PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the Hell does 2+2=4 Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I swear im not being funny or a smartass when i ask this..

i just have no clue what you guys are talking about and was wondering if someone could explain it briefly.

Yeah that's the thread that was confusing me. It seems obvious that you are referring to our 4 starting Linebackers???? if not, help me out here.

I guess i just can't figure out what the hell you guys are talking about.

c-a-t spells cat

k-e-g spells keg

k-e-e-g spells.........?

Keegs said:
Yeah that's the thread that was confusing me. It seems obvious that you are referring to our 4 starting Linebackers???? if not, help me out here.

I guess i just can't figure out what the hell you guys are talking about.
Read the thread, it's really not that hard. All I'm saying is that we lost McGinest and made no attempt, that we know of anyway, to legitimitely replace him. Which can mean only one thing - the coaching staff is comfortable with someone, presumably Beisel, as the 4th starting LB when we have 4 on the field. Last year they needed to replace Bruschi and signed to veteran FA - this year, nothing.

Flying Fungi said:
c-a-t spells cat

k-e-g spells keg

k-e-e-g spells.........?
very helpful.

Flying Fungi said:
c-a-t spells cat

k-e-g spells keg

k-e-e-g spells.........?
I'd love to join in here but . . . MUST . . . BE . . . NICE . . . :)

wouldn't

3+1 = 4

make more sense?

just an idea.

Keegs said:
wouldn't

3+1 = 4

make more sense?

just an idea.

Not really. It's just an example of the simple logic being used. Everyone knows 2+2=4.

With that in mind...

-The Patriots lost Willie McGinest.

-The Patriots haven't replaced Willie McGinest externally

-Therefore, the Patriots feel they have/will replace McGinest internally.

I'm with Keegs. If anything, it should be 5 -1 = 4. I dont see where we added to LB's to equal four. I can see that we're trying to be catchy, and not that I have anything better to offer in this regard, but.....

I think the math thing is more applicable to the offense .

2 skill players ( Dillon and Branch)

we add 2 more ( Maroney and Jax)

equaling 4 ??? sorry, I'm trying. guess I'll move on :).

D-cleater said:
I'm with Keegs. If anything, it should be 5 -1 = 4. I dont see where we added to LB's to equal four. I can see that we're trying to be catchy, and not that I have anything better to offer in this regard, but.....

I think the math thing is more applicable to the offense .

2 skill players ( Dillon and Branch)

we add 2 more ( Maroney and Jax)

equaling 4 ??? sorry, I'm trying. guess I'll move on :).

Take the actual players out of the equation. It's not 2 players + 2 players = 4 players.

It's just the simple, one conclusion logic involved. The thread could have been titled 1+1=2 or 10+10=20.

pats1 said:
Take the actual players out of the equation. It's not 2 players + 2 players = 4 players.

It's just the simple, one conclusion logic involved. The thread could have been titled 1+1=2 or 10+10=20.

if the numbers aren't referring to players then what does it mean exactly??? Still not getting this. Kinda makes sense if they are players.

Keegs said:
if the numbers aren't referring to players then what does it mean exactly??? Still not getting this. Kinda makes sense if they are players.
Wow, it's hard to believe you're serious. It's just a common phrase people use for a logical progression that seems obvious.

BelichickFan said:
Wow, it's hard to believe you're serious. It's just a common phrase people use for a logical progression that seems obvious.

that dawned on me. But the original thread + others peoples comments about numbers being linebackers = compete confusion on my part

Thanks for clearing it up, and now i do understand.

I have been at work for 8 hours now, and 2+2=4 now tells me that it's time to drive home. That would be the next logical step.

seriously, thanks tho im just messin.

2 + 2 MUST EQUAL 4.

The Patriots losing McGinest + Not replacing him externally MUST MEAN they intended to replace him internally.

This is the most pointles thread I've ever seen. Weeeird...

It obviously means that the Pats believe in addition by subtraction, unless what you are subtracting is a positive which means that it is subtraction by subtraction, although adding a negative is subtraction by addition, but you could also interpret "2 + 2 = 4" as "to + too = fore" which obviously means that TO go for TOO many linebackers will surely bring the Pats back to the FOREfront of the NFL standings come Super Bowl 2 + 2 + 4 + 33 which is how old I'll be in a week as well as Larry Bird's number.

Are you sure 2+2 doesn't equal pi~?

2+2=4 means: "It is what it is".
I know...I hate that phrase, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft