PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the better scenario - Garropolo or a potential tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the reason why Mallett is NOT, and has NOT, been for sale!

In the past few years while re-building, replete with obvious flaws, I would agree that this team absolutely needed great Quarterbacking. However, I think it is entering a period, like the early years of the BB dynasty, that a Managerial QB can win, because the overall Team is so strong.

People have been saying that pretty much every year since 2010 or so, but I don't see it yet. This could be the year, since there are so many young guys that are primed to make the leap, but I'm not going to assume it before seeing it. There are still major questions at DE, DT, S, WR, and C/G. This team has a lot of holes, still, and they'd be a lot more apparent if Brady wasn't around.

And FWIW, even in year 1, Brady wasn't a managerial QB. He wasn't the guy that he is today, but at his worst he was still a significantly above average starter, and by the 2003-2004 SBs he was among the best in the NFL. You can occasionally win a lucky SB with a game manager QB, but you won't remain in the hunt year in and year out with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe