PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Up With Colvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ahh...umm...when did Colvin become a bum? Wasn't it right here, the day the news of his release was announced that everyone was going through the "I don't believe it! What are they thinking" phase?

What happened between now and then?

Aside from injury, the first one was very freaky... the issue with him is that he seems to have difficulty shedding blocks, and holding the edge.. although he considers himself as elite, he seems above average at best. Not minimizing his role, only what I see.

I agree ... it appears he likes to be paid for what
he can do even if he's not always around to do it.

So ahh...umm...when did Colvin become a bum? Wasn't it right here, the day the news of his release was announced that everyone was going through the "I don't believe it! What are they thinking" phase?

Good, solid player. Will never be confused with Andre Tippett or Willie McGinist.

Who here said he was a bum?
He's not worth what he wants for compensation. Not because he is a bum,
more because he is always injured or dinged up. Certainly we know of more
than a few here who played while dinged and performed rather well.

I never said he was a bum. He was, in terms of his contract, an overpaid risk who has suffered two season ending injuries. I'd be happy to have him back, at a much lesser price than he was due.

Who here said he was a bum?
He's not worth what he wants for compensation. Not because he is a bum,
more because he is always injured or dinged up. Certainly we know of more
than a few here who played while dinged and performed rather well.

Sorry--I don't recall putting bum in quotes, indicating it was a quote.

Also, this
Naw, it's better to go with the flow and call the guy an injury prone bum. No need to watch the last Pats v. Indy game, one in which the Pats played mostly in a 43 with Colvin seeing far more snaps than AD. I think Colvin helped seal the win with a late fourth quarter FF and an INT to boot, but what's the point? He was an injury waiting to happen and a bum.
was stuck in my head at the time.

Sheesh.

Good, solid player. Will never be confused with Andre Tippett or Willie McGinist.

Remember he actually was a Pro Bowl player leaving Chicago 5 yrs ago in his mid 20s. A lot of us thought he would be a staple in Hawaii. He did make a world class pick of Rivers in the classic Chargers game in 06. Best upset this dynasty ever put on.

i would like to see him come back, he can still make plays

i would like to see him come back, he can still make plays

As I said earlier, I wouldnt be averse to seeing Colvin back for the Pats. Just not at the terms he previously had.

Problem is, as with Spikes, its a market with teams willing to pay silly money, especially at LB and CB. Therefore, he wont come cheap. Which means the chances of a return are minimal.

Aside from injury, the first one was very freaky... the issue with him is that he seems to have difficulty shedding blocks, and holding the edge.. although he considers himself as elite, he seems above average at best. Not minimizing his role, only what I see.
Yeah I wouldn't ever call him ELITE as a Patriot, I think he was a bit of a liability against the run. He would have been better as a more situational pass rusher IMO. But I love Rosey to pieces as a personality. He's funny and a real live wire. I liked him the minute I heard that he signed with the Pats because they were about steak and not sizzle. I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3