PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up with Rodney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when bill got rodney, he got him BECAUSE HE WAS AN ANIMAL! we didnt get him because he was the fastest or smartest or most talented safety out there.

sorry man, odds are he'll be wearing raider silver n black next season. joining the long line of aging penalty mongers like ronnie lott, warren sapp and bill romanowski

Totally off topic, but I just found out that Rodney's kid goes to school with my friend's kid. Obviously I'm not going to say where. He drops the kid off at school now and then. What I found funny that there is a school directory with everyone's address and cell phone numbers, including Rodney's. Now I really respect people's privacy and I would never call him or do a drive-by or anything, but it was cool seeing that info for some weird reason. I guess sometimes it's easy to forget that even Patriots are normal people.

Or maybe it's just me.

First off, the call was on Asante Samuel on the sideline, not Rodney.

He had one personal foul for a late hit last night. Big deal.

The ref called the wrong #. That was definitely called on Rodney.

Boy, are you over reacting. He's the most fined player in the league, I believe. Rodney has never not delivered a hit when there was any question and has oftem been called for it.

His one late hit was bad and he got called for one near the sideline where the guy was still running and was in bounds.

The second was an awful call and Rodney was right to make sure that guy was stopped. The first was late, but that's what has always been the trade off with Rodney.

Always, since way before the Patriots.
Absolutely bad call on the "out of bounds" hit late in the game. The runner was still in bounds when Rodney laid the lumber on him. Problem with some refs is they throw the flag based on where the runner and the guy hitting him end up, which was out of bounds, rather than where the contact originated.

Speaking of refs, when are the Pats going to get a good squad? So far, I've seen Hochuli's crew do a game, and the crew that did the Green Bay game yesterday is usually good, IMO. I have never personally seen those officials we had last night, which doesn't mean anything, but they were out of it. That does mean something.

As for Rodney, I'll worry about him when he no longer is on the edge of getting flagged a couple of times a game for vicious hits.

when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be congratulatory, like, "How can he elevate his play so much now its the playoffs?" LOL
I'll take that type of game from him everytime. Sure, he got flagged, but the second penalty was BS and he sure looked great on that interception.

i agree, it's like he just wants to fight or something. the guy is mad at the end of every play. as if he's been wronged. guy's always been scrappy but not this bad. call me crazy but i dont think he's back next year. i think bellichik will have seen enough

Sorry, but i will have to call you crazy for this. I believe he will be back, he is still our best safety.

The ref called the wrong #. That was definitely called on Rodney.

I thought it was on Asante because it was clear Asante tomahwak'd the guy well out of bounds, whereas Rodney first hit the guy in bounds.

And then when they named Asante the culprit, it made sense.

sorry man, odds are he'll be wearing raider silver n black next season. joining the long line of aging penalty mongers like ronnie lott, warren sapp and bill romanowski

First of all, to even lump Ronnie Lott in with Sapp and Romo shows you are clueless.

Rodney is the leader of that defense, the heart and soul. Without him, they aren't the same.

i agree, it's like he just wants to fight or something. the guy is mad at the end of every play. as if he's been wronged. guy's always been scrappy but not this bad. call me crazy but i dont think he's back next year. i think bellichik will have seen enough

How was that for intensity? I guess the Pats celebrating their 16-0 record for 48 hours didn't affect them last night.

So is this your new complaint or are you gonna ***** about the D. It's always something with you, you're not happy unless your worring and complaining about something.

rodney2.jpg

Haha, quality.

I just see a man running on pure emotion and drive. He also made an important INT in case we forgot. He's a beast and he's letting you know it.

NewtonTomCat--here's the beginning and end of it: you're wrong.

If we're lucky, and I think we will be, Rodney will be back next year and welcomed by everyone.

Did he make a mistake last night? Yes. Piling on was an uncharacteristic bit of bad judgment. He'll hear about that--he's already heard about that, I'm sure--and no one will be harder on him than he is on himself.

But we are damn lucky to have Rodney. I hope he plays out his football career here.

First of all, to even lump Ronnie Lott in with Sapp and Romo shows you are clueless.

Rodney is the leader of that defense, the heart and soul. Without him, they aren't the same.

Lott wasn't the leader, heart and soul of the 9ers defense? who's clueless? with due respect to rodney (who was BB's best defensive FA acquisition), Lott was more central to the 9ers D than Rod is to ours

Rodney is a hothead. The same thing that makes him such a great, intense player also comes out in "extracurricular" activities. You see this all the time where he isn't involved in a given play and is mixing it up with someone away from the ball. BB pulled him for a few plays after that 15-yarder during the Giants. As the playoffs continue, Rodney needs to smarten up and stop getting flagged or else it's REALLY going to cost us.

Rodney is a hothead. The same thing that makes him such a great, intense player also comes out in "extracurricular" activities. You see this all the time where he isn't involved in a given play and is mixing it up with someone away from the ball. BB pulled him for a few plays after that 15-yarder during the Giants. As the playoffs continue, Rodney needs to smarten up and stop getting flagged or else it's REALLY going to cost us.

Please think before making posts like this. Anything other than congratulatory comments directed at our players and coach will get you labelled "clueless", "moron", "Jets fan" etc etc. This will happen regardless of how well you make your point, and how beneficial it would be to the team if your advice were followed.

the Pats are 17-0 numbnuts...WITHOUT the benefit of your "advice"...do something useful like a counter job at MickeyD's

The topics that some people can come up with, I mean really. Rodney hitting people a little late? No way, never heard of that one

You guys bring nitpicking to another level.

Dead on. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore