PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was BB's intent on totally removing Brady from the injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust that you won't complain if we are penalized another draft choice for continuing to thumb our noses oat NFL rules.

Good point. It's not worth the risk. Better to let Las Vegas and the Mob dictate NFL policy.

Heck - they might actualy do a better job than Goodell!

Last edited:
I think it's his first time off of it in about 50 or 60 games, but he's played about 130.

I think deep inside, Bill chuckles to himself as he fills out the injure report every week. Hmm, how can I screw with the media and the gamblers every week?

Just BB playing his normal games. But also I think to some extent it was to qwell the broken foot rumors.

Kraft is very influential, probably more than any owner. The team should work within the rules, and work to change them.

Good point. It's not worth the risk. Better to let Las Vegas and the Mob dictate NFL policy.

Heck - they might actualy do a better job than Goodell!

Kraft is very influential, probably more than any owner. The team should work within the rules, and work to change them.

It mystifies me why Kraft doesn't get his son or Pioli on the NFL competition committee. Instead, that group of clowns has carte blanche to re-write the rules to suit thier goals, unhindered by any NEP participation.

Originally Posted by PATRIOT64 said:
I read that Brady was not seen on the injury report for the first time in over 5 years !!
Where did you read that? Brady wasn't on the injury report for superbowl 39 in 2005.

I trust that you won't complain if we are penalized another draft choice for continuing to thumb our noses oat NFL rules.
How has he broken a rule? Brady practiced fully and BB is confident he will play on Sunday. If rules were tweaked, it was when brady was ON hte list, not off.

remember the purpose of the list: to prevent gamblers from getting inside info on who will play and who won't.

Yeah, I'd complain mightily if we were penalized a draft pick for not putting Brady on the injury report for a week he is playing.

BB's intent?

To mess with our heads.

Next question.

I didn't say that Belichick broke the rules. I said that he shouldn't risk breaking the rules.

How has he broken a rule? Brady practiced fully and BB is confident he will play on Sunday. If rules were tweaked, it was when brady was ON hte list, not off.

remember the purpose of the list: to prevent gamblers from getting inside info on who will play and who won't.

Yeah, I'd complain mightily if we were penalized a draft pick for not putting Brady on the injury report for a week he is playing.

BB's intent?

To mess with our heads.

Next question.

I wish he would stop that.

I sometimes feel if Belichick could get away with it he would play Sunday's at 1:00 behind closed doors where no one could ever see anything.

Here's a news bulletin, maybe he was removed from the report because he's no longer injured. Any differing opinions can be filed under M. Felger. He can help you understand the conspiracy he's sure has been perpetrated by Belichick over the past several years.

And I'm sure there are some on this board thinking they have supporting evidence . . . .

As a matter of fact, I've seen proof of these people in the personals reading: Wanted: A Life

So, for those reading this post and getting ready to type a response, think seriously about what you are doing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . as any response purporting an exotic agenda about Brady and the manipulation of the Injury Report places you firmly in the Felger category.

And really, at the end of the day, who the **** cares????

Here's a news bulletin, maybe he was removed from the report because he's no longer injured. Any differing opinions can be filed under M. Felger. He can help you understand the conspiracy he's sure has been perpetrated by Belichick over the past several years.

And I'm sure there are some on this board thinking they have supporting evidence . . . .

As a matter of fact, I've seen proof of these people in the personals reading: Wanted: A Life

So, for those reading this post and getting ready to type a response, think seriously about what you are doing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . as any response purporting an exotic agenda about Brady and the manipulation of the Injury Report places you firmly in the Felger category.

And really, at the end of the day, who the **** cares????

Wow, not funny at all.....sorry had to say it.

hmm...bb tries to be honest for the first time ??:singing:

I agree that's a big part of why Brady has always been on it the last 5 years. I don't, however, see any reason he would take him off now that he has actual injury concerns. It's pointless to let people believe Brady will be 100% and then have him not be, it makes much more sense the other way around. That said, I fully expect him to be on the official injury report when it comes out, even if it's just "with a shoulder"

My speculation is that someone from the league called to tell BB to cut the crap on Tom's lingering shoulder injury. BB said that as he understood the rule it was and game a very inclusive definition of what injury is. The league have him a new definition that would make it so Tom's shoulder to minor to belonged on the report. BB is now taking that definition to the extreem, which means not only is the shoulder not injured but the foot isn't either.

I didn't say that Belichick broke the rules. I said that he shouldn't risk breaking the rules.

Belichick - and pretty much every coach in the league, do their best to go right up to the brink of the rules to give themselves any competitive edge they can... sometimes they bend the rules, and yes sometimes they do break them

The list of coaches who have broken rules is a pretty long one

You're asking Belichick to completely change his nature if you don't want him to risk breaking any rules.

Should the team play a yard back from the line of scrimmage to avoid the risk of being offsides?

Of course not - and Belichick will continue to push right up to the edge of the rules as he sees them

Maybe Goodell or his minions sent out another offseason memo, this one about not putting players on the injury report who shouldn't be there?

They don't publicize these things, but I find it hilarious now that Tom has sort sort of minor issue that he won't put him on the list. Sounds like he's taking a dig at Goodell. Fine with me, as long as it really doesn't go anywhere. It certainly would do no good to antagonize the league office.

I'm guessing though that even they (Goodell & his cronies) find it a little funny and not a big deal.

Last edited:
On CNBC yesterday, Tom actually looked genuinely surprised he was off the injury list.

Maybe he met with Benny Hinn this week. :D

Wow, not funny at all.....sorry had to say it.
You're right. My post was not intended to be funny. It may have come off as being somewhat disrespectful; yet, I'm sure I'm not alone in my reluctance to diagnose Belichick's intentions when it comes to assembling the Injury Report. He doesn't want anyone to know. Therefore, there's only a very few who know the truth and rationale for the Injury Report's contents, and they're not about to reveal anything. So, to speculate about what's going on is an interesting exercise. Almost like the epitome of an exercise in futility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back