PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What free agents do you think the Patriots will sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrghk -head spins- call an ambulance pdangle is having a seizure, no wait its just a vision...

Edelman - outbid by bottom rung team. 5 yrs 50$. 12m guaranteed.
Blount - goes to playoff team. 3yrs 16. 8 guaranteed. No chance to see year 3.
Hoomanawanui - plays in CFL, 3rd runner up to MOP. That's MVP to you eh. --priest pukes on pdangle, for that.
Svitek signs for vet min goes to camp. Cut late when pressured from breakout rookie, FA or 2yr PS player.
Talib Adios. Pats loose him. Offer more cash, but he goes to some mid tier team with playoff aspirations bc/contract language is without injury safeguards or PT levels. NE PR spins it quickly. Reminds everyone they offered that ingrate a larger cash amount. Omitting facts on injury details. Not on purpose per se, just that most fans wouldn't understand, or change their mind anyway.
Fletcher NE outbids 2 teams with serious interest. Talkings heads claim we over payed. BB laughs all the way to the AFCE championship takes under known, 3 down player (just not 1st down) to dinner

Arrrghk -head spins- call an ambulance pdangle is having a seizure, no wait its just a vision...

Edelman - outbid by bottom rung team. 5 yrs 50$. 12m guaranteed.
Blount - goes to playoff team. 3yrs 16. 8 guaranteed. No chance to see year 3.
Hoomanawanui - plays in CFL, 3rd runner up to MOP. That's MVP to you eh. --priest pukes on pdangle, for that.
Svitek signs for vet min goes to camp. Cut late when pressured from breakout rookie, FA or 2yr PS player.
Talib Adios. Pats loose him. Offer more cash, but he goes to some mid tier team with playoff aspirations bc/contract language is without injury safeguards or PT levels. NE PR spins it quickly. Reminds everyone they offered that ingrate a larger cash amount. Omitting facts on injury details. Not on purpose per se, just that most fans wouldn't understand, or change their mind anyway.
Fletcher NE outbids 2 teams with serious interest. Talkings heads claim we over payed. BB laughs all the way to the AFCE championship takes under known, 3 down player (just not 1st down) to dinner

You are predicting that Julian Edelman gets a 5/50 contract, and that LaGarette Blount will be making over 5.33 million a year on a 3/16 deal?

There's something in the water this time of year :D

I think this is going to be a tough offseason to gauge. It looks like teams are ready to go back to the stupid, overspend for free agents that aren't nearly as good as their new contract dictate. If that is the case, I don't know if we will see a lot of bigger names. And when I say bigger names, I mean higher mid-tier free agents because the Pats aren't going to go crazy to pay top tier talent from this free agency elite money.

The Pats won't be active the first few days when the teams flushed with cash and spend stupidly will throw money at the biggest names. It will all depend on what happens with the next wave of free agency that will dictate who they go after. If the market becomes more realistic, we might see a name or two signed by the Pats.

I'm hoping Talib (contract with incentives), Deitrich-Smith, Jared Allen, Edelman, and Nicks on a one year deal. But hope in one hand, **** in the other and see which gets filled first. I just really don't want to see Ryan and Dennard as our starting corners.

I forgot my shot in the dark, probably won't happen because I predicted picks of free agents the Pats will sign (not who I want):

Randy Starks or Kevin Williams (possibly both if Williams comes cheap)
Shaun Phillips
Mike Mitchell or Donte Whitner
Scott Chandler (has given the Pats fits that Belichick may really like him)
Dexter McCluster (Belichick loves guys who can do a lot of things even if he isn't great at any of them. McCluster has lined up as a RB at times and can return kicks) or Jacoby Jones (can stretch the field and a is a good returner)
Tarell Brown (going under the radar for CBs)

I think they re-sign Edelman and let Talib walk.

Mike Mitchell would be nice. A little posthumous exoneration for Al Davis on that pick.

Mike Mitchell would be nice. A little posthumous exoneration for Al Davis on that pick.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Jared Allen
Andre Roberts
Andrew Quarless
Brandon Pettigrew

No my favorites but not bad for sure Cousin.

Trades?

I am thinking about a Alex Mack deal like Welker. Our second rounder to the Browns on a sign and trade?

I like a fourth rounder and a player, to the Jags for Justin Blackmon with a conditional third or fourth in 2015 if he plays (similar to Revis) in 2014.

Two injured players that might be reasonable?

I like Sidney Rice as a very decent piece to our puzzle and only 27. Can be elite.

I like Stevie Brown SS for the Giants at 221 lbs and a playmaker.

Talib fall back that might benefit us:

If we lose Talib, I say sign Browner and Bryrd. If Talib wants $9mm-$10mm we can get Browner and Byrd for that money. Are we a better Team? Two for the price of one? (Browner will have a 4 game vacation but is reinstated)

DW Toys

No my favorites but not bad for sure Cousin.

Trades?

I am thinking about a Alex Mack deal like Welker. Our second rounder to the Browns on a sign and trade?

I like a fourth rounder and a player, to the Jags for Justin Blackmon with a conditional third or fourth in 2015 if he plays (similar to Revis) in 2014.

Two injured players that might be reasonable?

I like Sidney Rice as a very decent piece to our puzzle and only 27. Can be elite.

I like Stevie Brown SS for the Giants at 221 lbs and a playmaker.

Talib fall back that might benefit us:

If we lose Talib, I say sign Browner and Bryrd. If Talib wants $9mm-$10mm we can get Browner and Byrd for that money. Are we a better Team? Two for the price of one? (Browner will have a 4 game vacation but is reinstated)

DW Toys

Byrd has openly said he wants $9/year (and Miami will probably pay him that).

You're not get Byrd+ someone for Talib money.

I'm hoping Talib (contract with incentives), Deitrich-Smith, Jared Allen, Edelman, and Nicks on a one year deal. But hope in one hand, **** in the other and see which gets filled first. I just really don't want to see Ryan and Dennard as our starting corners.

I say this is a great post.
DW Toys

Byrd has openly said he wants $9/year (and Miami will probably pay him that).

You're not get Byrd+ someone for Talib money.

Wait Cousin. Talib has said he wants more than the $8.5mm that has been speculated ($9mm-$10mm) I say Byrd for $9mm and Browner on a one year prove it for $1.5mm-$2mm isn't that far off.
DW Toys

Wait Cousin. Talib has said he wants more than the $8.5mm that has been speculated ($9mm-$10mm) I say Byrd for $9mm and Browner on a one year prove it for $1.5mm-$2mm isn't that far off.
DW Toys

I would love this. The fact that I agree with a DW Toys post makes me wonder if I should look out the window for a flying pig or see if there are any reports on CNN.com that Hell has been hit with a blizzard. :eek:

EDIT: I would love it more if it were Ward and Browner though. WR's would need to keep their heads on a swivel. We would see a lot more incomplete passes due to WR's suddenly growing alligator arms.

Browner would be a great fit for us I think. What about Antonio Cromartie? He would be cheaper than Talib I would think

Aqib Talib-4-years/$32,000,000
Julian Edelman-4-years/$22,000,000
Arthur Jones-4-years/$16,000,000
TJ Ward-3-years/$15,650,000
Brandon LaFell-3-years/$6,450,000
Scott Chandler-3-years/$5,750,000
Wesley Woodyard-3-years/$4,600,000
Corey Wootton-3-years/$4,575,000
Willie Young-3-years/$3,850,000
LeGarrette Blount-1-year/$1,360,000
Ryan Wendell-1-year/$1,249,000
Jason Fox-1-year/$950,000
Kenny Britt-1-year/$730,000
Austin Collie -1-year/$730,000
Eben Britton-1-year/$730,000
Vaughn Martin-1-year/$730,000
Dane Fletcher-1-year/$730,000

Aqib Talib-4-years/$32,000,000
Julian Edelman-4-years/$22,000,000
Arthur Jones-4-years/$16,000,000
TJ Ward-3-years/$15,650,000
Brandon LaFell-3-years/$6,450,000
Scott Chandler-3-years/$5,750,000
Wesley Woodyard-3-years/$4,600,000
Corey Wootton-3-years/$4,575,000
Willie Young-3-years/$3,850,000
LeGarrette Blount-1-year/$1,360,000
Ryan Wendell-1-year/$1,249,000
Jason Fox-1-year/$950,000
Kenny Britt-1-year/$730,000
Austin Collie -1-year/$730,000
Eben Britton-1-year/$730,000
Vaughn Martin-1-year/$730,000
Dane Fletcher-1-year/$730,000

These prices are so laughable, no offense.

If you can talk those guys into those prices, I'll take all of them.

It sounds stupid but I really wish brady would take a major pay cut to get more players. I mean it wouldn't hurt him financially if he had a 2-3 million salary considering what his wife makes and how much he gets in endorsements. Think of all the players they could get and brady can retire with 1-2 more rings.

It sounds stupid but I really wish brady would take a major pay cut to get more players. I mean it wouldn't hurt him financially if he had a 2-3 million salary considering what his wife makes and how much he gets in endorsements. Think of all the players they could get and brady can retire with 1-2 more rings.

He did that earlier in his career. Brady is fine with the money that he's making and the team can fill holes on the rest of the roster even with his cap hit.

All set with injury prone Talib. Can't we trade up and draft D. Dennard and pair him with A. Dennard and L. Ryan as our top three corners? Sign Arthur Jones so he can play with his bro, bring back Edelman and give Nicks a one year incentive laden deal.

DONE!

does this count re-signings? Because I'd be 100% fine with nothing of consequence if Edelman and Talib are retained.

I would be about 67% fine with that, I think.
By releasing Wilfork, Bill might have enough $$$ to sign a couple of higher-tier UFAs
like maybe Arthur Jones & Jared Allen...
…and finally find a vet WR who can help out, like maybe Jason Avant…
…a TE good enough to maybe start the season as the #1, like Andrew Quarless…
…Will Svitek (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) at Swing Tackle…
…and a C/G upgrade from Wendy who can spell both Connolly at Center & Cannon or
a draft pick at RG, like Ted Larsen (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore