PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What free agents do you think the Patriots will sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is assuming we restructure Vince

My FA targets would be in no particular order:

CB Talib (#1 priority)
DE Will Smith
S Malcolm Jenkins
WR Emanuel Sanders
TE Scott Chandler
RB Mcfadden (Only if Blount goes)

Most should be middle of the road FA's and not break the bank like the bigger names. All have good NFL experience. Jenkins could really help the S play with another experienced head back there with McCourty. It was only a couple of years ago people were saying he was a PB'er.

Will Smith would be a great compliment as the DE with Jones and Ninkovich.

Sanders provides a very solid option at WR2

Chandler is a good #2 TE and Gronk insurance

Mcfadden IMO would be a beats here in NE. If he got injured again we have the depth at RB to absorb that loss and he shouldn't cost too much. At his best he is a dominant RB.

Which Patriots do you think the Patriots will sign come Tuesday?

I see 3 that would be great fits for the Patriots...

OG/OC Evan Smith
WRS Andre Roberts
DE Jared Allen

If contracts continue to look like they have in the last few days (Shields, Griffin) I would say, we will be signing a ****load of UDFAs.

Antonio Cromartie.

Oh God, I hope not. I know he had a great year in 2012, but he is the biggest boom or bust player. He can shutdown Calvin Johnson one minute and then get burnt for a 50 yard TD on a quick out play to a #3 WR the next.

Oh God, I hope not. I know he had a great year in 2012, but he is the biggest boom or bust player. He can shutdown Calvin Johnson one minute and then get burnt for a 50 yard TD on a quick out play to a #3 WR the next.

Plus we would have to worry about his 9 kids bullying Benjamin.

FWIW incarerated Bob says the pats are high on arthur jones

also, bob says the bills really like julian edelman and that the pats are not among the teams going after hakeem nicks.

If you mean who we are likely to sign in the first week or so (the first wave) from another team, then I would say no one, with the possible exception of Allen.

Perhaps belichick might consider options other than paying $10M a year and UDFA's. There are other options.

If contracts continue to look like they have in the last few days (Shields, Griffin) I would say, we will be signing a ****load of UDFAs.

FWIW incarerated Bob says the pats are high on arthur jones

also, bob says the bills really like julian edelman and that the pats are not among the teams going after hakeem nicks.

Bob is high on something.

Mack, Kevin williams or Jason hatcher or randy starks, scott chandler, Dustin keller or Garett graham. Maybe edelman.

These are some players I could see peaking the Patriots interests –

- Maurice Jones-Drew, RB
- LeGarrette Blount, RB
- Julian Edelman, WR
- James Jones, WR
- Andre Roberts, WR
- Emmanuel Sanders, WR
- Brandon LaFell, WR
- Austin Collie, WR
- Kenny Britt, WR
- Garrett Graham, TE
- Scott Chandler, TE
- Michael Hoomanawanui, TE
- Jason Fox, OT
- Eben Britton, OT
- Jon Asamoah, OG
- Zane Beadles, OG
- Evan Dietrich-Smith, OC
- Ryan Wendell, OC
- Jonathan Goodwin, OC
- Jared Allen, DE
- Anthony Spencer, DE
- Willie Young, DE
- Robert Ayers, DE
- Will Smith, DE
- Arthur Jones, DT
- Vaughn Martin, DT
- Ziggy Hood, DT
- Wesley Woodyard, LB
- Pat Angerer, LB
- Dane Fletcher, LB
- Aqib Talib, DB
- Derek Cox, DB
- Brandon Browner, DB
- Cortland Finnegan, DB
- T.J. Ward, DB
- Louis Delmas, DB

Perhaps belichick might consider options other than paying $10M a year and UDFA's. There are other options.

Perhaps you should invest in a sarcasm detector...:D

Bob is high on something.

I could absolutely see them having strong interest in Arthur Jones, he is a great fit for our scheme, and he can pair with his little brother.

That would be a pretty big downgrade going from talib to that goon

Edelman, Chandler, Antonio Cromartie, OL man.

Jacoby Ford, maybe? He seems like the cheap low risk medium/high reward type of signing.

The annual vet signing: Jared Allen.

WR: Julian Edelman - if they can't get him, Manny Sanders or camp JAG competition
TE: Someone I never heard of.
RB: Blount
OL: Svitek, maybe Wendell
DB: depth JAG, maybe Browner (hey, I mentioned him weeks ago, before his reinstatement, so I have to stay with it)
LB: Fletcher
DL: If Wilfork returns, then MAYBE 1 with a ceiling of Arthur Jones.

That's my realistic expectations.

My (possible) wish list:

WR: Edelman
TE: Chandler
OL: Dietrich-Smith (draft Xavier Su'a'Filo!)
DB: Chris Clemons or Donte Whitner
LB: Wesley Woodyard + Dane Fletcher
DL: A top-tier DE...and if no Wilfork, a 3-tech guy, too.

We're all going to gnash our teeth as the big names fly off the board on Tuesday-Friday, including Talib, probably.

By the way, is there a good up-to-date FA listing around that will be regularly updated?

Jacoby Ford, maybe? He seems like the cheap low risk medium/high reward type of signing.

The annual vet signing: Jared Allen.

Allen would be great, but it ain't gonna happen. The Vikes just signed Everson Griffen and his 27 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF and no PD to 5/42.

Allen, who just earned a 14.28 mil salary, put up 52 tackles, 11.5 sacks (his 7th straight double-digit), 6 PD's and 2 FF's.

Granted, Griffen's 6 years younger, but Allen is still showing himself to be in his prime. There's NO WAY this guy gets less than 10 mil plus per year. When it comes to potentially being a Patriot, you can file that under Not Likely To Be Employed by us.

Allen may be NOT LIKELY. He may also me the most likely to get $10M from the patriots.

Allen would be great, but it ain't gonna happen. The Vikes just signed Everson Griffen and his 27 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF and no PD to 5/42.

Allen, who just earned a 14.28 mil salary, put up 52 tackles, 11.5 sacks (his 7th straight double-digit), 6 PD's and 2 FF's.

Granted, Griffen's 6 years younger, but Allen is still showing himself to be in his prime. There's NO WAY this guy gets less than 10 mil plus per year. When it comes to potentially being a Patriot, you can file that under Not Likely To Be Employed by us.

Allen may be NOT LIKELY. He may also me the most likely to get $10M from the patriots.

If they were gonna make an Adalius Thomas-type splash, this would be the guy. Me thinks that one big surprise signing will happen this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore