PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What If Bill Belichick Was A Free Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bidding would be astronomical and BB could write his own ticket (I think $10 million per year opens the bidding). The problem for Bill is that the guys for whom money is no object and who would let their ego override any semblance of common sense are the very same guys he would not consider working for under any circumstances (e.g., Jerruh, Dan Synder to name two).
Truth.

Curious where the $7.5m number is coming from since I'm pretty sure we are all kept in the dark about BB's contract.
I took it from Forbes. I agree- its not publicly disclosed.

Interesting topic. Here's a thought--taking his age into account, is he the most valuable individual in the NFL? Meaning, if all players, owners, GMs, etc. are available, do you draft him first?

Feels like a slam dunk yes to me...

No question.

If I had a good roster w/ a decent QB, I slide a empty check in BBs direction and ask him what is fair.

I do believe that he -personally adds $700m to the value of the NEP. When he leaves, it'll still climb but a lot closer to the league average.

The conversation would be....What Ever You Want Bill.........$20 mill per season....easily.
Billionaires people....Billionaires
In an industry making massive profits
Owners who not only measure their worth in $$$....but in prestige....and trophies = prestige. Why is Bob Kraft the only owner in NE that has "Mr." attached to his name.
Jerry Jones would be doing the Texas Two Step on top of the bar at the next owners meeting if he owned himself some BB.
Imagine if BB acted like Parcells...always grasping for more...more $$...more power.....even ownership. BB would be on his 4th team in 15 years and likely owning 10% of a franchise .....if not even a bigger chunk.
Billionaires!
Thats the thing. I think BB LOVES it here. Its close to Nantucket. Hes a god. His team is loaded. His kids are close by....

Only Bob and Goodell can force BB out.

Thats the thing. I think BB LOVES it here. Its close to Nantucket. Hes a god. His team is loaded. His kids are close by....

Only Bob and Goodell can force BB out.

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

But what a way for him to get some revenge on his way out. When he's ready to retire:
1. Ask for his release from his Patriots contract. Kraft agrees.
2. His agent puts out an RFP for a five year contract. Sealed bids. One month to respond.
3. Four weeks of escalating frenzy, with all kinds of leaks and speculation about who is bidding what.
4. At the end of the four weeks, he announces that he's changed his mind, and is retiring after all.
5. The bids are "leaked", making transparent all the backdoor dealing by teams that already have coaches and GM's. Every owner who is a scumbag and bids while still having personnel in place is shown to be who they are...which will be a lot of them.
6. The leak is done through ESPN, forever harming its relationship with every NFL team that is connected to the bidding.

Anyway, that's what my devious, evil mind can come up with a few minutes to work with.

Interesting topic. Here's a thought--taking his age into account, is he the most valuable individual in the NFL? Meaning, if all players, owners, GMs, etc. are available, do you draft him first?

Feels like a slam dunk yes to me...

Except for one major factor: his salary does NOT count against the cap.

In a league where Jay Cutler gets $18M a year, BB is worth well more than that to an organization, especially considering his money doesn't cut into the amount you can spend on others.

I don't think any owner would be willing to pay him what he's truly worth because owners are notoriously cheap, but I wouldn't blink at giving him $25M+ a year.

But what a way for him to get some revenge on his way out. When he's ready to retire:
2. His agent puts out an RFP for a five year contract. Sealed bids. One month to respond.
3. Four weeks of escalating frenzy, with all kinds of leaks and speculation about who is bidding what.
4. At the end of the four weeks, he announces that he's changed his mind, and is retiring after all.
5. The bids are "leaked", making transparent all the backdoor dealing by teams that already have coaches and GM's. Every owner who is a scumbag and bids while still having personnel in place is shown to be who they are...which will be a lot of them.
6. The leak is done through ESPN, forever harming its relationship with every NFL team that is connected to the bidding.

Anyway, that's what my devious, evil mind can come up with a few minutes to work with.
I love it!

Remind me never to cross you...

I wonder who would go after him the hardest?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I don't know the exact particulars of the Kraft's group ownership of the Patriots (complete 100%?), however, I'd wish that a tiny piece of the pie could be afforded BB. Keeping his name as a part of the Patriots organization for many years to come is fitting to the utmost. For every hater out there, for every media mutt face, for every year Roger or his infestation of underling lice is around, and for everyone who believes in the sport of football, BB should be synonymous with Patriots.

Side note: Just as with Brady I pray the game doesn't need to pass him by before he retires. Make no mistake, just like with brady, health, desire, and/or the game will pass him by one day. Fortunately I think he's got years of desire to coach left in him, no word on any health issues (most fortunately), and he still passes the game by (not the other way around). And as long as all those things are there I don't ever want to even hear a joke of BB working for another team (so many teams would KILL to get BB as their football operation god).
Does anyone know what's the age of BB's oldest son, is he fully football involved, and if he has ever spoken at a presser was he terse and monotone? Just thinkin of the future....:)

I still think he's eyeing a second career. He's got some cred:

I don't think at this point he is that motivated by the money - he like Brady is most obsessed with his legacy. After his experience with the Browns/Ravens, he would probably only consider working a for a select few franchises - Giants, Steelers, Packers come to mind. Giants would probably be his top choice considering his history and the affinity he has expressed on multiple occasions for that franchise.

I talked to an anonymous source who insists he's not going anywhere......
11a1116.jpg

.....another source close to Bill seconded my first sources insight....
14-12-ne-belichick-mustache.png

I honestly think 4 teams would not be interested. Obviously they would be fools.. But i would say every team except for seattle, arizona, panthers, and denver. Elway would not fire his boy for bb. Mostly cause he is an idiot. Heres a question for you all. Do you think jerry would put his massive ego aside for bb?

I love it

If I was BB's agent, the first thing I'd point to is Goodell's 40+ million salary and say, let's start from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore