PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes welker forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, he does deserve Patriots hof. Six years, multiple pro bowls, good guy.

You should probably get a life and/or more hobbies, then. Sports aren't that big of a deal.
It would've been a historic 19-0 season, so yeah, not that big a deal.
And what's up with Rodney too not slapping the ball away from Tyree. I hope he saw what Butler did this past Sunday and wished he just punched the sh!t out of that ball. Knowing Rodney and refs, 15 yard penalty would have ensued. And that weakling Seymour couldn't rag doll Eli? Too many chances to put that game away. Not to mention BB losing his nerve and going for it on 4th and looooong instead of kicking the FG.

The catch would have definitely been a hard one to make but the ball hit him in the hands. With no tomorrow and the Lombardi on the line, that was a catch he HAD to make. The defense completely ****ting the bed after that would not have mattered as the Giants would not have had enough time. Oh well.

It was a reasonably tough catch but the ball wasn't thrown on a dime. It was lobbed over to him.. the ball popped out of his hands. With all the great plays he made as a Patriot thats the play I remember most. Unfortunately.

And you can't ignore the freaking play either. It's clear WW himself understood/understands how important that freaking play was.

I'm not ignoring it. But too often people treat it as the sole reason for the loss. Just like the the Harper muffed punt is supposedly the only reason we lost homefield advantage. Complete nonsense!

Wes Welker is one of the great Patriots of all time. The hate against him is ridiculous and absurd.
The guy produced stratospheric numbers for a very long time, and he played the right way. Tough, Physical, willing to gut out the had yards, a great teammate with a great sense of humor. He was beloved in the locker room.

We got him at an absolute bargain for his entire career, and he played well in the clutch minus that one bad play (yes he should have caught it).

I consider him the greatest slot receiver of all time and wish that he could have finished his career with us..

Welker was then, Edelman is now and JE is as solid as they come. Although Amendola never was a Go2Guy, he in his own right shows up in clutch moments when needed.

BREC_UACIAE2aFw.jpg%20large_zpsrumlhzvo.jpg

Wes was part of the magic. We traded a 4th for Randy Freakin' Moss and then BB goes for a 2nd and 7th to get Wes Welker Who?. To Wes's credit, he picked up the system faster than anyone ever has.

I just love Edleman's story, his metal toughness (similar to Welkers) and he leaves it all on the field.

Are there currently any players in the pats HOF that never won a SB?

When I think of Welker, mainly I hope that he has a happy and healthy second half of his life.

Huge Welker fan here. Dude made tons of big plays for us and he was fearless.

He could've made that catch, 9 out of 10 times he does make that catch. But to blame him for losing the Super Bowl is absurd, IMHO. As others here have pointed out, there were plenty of other plays that contributed to the loss.

I felt the same way about fans who blamed Buckner in 86. Why do people feel the need to find a scapegoat and direct all their vitriol onto one player when things go wrong?

You should probably get a life and/or more hobbies, then.

projection

• the unconscious transfer of one's own desires or emotions to another person

projection

• the unconscious transfer of one's own desires or emotions to another person
LOL, Tommy. I have friends that I go out with on weekends, a family that wants to see me, and a woman that I spend my life with still. I'm pretty sure you're striking out on the first two and you're definitely not having any luck on the last one. By the way, did you actually go into my post history and follow me? Projection, eh?

LOL, Tommy. I have friends that I go out with on weekends, a family that wants to see me, and a woman that I spend my life with still. I'm pretty sure you're striking out on the first two and you're definitely not having any luck on the last one. By the way, did you actually go into my post history and follow me? Projection, eh?

I rest my case.

That's too bad.

I'm sure that's why you brought it up.

BTW, let us know when you've gotten a life, and some hobbies, and aren't so tied to this forum.

Yawn. You mean like a 72 year old man whose sole purpose is to follow a 30 year old stranger around an anonymous forum to try and troll him so the elderly man can fill a void in his life whie alleviating boredom?

Last edited:
I can't forgive Asante for dropping that easy INT.

I can't forgive Wes for dropping that very catchable pass.

Period.

That wasn't remotely an easy INT. Asante leapt as high as he could, and barely got his fingertips on the ball. It would have been a tremendous play by him.

Welker's wasn't a gimme either, but it was an easier catch. Either one seals a SB victory.

I will now go stab myself with a rusty kitchen knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back