PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes welker forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame Hobbs for being put in that kind of ridiculous situation in the closing minutes of the most important game ever. Burress is 6'5".

Yep. That game was lost mostly because the Gints front 7 destroyed us. Brady was scraping himself off the turf all night. Those NYG bookends were crazy. Strahan and Osi in his prime? Fuhgedaboutit!

Yep. That game was lost mostly because the Gints front 7 destroyed us. Brady was scraping himself off the turf all night. Those NYG bookends were crazy. Strahan and Osi in his prime? Fuhgedaboutit!
Yup. And that's why they both have so much respect for Brady now. They talked about how they would be in games where they could tell they took the QB's heart. Strahan said Brady never lost that "eye" in the game and kept coming at them.

This thread sucks all kinds of ****, by the way. I feel like I'm going to have to go home and hit the Scotch HARD.

It seems to me to probably have been a mental error on him, since the right place to throw the ball would have been the outside shoulder, so that's where he should have expected it.

Yes, very.

If Brady had thrown it to the inside shoulder he would have been leading Welker right into a defender and risking an INT. Outside shoulder was the right place to throw that to.

Nope. Seau is to blame for that.

Yeah. Killed me to read that Rodney (I think) wanted to take the blitz call off but Seau overruled him and kept the call. Love to know what Junior was thinking there.

Yeah. Killed me to read that Rodney (I think) wanted to take the blitz call off but Seau overruled him and kept the call. Love to know what Junior was thinking there.
It was a gamble. He thought they could get to Eli before Eli could get the ball to Burress with Hobbs in man to man with no safety help. Not sure, but Cover 0 just doesn't seem like a scheme the Pats would use in the situation. We now know Seau suffered from CTE, though. I wonder how much of an impact that had on the call.

It was a gamble. He thought they could get to Eli before Eli could get the ball to Burress with Hobbs in man to man with no safety help. Not sure, but Cover 0 just doesn't seem like a scheme the Pats would use in the situation. We now know Seau suffered from CTE, though. I wonder how much of an impact that had on the call.

Not sure how he could think that. That wasn't going to be a slow-developing play. The ball was on the 3 or so. Whatever Eli was going to do he was going to do fast. There wasn't going to be some 7-step drop there. And surely Eli was told to throw it away if anyone got close to him. Only way you're getting a sack there is a coverage sack. Which implies there being coverage.

Not sure how he could think that. That wasn't going to be a slow-developing play. The ball was on the 3 or so. Whatever Eli was going to do he was going to do fast. There wasn't going to be some 7-step drop there. And surely Eli was told to throw it away if anyone got close to him. Only way you're getting a sack there is a coverage sack. Which implies there being coverage.

Agreed. That's why I'm thinking CTE had something to do with it. Cover 0 was such an odd and downright terrible scheme to call there given the down, distance, time, and overall situation.

The ball was on the 13 but it was first down. There was 39 seconds on the clock. They should have been in all out cover. Giants needed to score and were out of timeouts. Dumb call.

The real killer was allowing the conversion on 3rd and 11 with 0:45 left on the previous play. Thinking about this...how the heck did only six seconds run off the clock after a completed pass? That's the same amount of time that elapsed after an incomplete pass on 2nd down...:mad:

So...in response to what the thread is about: :)

In addition to what WW did on the field, I greatly admired him for not pouting or demanding a renegotiation of his contract - the bargain one that we signed him off from the Fins - even after it was clearly evident that his production on the field far outweighed what we paid him back then.

Edit: if i am not mistaken, he played out his contract and received a significant raise only in the subsequent contract.

The ball was on the 13 but it was first down. There was 39 seconds on the clock. They should have been in all out cover. Giants needed to score and were out of timeouts. Dumb call.

The real killer was allowing the conversion on 3rd and 11 with 0:45 left on the previous play. Thinking about this...how the heck did only six seconds run off the clock after a completed pass? That's the same amount of time that elapsed after an incomplete pass on 2nd down...:mad:

I am not sure why you wanna go through all of this again. Just hurts reading it..

17-15 Pats with 4 minutes to go when Welker dropped the pass on 2nd down. They still could've converted on 3rd down. If the defense doesn't choke, we aren't talking about the Welker drop. It's not like it was a great pass anyways.

The defense was handed the keys to a lead with 3:46 left and proceeded to surrender an 88 yard drive for a TD. The first play is a 38 yard bomb against a formation designed to not allow the deep pass but Chung was late getting to the sideline which resulted in a completion. It wasn't over from there. The Pats then proceeded to give up completions of 16 yards to Manningham and 14 yards to Nicks among others. They then gave up a 7 yard run to Bradshaw to give the Giants first and goal. And no, they didn't just "decide" to let the Giants score when they crossed the 50. That decision came after a 1 yard run on first and goal with 1:09 left when the Pats called timeout. The defense **** the bed on that drive.
The D was strong in SB 46

The D wasn't"Strong". They gave up an 88 yard drive to cost us the SB. That was the killer. As mentioned, nobody talks about Welker drop if they stop Eli.

That's pretty funny. Allowing 30 completions, 26 first downs, 100+ rushing yards, nearly 400 total yards, and a T.O.P. difference of 37:05 to 22:55 to go along with an 88 yard game-winning drive is not strong.

That's pretty funny. Allowing 30 completions, 26 first downs, 100+ rushing yards, nearly 400 total yards, and a T.O.P. difference of 37:05 to 22:55 to go along with an 88 yard game-winning drive is not strong.
You and your numbers. According to the Andy Bot, only 21 points allowed means the defense did their job. You gotta think these things through.
69086b676debf8b7bdb63475d2c41d09.jpg

wes was a good wr, but he'll never be the legend the julian is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News