PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker injured vs Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone seen/read any updates on Welker? He seem to have twisted his ankle pretty good out there on that pass play. I know he was already nursing it, and am concerned for his health.

As a side note, BB should really start pulling the starters much earlier. I mean with such a huge lead, there was no need to have them out. And sure enough, Welker ends up twisting his ankle when the game was practically over at that point. :rolleyes:

The team is taking it day to day.

But its probably not life threatening.

As a side note, BB should really start pulling the starters much earlier. I mean with such a huge lead, there was no need to have them out. And sure enough, Welker ends up twisting his ankle when the game was practically over at that point. :rolleyes:

They were probably told by the NFl to keep starters in longer because it was the London game.

As per normal, he'll be listed as day to day with an ankle injury.

Definitely rolled it but no one landed on him. He told reporters post game he thought it would be fine. He was standing on the sideline for the duration as opposed to sent to the locker room or seated with trainers. Said they would probably do a precautionary MRI once he gets back and is able to. The bye will do him good.

I definitely had a Houston Week 17 2009 flashback, since he went down like a sack of potatoes after trying to make a cut there yesterday.

Good to see him still standing on the sidelines a few minutes later, however. If it was ACL?MCL, they would have gotten him into the lockerroom.

They were probably told by the NFl to keep starters in longer because it was the London game.
BB will do what's i nthe best interest of the team. I doubt the NFL told him to keep it in (and the networks switched it out of the prime game late in the 3rd quarter because people didn't care to see the end of it...outside of us Patriot fans).

Nice to have Sunday ticket when they switch the game out...even if it takes a few minutes for the signal to get set to allow you to watch....grrr.

But what do you want him to do?

Stick only Edelman and Branch out there with Fells and Vereen?

So, you're going to turn the ball over instantly to defense. And you're going to have your LBs and DBs play more because there is absolutely no depth to spell McCourty, Mayo, Wilson, Hightower and Spikes.

Essentially, you wave the white flag on offense and put the entire load on defense.

It looked to me like your garden-variety in-turned ankle sprain. If so then it's not likely a big deal and isn't a "month-er" like a high ankle sprain.

Good time for a bye, though.

So, you're going to turn the ball over instantly to defense. And you're going to have your LBs and DBs play more because there is absolutely no depth to spell McCourty, Mayo, Wilson, Hightower and Spikes.

Essentially, you wave the white flag on offense and put the entire load on defense.

At 45-7 with 8 minutes to go in the game and on a European turf?

Yes.

I would run on first and second downs in the middle of the field behind Oomanawanui and maybe put Woody in on 3rd downs. Drain the clock and get onto the plane quicker.

Any more questions?

Last edited:
I'm sure that over the course of the next 2 weeks we will get multiple stories claiming the Patriots are conspiring to keep Welker out of the line up coming out of the break in order to see if they can be as productive with Edelman in the lineup and drive down Welker's market price.

There will be photos on Deadspin showing Edelman sprinkling tacks around Welker's locker, and Felger will lead a full hour expose on CNN/NE "conclusively" proving this "might" be happening. Borges will get a cameo with one line before the cart him off in a straightjacket. "I told you so!"

.....And in a side story. Someone will post a thread with the headline "Pats are screwing Welker" It will have 398 replies over the next 3 days.

It was 45-7...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes