Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How will the Branch situation be resolved?

• He will be traded within 24 hours to get the situation resolved

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • He will return to the team without a new deal

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • He and the Pats will agree on a new contract within the next 24 hours

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • He will sit out until game 11 and then try to play out his contract

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other - please post your thoughts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
It seems like we need one of these polls about every ten hours now, things are changing so fast. What do you think the outcome to the Branch standoff will be now?

Ahh first to vote.

I voted return to the team without a new deal. I just have this feeling that Kraft/BB are playing hardball with Branch.

I am more than likely incorrect in my vote! :)

I really hope this trade to Seattle happens. I'm sorry to see Deion go, he did a great job for us.
I see this as the best possible outcome for the Pats.
Neither side of this issue is going to budge so lets make the most of it and move on with 2 first round picks and hopefully a decent receiver.

Nikki said:
I voted return to the team without a new deal. I just have this feeling that Kraft/BB are playing hardball with Branch.

That doesn't matter as long as you have a cute avatar! ;)

PromisedLand said:
That doesn't matter as long as you have a cute avatar! ;)

LOL, I can handle that :D

I think there is a good chance he will be traded(Seattle) But it will set a bad precedent. Now even if your under contract act up enough and you get rewarded by getting out a conrtact you thought was good enough to sign,and get a better one. I'd like to see him deactivated, then franchised at the end of the year. I'd also like to see what kind of a contract deion would get after not playing for two years if he held out again.

Last edited:
Nikki said:

"I am more than likely incorrect in my vote!" - excellent point.

Here's a guarantee about the "knowledgable ESPN football media":

Patriots with Deion Branch = no chance at Super Bowl.

Seahawks with Branch = The piece of the puzzle that will make them a dynasty (if they can beat the uber-team in Indy).

I said traded within 24 hours but by the end of the weekend would be my real timeframe.

BelichickFan said:
I said traded within 24 hours but by the end of the weekend would be my real timeframe.
I could live with that. Actually I am trying to figure out whether it is important from the Pats point of view to get the situation resolved by tomorrow, which is the day they need to cut the active roster down to 53 players. It may not matter in terms of roster spots because the player (I can't even say his name anymore) is on the Reserve/Did Not Report list, but he is still taking up cap room which could be used to sign someone else.

If the Pats want to use up some of their extra cap space by converting a signing bonus to a roster bonus (or other trick) is their any advantage or disadvantage to doing it by 9/2?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back