC culture that people care about such things. Allegations of cheating come with being at the top of the heap. That's not new either.

Here's my sage advice to you...
  • Listen to music in your car
  • Start your NFL game day at 1:00pm
  • Turn off your television if you stop enjoying a contest
This is entertainment. Don't make more of it than it is. I would encourage you to visit the Patriots' museum and, if possible, Canton. If none of that helps you enjoy the NFL, by all means step away.

Once Brady and BB are done, Im out until Goodell is out. Been taking up futbal for the past 6 years and I love it almost as much as football. It feels like cheating but your wife is ok with it.

Futbol is a great sport, but its also a billion times more corrupt than the NFL believe it or not.

Been a Pats fan since about 1970, no reason to change. This is a huge fly in the ointment, but many here missed the series of shenanigans that plagued this team for a very long time, before the Kraft's bought this team.

I bleed Pats blue and will never change...

davis_soxnatspre21_spts.jpg

I'm sorry, but this thread is an embarrassment.

If you want to root for individual players, go watch tennis. Everyone involved with the team is behind Brady 1,000,000% If your hatred for RK makes you not see that, maybe it's time to jump ship and jump on the Celtics bandwagon, its starting to get full.

I will be much less interested once TB and BB are gone. However, hopefully, it will be like the AI movie for a while. You know the part where the future robots in a frozen earth no humans left, world are in awe of the boy robot (they found buried beneath the ice for a thousand years) because the boy robot knew and interacted real humans and they needed to know what that was like.
It will be like in 2026 when TB is long gone and we are like "That CB was a practice squad player the last year TB was on the team" etc etc. He actually played with TB..

Last edited:
To answer the thread title question: Nope. I was a fan before Brady and I'll be a fan afterwards.

I was trying to give you a virtual wedgie.
funny-gifs-atomic-wedgie.gif

I don't understand his position. I don't care for the NFL circus or even the Boston Sports Media Circus. I don't watch pre-game shows and pass on the post game shows when the Pats lose. I do, however, enjoy sitting in front of the television and watching football. Lower expectations won't change that.

I do understand his position.

From the 1970's until the mid 2000's I was watching the NFL. Since then I've been watching the WWFL.

Scandal after Scandal. Yeah.

I'm not saying that I won't watch a Pats game or stop being a fan but completely understand someone who says they are done.

I do understand his position.

From the 1970's until the mid 2000's I was watching the NFL. Since then I've been watching the WWFL.

Scandal after Scandal. Yeah.

I'm not saying that I won't watch a Pats game or stop being a fan but completely understand someone who says they are done.

I understand them also.......it is really simple

you want to watch football? watch football
don't want to watch football? don't watch football

after all, it is only entertainment and nobody is going to miss you if you stop watching

I understand them also.......it is really simple

you want to watch football? watch football
don't want to watch football? don't watch football

after all, it is only entertainment and nobody is going to miss you if you stop watching

But what I really need to know....because I care.......is if you think I'm a fairweather fan or not.

You seem to be the authority of such matters around here so I thought I'd ask you. :D

But what I really need to know....because I care.......is if you think I'm a fairweather fan or not.

You seem to be the authority of such matters around here so I thought I'd ask you. :D

not yet

Curious how old you might be. A lot of us have been Pats fans since long before The Hooded One arrived in New England. It will be fun to see what comes next. I hope it is easier to get tickets when the fair weather fans walk away.

I've probably been a Pats fan for longer than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back