PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the DUMBEST thing you have heard in this NFL offseason so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help here but Mel Kiper Jr on Sportscenter said that some dude drafted in the 4th round out of some school in Florida is going to be rookie of the year and outrush all RBs taken ahead of him..

Best of luck to whoever this proposed stud is but to say he is going to win rookie of the year is a bit of a stretch....

Colts fans(actually applies to pretty much every single teams) speculating that Randy Moss may sign with their team(s) because Patriots were taking too long to re-sign him. Culpeper episode was pretty funny, if not just sad.

ESPN actually insisting that the AFC South is the best division in the league.

The dumbest one that I heard was the story that Randy Moss was headed to Dallas to join T.O. That was foolish !

The dumbest one that I heard was the story that Randy Moss was headed to Dallas to join T.O. That was foolish !

Well that one actually does make sense. I heard that, to promote more offense, the competition committee is considering a rule saying that every game is now played with TWO balls at once. That's why the Pats drafted another QB ;)

That the Jacksonville Jaguars are going to the SB.

ESPN actually insisting that the AFC South is the best division in the league.

That's actually not dumb at all. Last year, they and the NFC East were the two best (most competitive) divisions in the league unless you have evidence that supports the contrary.

That's actually not dumb at all. Last year, they and the NFC East were the two best (most competitive) divisions in the league unless you have evidence that supports the contrary.

Though I'll never consider the Titans a "real" playoff team, technically the division did have both wildcards last year, so I'm inclined to agree.

I think we'll see it become a two horse (no pun intended) race this year between the Colts and Jags, but the Titans and Texans won't be pushovers.

With the 94th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select Kevin O'Connell, Quarterback from San Diego State.

Brett Favre continually stepping up to the mic. for a soundbite. Would he just fade into bolivia already.....

Exactly! When was last time you heard about Bolivia in the news?!?

#1: Seau is old, slow and done.
#2: Rodney is old, slow and can't cover.

The Patriots could get two #1 picks for Matt Cassel. Oh, not here.:)

Do you mean by non-fans? The Bengals turning down 2 number ones for a WR who wants to shoot his way out.

Last edited:

Rodney has always been suspect in coverage, but I wouldn't call him old and slow just yet. He might have something to say about that.

Any of the crap about Moss not re-signing.

I've never seen "subtle" get butchered that bad in my life. No offense though. Were you meaning to do that?

I doesn't want to kontradict you, but I weren't meening to buchter the word that, as you put it, bad. I don't take no offensive since I aren't smart enouff to be that subbital--there I go again! see, I really am dummer than a dorenale. (On the other hand, I do know that "bad" is an adjective, not an adverb, and that you really meant to write "that badly.")

I doesn't want to kontradict you, but I weren't meening to buchter the word that, as you put it, bad. I don't take no offensive since I aren't smart enouff to be that subbital--there I go again! see, I really am dummer than a dorenale. (On the other hand, I do know that "bad" is an adjective, not an adverb, and that you really meant to write "that badly.")
You write goodly.

Edit: Wait. Is it good or well. Perhaps I should say you write wellly.

Last edited:

Seau is old and breaks down a lot (look at all his injuries over the last 6 or 8 years), but he's still a very effective LB when he plays. Or I should say when he plays within the system and stays with his assignments (he had a very bad habit of NOT doing that in San Diego, and he was HORRIBLE when blitzing, tiptoeing on the line of scrimmage and getting caught off balance trying to get back onside before the snap). Under Belichick he finally got SOME discipline, and was a much better linebacker for you than he was in his last 5 years with the Chargers.

Rodney Harrison is older, slower than he used to be - but I wouldn't want to be a receiver going over the middle trying to catch a high pass with Rodney anywhere nearby. Letting Rodney go was a HUGE mistake that the Chargers made - and props to the Patriots organization, they recognized that mistake and capitalized on it.

It's taken the Bolts 3 or 4 years to really fill his shoes. He's still one hell of a safety.

I wouldn't let the guy go for at least another year or two.

My vote goes to anything Gregg Easterbrook writes, but more specifically from his NFL Draft recap column. As a rule I don't click on any of his articles anymore, but Bill Simmons last chat rehashed a paragraph from Easterbrook's article that was something along the lines of:

"Smart move by the New England Patriots trading their 3rd rounder for a 2 next year, especially knowing that sanctions from SpyGate II are looming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes