PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was the fight between God and Satan about?

Greatest I am

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What was the fight between God and Satan about?

Let us remember that no one was there to record anything and we have to somehow explain why God put Satan in Eden. Everything said is thus speculation only, --- be it from me or from you.

I think the disagreement between God and Satan was because Satan did not want to meet up with God in Eden where he was told to insure that A & E sin, --- so that God could murder Jesus and Adam and Eve as he had planned to do even before the first sin.

God wanted to self-aggrandise himself and Satan thought that that was going too far, and saw his placement in Eden by God as a horrible sin on God's part.

Satan did not want to be seen helping God do such a vile thing to A & E or have the world think of him as evil as God, --- via his collusion with God in murder.

Satan had his pride and morals to think of and did not want God to murder Jesus and Adam and Eve just for God’s own overinflated pride.

Rev 13; 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Note that God had decided to have Jesus murdered before the foundation of the earth and even the potential for sin.

Quite insane and immoral that, --- if any of my speculation is true.

Do you have a better speculation?

Is Satan showing a better morals position than God, --- in not wanting to tempt A & E, --- and set up Jesus to be sacrificed?

There is a hymn called Exsultet that calls Adam’s sin necessary to God’s plan and a happy fault that it happened.

Was Adam’s sin a necessary and a happy fault as the Exsultet hymn says?

Regards
DL

Your version is very entertaining and I'm not being sarcastic. I like out of the box versions.

I think most Christians would cite the serpent being Satan in the bible and thus his temptation caused Adam and Eve to be thrown out of paradise so he did steal his way into Eden.

Between the Catholic upbringing and reading paradise lost I've never considered another version in my mind probably because I find paradise lost so entertaining with endless great quotes.

A dungeon horrible, on all sides round,
As one great furnace flamed; yet from those flames
No light; but rather darkness visible
Served only to discover sights of woe,
Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes
That comes to all, but torture without end
Still urges, and a fiery deluge, fed
With ever-burning sulphur unconsumed.
Such place Eternal Justice has prepared
For those rebellious; here their prison ordained
In utter darkness, and their portion set,
As far removed from God and light of Heaven
As from the centre thrice to th' utmost pole.

Your version is very entertaining and I'm not being sarcastic. I like out of the box versions.

I think most Christians would cite the serpent being Satan in the bible and thus his temptation caused Adam and Eve to be thrown out of paradise so he did steal his way into Eden.

Between the Catholic upbringing and reading paradise lost I've never considered another version in my mind probably because I find paradise lost so entertaining with endless great quotes.

A dungeon horrible, on all sides round,
As one great furnace flamed; yet from those flames
No light; but rather darkness visible
Served only to discover sights of woe,
Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes
That comes to all, but torture without end
Still urges, and a fiery deluge, fed
With ever-burning sulphur unconsumed.
Such place Eternal Justice has prepared
For those rebellious; here their prison ordained
In utter darkness, and their portion set,
As far removed from God and light of Heaven
As from the centre thrice to th' utmost pole.

Good reply.

Satan could sneak where the Omni-present God is not present. Impossible. Right?

If as you say, this shows complicity with God and re-enforces my interpretation of God setting up A & E to fail.

Regards
DL

Good reply.

Satan could sneak where the Omni-present God is not present. Impossible. Right?

If as you say, this shows complicity with God and re-enforces my interpretation of God setting up A & E to fail.

Regards
DL

Solid point. In the bible god doesn't know they've eaten the fruit until after they pronounce they're hiding because they're naked. In an omnipresent god this is a paradox.

Solid point. In the bible god doesn't know they've eaten the fruit until after they pronounce they're hiding because they're naked. In an omnipresent god this is a paradox.

Thanks.

Let us allow some artistic liberty and ignore the paradox and say that things are as you said, why would God be angry against man for becoming as God, something we are all urged to do?

Why was God upset that A & E opened their eyes, a good thing, and tried to emulate God as scriptures tell us to do?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Did A & E follow scriptures too closely?

Regards
DL

The obvious answers are jealousy and control. Honestly for me these tales are exactly that. Just stories. There's too many holes the way it's told.

Sounds like a series on HBO or Showtime.

The obvious answers are jealousy and control. Honestly for me these tales are exactly that. Just stories. There's too many holes the way it's told.

No argument as I agree.

We have given human characteristics to those who are not human.

Regards
DL

I think Satan owed God $50 and was ducking his phone calls.

What was the fight between God and Satan about?..... :confused2:...... Chicks :D

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back