PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the Hell does 2+2=4 Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more people didn't understand this and i am the only one who said something. The reason i think this is because i've read some of the 2+4=4 responses in the original thread and some of the 2+2=5 posts and the people are using the numbers to symbolize players.

I still think it should be 3+1=4. Makes more sense and you still get that "logical feeling" to it becuase 3 and 1 really do equal four.

Keegs said:
I think more people didn't understand this and i am the only one who said something.
I think you're giving yourself way to much credit, buddy. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what 2+2=4 means.

Patjew said:
It obviously means that the Pats believe in addition by subtraction, unless what you are subtracting is a positive which means that it is subtraction by subtraction, although adding a negative is subtraction by addition, but you could also interpret "2 + 2 = 4" as "to + too = fore" which obviously means that TO go for TOO many linebackers will surely bring the Pats back to the FOREfront of the NFL standings come Super Bowl 2 + 2 + 4 + 33 which is how old I'll be in a week as well as Larry Bird's number.

This is an excellent point. It suggests a strategy which I here offer to Patriots management free of charge: prior to releasing a player, change his jersey number to a negative to ensure a net gain on the transaction.

BelichickFan said:
I think you're giving yourself way to much credit, buddy. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what 2+2=4 means.
Yes i probably am. However, i do remember reading at least 5 or so posts from different people relating the 2+2=4 to players (Willie McGinnest).

So i am not the only moron, sorry to dissapoint you.

Keegs said:
So i am not the only moron, sorry to dissapoint you.
I didn't say you're a moron, just that you have no common sense :D

BelichickFan said:
Read the thread, it's really not that hard. All I'm saying is that we lost McGinest and made no attempt, that we know of anyway, to legitimitely replace him. Which can mean only one thing - the coaching staff is comfortable with someone, presumably Beisel, as the 4th starting LB when we have 4 on the field. Last year they needed to replace Bruschi and signed to veteran FA - this year, nothing.

The absense of evidence is not evidence of absense.

0764539361.jpg
1568842481.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn't the title be 2 B or not 2 B? As in who is 2 B the replacement?

It's funny this thread is even still up here. I think everyone is just mad that we drafted Mahoney instead of a Linebacker.

Keegs said:
It's funny this thread is even still up here. I think everyone is just mad that we drafted Mahoney instead of a Linebacker.

I was mad. But now I am over it.

All I am saying is, just because they did not go out and get anyone, yet, does not mean they are happy with who they have now. It just means as of right now the values was not right to make the move. Either the price was to high, or the player not available, or wanted to go somewhere else, or another player with more value was available. (I disagree thinking that Lawson was excellent value in the 21 slot.)

I would be very surprised if they wouldn't love to upgrade at Linebacker, but up too and including now, the right value move has not been available. They have not upgraded, not because they are happy with who they have, but because no one they like better has been available at the right price.

im not very good at math i dont understand that phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes