PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your thoughts on Todd Bowles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I've heard about him seems like somewhat of an opposite of Rex Ryan in that he is very even-keeled with his emotions. His pre-game and post-game presses were not the most inspiring displays of public speaking, but he comes off as a strong leader and he has a respectful demeanor and that is refreshing.

As I mentioned in another thread earlier in the week, I respected Bowles' decision not to pile on Belichick and the Patriots after the season opener when headset communication stories were all the rage.

Even though the media tried to manipulate him into giving them a juicy sound bite, he calmly stated that it's an issue everywhere, and that he had never experienced problems in Foxborough. Some may say that all he was doing was telling the truth, but the opportunity was there for him to throw fuel on the fire, and he acted honestly and reasonably.

As far as his coaching style, he seems to let their talking be done on the field, which is quite the opposite of the other idiot that was there previously.

After watching the game yesterday, I think Todd Bowles is going to be a great coach in the league. I have been very impressed by his overall demeanor, and I thought his gameplan was strong. Knowing the Jets, though, they will probably screw it all up with him as they typically do, with some kind of low ball contract or they'll just fire him for no reason.
Thus far, I've been reasonably impressed by Bowles and the Jets however, the sample size just isn't big enough to make a proper determination.

The guy is solid. Seems like a good guy, too. I have to admit, I do like his style. He's soft-spoken but also comes off as a leader of men. He's good with the X's and O's and has really turned the Jets around. It's strange to say the Jets are one of the best teams in the AFC after the last three circus-seasons.

He's also making Rex look really bad, IMO

Jets got themselves a keeper. Going to be interesting to see how he does over time.

He doesn't seem to be able to stop Richardson or Marshall from being knuckleheads.

But who knows if BB, especially as a rookie coach, would be any more successful at those difficult tasks? I think a lot of BB's success comes from washing out players who he can't get through to (or usually only acquiring ones in the first place he won't need to wash out).

They're better than last year. Personnel may be a big reason for that though. Jury out on Bowles IMO.

Jets are certainly better with him than Rex. They're still multiple pieces away from being contenders though.

My first impressions are positive. He is not a clown like Rex. I have even noticed more posters at Gangreen posting more intelligently and seem more respectful of the Pats than in previous years, and that is likely a reflection of their head coach.

Certainly many of the blithering haters are still there, but before the game they were concerned about Richardson running his mouth and giving the Pats message board material.

When was the last time Rats fans have been concerned that running their mouths might be a bad thing?

My first thought is still that he has a tiny head on a giant body. I want this investigated.

16824336-mmmain.jpg

My first impressions are positive. He is not a clown like Rex. I have even noticed more posters at Gangreen posting more intelligently and seem more respectful of the Pats than in previous years, and that is likely a reflection of their head coach.

Certainly many of the blithering haters are still there, but before the game they were concerned about Richardson running his mouth and giving the Pats message board material.

When was the last time Rats fans have been concerned that running their mouths might be a bad thing?

Most importantly he didn't run his mouth about the game after they lost. He said they simply lost a game, period. That's a sign he's turning the page and moving on to the next game, which is the right mentality to have.

All he needs is a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore