PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will we do if we don't sign Big Sey & Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Having 20MM to work with could get very interesting down the road a ways if we are unable to extend contracts for both Branch & Seymour. That will mean we will be able to sign some serious talent.

Anybody have any thoughts on what players are out there now that you would like to see signed?? Consider players that will be released between now and June 1 and possible realistic trades that could possibly be made leading up to or on draft day??

Imagine BB/SP on draft day, with a bunch of draft choices and 20MM to play with - WOW!! :singing:

While we are starting slow (that is the smart way to do it in my opinion), 20MM is going to be spent. It is going to be a fun few months watching it all come together. The worst (veteran cuts) is just about over and I for one am looking forward to watching this all come together.

Of course the best scenario is we sign cap friendly deals with Deion & Richard and still have a pile of cash left over to play with - I think they will! :D

This is going to be fun watching the best in the business (BB&SP) do their thing!! :rocker:

Frankly..I think is a bit too soon to start worrying..way too early too..so..I really do not care to comment on it...and get chicken littles started on something way too early.

fgssand said:
Having 20MM to work with could get very interesting down the road a ways if we are unable to extend contracts for both Branch & Seymour. That will mean we will be able to sign some serious talent.

Anybody have any thoughts on what players are out there now that you would like to see signed?? Consider players that will be released between now and June 1 and possible realistic trades that could possibly be made leading up to or on draft day??

Imagine BB/SP on draft day, with a bunch of draft choices and 20MM to play with - WOW!! :singing:

While we are starting slow (that is the smart way to do it in my opinion), 20MM is going to be spent. It is going to be a fun few months watching it all come together. The worst (veteran cuts) is just about over and I for one am looking forward to watching this all come together.

Of course the best scenario is we sign cap friendly deals with Deion & Richard and still have a pile of cash left over to play with - I think they will! :D

This is going to be fun watching the best in the business (BB&SP) do their thing!! :rocker:

Without them, especially Sey, the Pats will struggle to make the playoffs.

We will become the New England Lions.

Jacky Roberts said:
Without them, especially Sey, the Pats will struggle to make the playoffs.

If we do not sign them this year, they are on the team this year and with Franchise and Transition player tags the year after as well. So, the scenario I posed remains interesting for at least 2 years.

fgssand said:
If we do not sign them this year, they are on the team this year and with Franchise and Transition player tags the year after as well. So, the scenario I posed remains interesting for at least 2 years.

Im not sure they would franchise Seymour. Paying him the average of the top DLinemen will still be a huge number.

Jacky Roberts said:
Im not sure they would franchise Seymour. Paying him the average of the top DLinemen will still be a huge number.

Yeah, but in his case he's worth it.

Yes Seymour is worth extending at $8M a year, a worth franchising a couple of times. It is Branch that in the and isn't worth what others will pay.

RayClay said:
Yeah, but in his case he's worth it.

Sure, WE think he's worth it, but what will BB think? This "pick up five pennies to replace a nickel" approach is high risk, high reward. If they end up with any more "Donald Hayes-Monty Beisel-Chad Scott types", his reputation could go south quickly if this team falls.

Jacky Roberts said:
Sure, WE think he's worth it, but what will BB think? This "pick up five pennies to replace a nickel" approach is high risk, high reward. If they end up with any more "Donald Hayes-Monty Beisel-Chad Scott types", his reputation could go south quickly if this team falls.
talking about reputation..we klnow where yours is...WAY WAY south!!!

fgssand said:

Obviously, we will need to.

I feel like they will get the big contracts, but nobody can force them to sign here.

Signing expensive free agents hasn't proved a succesful strategy in the cap era that I'm aware of. Usually filling a spot you can't in the draft works better.

I'd say the Bucs did very well with Simeon Rice.

I'd like to avoid that scenario, though.

Pats726 said:
talking about reputation..we klnow where yours is...WAY WAY south!!!

I couldn't care less what you think, but you should concern yourself with what BB thinks. Some of you guys would be happy if BB and SP traded Seymour for Junior Seau figuring he can't do any wrong.

Jacky Roberts said:

He'll agree with me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes