PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was the worst pick so far in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Obviously we haven't seen any of these players play in the NFL yet and there could be some pick that looks crazy now but turns out to be a good one, as of now which pick did you think was the worst or the strangest.

The Ginn pick certainly deserves mention. Maybe the Griffin pick too because Tennessee REALLY needs WRs. Also the Eagles with Kolb in the early second round. IMO he was the worst of the "second tear" QBs and the Eagles still have McNabb.

The Ginn pick by far. I can't remember the last time a single pick actually shocked the world. And I mean that. This pick literally shocked the world. I'm actually upset FOR Dolphins fans for this one. And, like I said in another thread, I can't even stand the team. Aqua's probably hanging from six feet of rope in his basement.

ted ginn by far they give up the 9th pick to replace walker a kick returner bad pick as far as the Eagles pick i cant say any thing about that cause they all ways make good picks like the pats

Ginn is a great returner and is fast as hell, but I can name a bunch of WRs who are better than him and were available.

Meachem, Bowe, Rice, Jarrett, and even Steve Smith.

If Miamia really liked him that much, then why didn't they trade down a few spots. Surely he would have still been available.

Ginn is a great returner and is fast as hell, but I can name a bunch of WRs who are better than him and were available.

Meachem, Bowe, Rice, Jarrett, and even Steve Smith.

If Miamia really liked him that much, then why didn't they trade down a few spots. Surely he would have still been available.
Ginn is easy to single out, and with good reason. I guess no one will really know until a season or two has passed. It would seem as though they would have either taken Quinn, or moved down as you said. I assume they tried, but maybe they were afraid to lose him. Very odd, given the depth at WR this year.

Last edited:
Even if Ted Ginn turns out to be great, it still doesn't necessarily make this a good pick when you consider Miami could have traded down 10 slots, picked up another early round pick, and still gotten this kid.

Ted Ginn was an awful pick. Dont get me wrong he is a good, talented player but a huge reach. Totally terrible pick by the Fins. Very funny.

Ginn... horrible. Griffin gets a pass right now because it may have been chosen for San Diego in exchange for Turner.

If you have to judge now, Ted Ginn , and the fish better hope John Beck better be the next Dan Marino..

The Eagles are a little baffeling as well

Also the Eagles with Kolb in the early second round. IMO he was the worst of the "second tear" QBs and the Eagles still have McNabb.

The Kolb pick was terrible. I loved the look on the Eagles fans faces when they anounced the pick.

Agree.Ted Ginn at #9 when Quinn is available to a team that had had QB problems for many years.....can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back