PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're leading in the division

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pats are also 2 plays away from being 5-7..........unless you don't wish to include the bills game and the ravens game in your fantasy

It is what it is. So we are 5-2 with 5 plays to determine the other 5.
I'll take that.
What exactly are you trying to prove? That we should give up?
That when we were a bad spot (or one of 12 other plays going our way) away from beating a 12-0 team on the road, we have no chance? OK, if that makes you feel better.

the pats are also 2 plays away from being 5-7..........unless you don't wish to include the bills game and the ravens game in your fantasy

And we were more than 1 play away from losing to Baltimore.

And in the Buffalo game we still had 3 TOs left,so we still could have won without the fumble on the KO. That play did not determine the game.

Nah, if Clayton holds onto that ball, the Ravens win.

Thats ridiculous. You cant give them a TD because they have a first down.
But regardless it isnt one play from losing its one play from them having a chance to score and win. Have you seen what Flacco has done with those chances lately?

no we weren't ........ 30 seconds to go, the ravens were on the pats 14.......

they were alot closer to winning that game than the 3 'potential' victories in your fantasy

It is what it is. So we are 5-2 with 5 plays to determine the other 5.
I'll take that.
What exactly are you trying to prove? That we should give up?
That when we were a bad spot (or one of 12 other plays going our way) away from beating a 12-0 team on the road, we have no chance? OK, if that makes you feel better.

I'm not trying to prove anything, but if you're going to call someone else ignorant, you should at least have some kind of small clue yourself....and you don't....yeah, colvin was a great deal...LMFAO

But that is exactly the point. I was 'riding your ass' because you were right or wrong, but because you were proclaiming you knew the consequence, just as now, you are damning the season before it plays out.
You are right or wrong in retrospect. You cannot be right or wrong before the results are known even though you want to believe you can convince everyone of that.

Given that you were arguing in the opposite direction, as opposed to just going with "we'll see", take a look in the mirror, Mr. Pot.

And, again, if that's the position you're going to take (retrospect), you should suggest that Ian shut down the message board, and you should stop coming to them except to make predictions just before the start of a season and to compare them just after the season is over. On the one hand, you deride "hindsight" yet, on the other, you claim that "hindsight", which is retrospect, is the only way to know. So, we've got Pot/Kettle and, now having the cake....

If 3 plays went our way, we are 9-2 and rooting for 1 Colt loss to get HFA.
If we get 1 play better we run the table all the way to the SB and your personell gripes are ridiculous.
Its easy to find fault in anything. I still don't understand how people such as you think being able to find fault makes them intelligent in an arena where there is fault 100% of the time.

If the Bills return man takes a knee and the Ravens receiver doesn't drop an easy pass, the Patriots are probably 5-7. That woulda/coulda argument holds no water in context.

As for the "intelligent" line, AGAIN, message board...... Since you have become such a homer that you can't handle BB being criticized either at the time or in hindsight, you really leave only blogs written by team shills.

no we weren't ........ 30 seconds to go, the ravens were on the pats 14.......

they were alot closer to winning that game than the 3 'potential' victories in your fantasy
Totally wrong.
Correct spot vs Colts.
No Int in end zone last week (FG ends game)
Made FG, one stop along the way, one score in entire second half vs Denver.
Are much, much, much closer than scoring fromt the 14 in 30 seconds
But keep going, i dont want to disrupt your Pat hating

I'm not trying to prove anything, but if you're going to call someone else ignorant, you should at least have some kind of small clue yourself....and you don't....yeah, colvin was a great deal...LMFAO

Colvin contributed to SBs

Given that you were arguing in the opposite direction, as opposed to just going with "we'll see", take a look in the mirror, Mr. Pot.

And, again, if that's the position you're going to take (retrospect), you should suggest that Ian shut down the message board, and you should stop coming to them except to make predictions just before the start of a season and to compare them just after the season is over. On the one hand, you deride "hindsight" yet, on the other, you claim that "hindsight", which is retrospect, is the only way to know. So, we've got Pot/Kettle and, now having the cake....

If the Bills return man takes a knee and the Ravens receiver doesn't drop an easy pass, the Patriots are probably 5-7. That woulda/coulda argument holds no water in context.

As for the "intelligent" line, AGAIN, message board...... Since you have become such a homer that you can't handle BB being criticized either at the time or in hindsight, you really leave only blogs written by team shills.

You miss the point.
I am absolutely a homer about everything that hasnt happened yet. How could you be anything else as a fan?
My issue with your postings is that you purport to judge before results are in.
I did not understand the Seymour trade either. But I recognize that from my couch I dont have all of the facts that led to the decision. And I know that whether it is a good or bad decision is not determined until the season is over.
Speculating whether or not it will TURN OUT to be a good decisio is one tihing, judging it before the results are in is another.

We'll see if we extend or maintain our lead tomorrow.

NFL Videos: Patriots 27, Ravens 21

The ball hit Clayton between the numbers at the 8 yard line- had he made a pretty elementary catch, they have a first down with 8 yards to paydirt. If that doesn't qualify, then neither do most of our close losses. The only game that was closer, for or against, was the Colts game. Apply whatever standard you want, but at least try to be consistent. The Pats are 2-4 in games that could have gone either way, and that is a pretty telling record in of itself.

Last edited:

See the difference is that I recognize that BB is susceptible to criticism on many issues. But, unlike you, I recognize that a great NFL decision maker is right about 55% of the time. I prefer to accept that incorrect decisions will be made and not deride a guy who has brought so much success to this franchise in order to sound intelligent about the 45% that are less than perfect.
Thats OK though, keep ripping BB, and whenever you want please give me the list of all those that you feel are doing or have done better.

NFL Videos: Patriots 27, Ravens 21

The ball hit Clayton between the numbers at the 8 yard line- had he made a pretty elementary catch, they have a first down with 8 yards to paydirt. If that doesn't qualify, then neither do most of our close losses. The only game that was closer, for or against, was the Colts game. Apply whatever standard you want, but at least try to be consistent. The Pats are 2-4 in games that could have gone either way, and that is a pretty telling record in of itself.

Making that catch doesnt put them in the end zone.
I dont know how that is the same as a correct spot, or a made FG, or Brady not throiwing an end zone Int when a FG ices the game.
Getting to first and goal at the 8 isnt one play away, it is at the very least 2 plays, converting the one they didnt and then scoring.

You miss the point.
I am absolutely a homer about everything that hasnt happened yet. How could you be anything else as a fan?
I did not understand the Seymour trade either. But I recognize that from my couch I dont have all of the facts that led to the decision. And I know that whether it is a good or bad decision is not determined until the season is over.
Speculating whether or not it will TURN OUT to be a good decisio is one tihing, judging it before the results are in is another.

I'm not missing the point at all. And It's easy to be something other than a homer as a fan.

Last edited:
Be realistic with your expectations. There are 6 teams in AFC with better or equal records than Pats. There are more teams in NFC with better records. Pats are in the first palce of a very weak division with 3 teams led by rookie QBs. They are worse than second place teams in other divisions(Denver comes to mind).

Lower your expectation and don't want see you crying in Janurary after being bounced from playoff (even if they make it). That's not hating on pats. Just being real. :cool:

I thought the results are in on the Seymour trade: he is having a good year in Oakland (I believe 8 sacks). Pats absolutely positively SUCK at pass rush. Bad trade. How is a first round in 2011 going to help you rush Manning this year in playoff?

In my book, the trade is going down as one of the worst as far as timing. Al got his revenge for the Moss trade.

Last edited:
I'm not missing the point at all. And It's easy to be something other than a homer as a fan.

Whatever. I choose to look forward with optism.
You clearly look to find fault and hope you are correct. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft