PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker:Toward the end in NE, BB got on him in a way he never had before

Maybe Welker shouldn't have said "it's nice to stick it in Bill's face" during his post game spot on CSNNE with Felger after the Denver game last year.

I'm guessing that probably didn't sit well with Bill.

Mav, I didn't agree with benching Welker during the 2010 divisional round, but you're reading too much into the "power/control" thing, as you put it. BB, around his players, is very much a player's coach sometimes and an authoritarian the other times. That's what professional football players need.

Wait...Really? If this is his "new" ID then that clears a lot of things up.

Actually very few former players speak about Belichick with loving reverence.
The commentary is more along the line of talking about a former HS coach or teacher rather than a father figure or someone who taught life lessons. Not saying Belichick is a monster in any way. Am saying he obsesses over control of his players to the point of ridiculous. Has to be so refreshing for a guy like Welker to be in Denver and out from under BB's thumb.

On the flip side of what you are saying.. I wasn't pretending that Belichick is a universally, beloved and revered father figure... but his faults as a coach must be greatly below what you project onto him... else we'd have heard a lot more about this from all the ex-players that played for him... a lot more than just Wes.

Maybe the next time Peyton Manning won't throw the Super Bowl clinching pass behind and high to a wide open Wes Welker thus forcing Welker to have to twist, jump backwards and reverse his momentum on a dime so he can catch that really bad pass from an unpressured QB. ;)

This is hilarious citing Mr "Pick 6" in the SB as the alternative to Brady.

Great plays are a matter of a couple hundred milliseconds and a couple centimeters. All QBs and WRs are human. The great players make great plays and avoid bad plays whiles winning rings. Both our guys and scores of their team mates cam up short (not a Welker joke) the last couple SBs.

Wes really needs to shut up. I'm a huge Wes fan- own a jersey and signed gloves from his 15 catch 192 yard game against the Jets; but really he's just being an a-hole at this point. You feel slighted, we get it.

Now you know how Lucifer felt, cast out of heaven

After reading the piece, I could arrive at only one conclusion; It hasn't taken Welker long to adopt Manning's throw everyone under the bus and admonish responsibility mentality.

Maybe Welker shouldn't have said "it's nice to stick it in Bill's face" during his post game spot on CSNNE with Felger after the Denver game last year.

I'm guessing that probably didn't sit well with Bill.

I wasn't a fan of the comment. It diddnt come across as funny and was cringe worthy.

It's pretty evident BB is still in Welkers head. Hopefully he is a ball of nerves trying to catch balls when they play again.

What a ***** he turned out to be.

After reading the piece, I could arrive at only one conclusion; It hasn't taken Welker long to adopt Manning's throw everyone under the bus and admonish responsibility mentality.

I thought that exact thing, Aus....funny....we're 8 thousand miles apart and immediately see it for what it is...or looks like...perhaps....

ku-xlarge.gif

Maybe the next time Peyton Manning won't throw the Super Bowl clinching pass behind and high to a wide open Wes Welker thus forcing Welker to have to twist, jump backwards and reverse his momentum on a dime so he can catch that really bad pass from an unpressured QB. ;)

Throw that same pass to my 10 year old son ten times and he catches five. A clutch big game NFL receiver makes that catch ten out of ten times.

Throw that same pass to my 10 year old son ten times and he catches five. A clutch big game NFL receiver makes that catch ten out of ten times.

Not just that, but if Brady had thrown the ball to where the Brady-blamers say it should have thrown it to, Welker would have been decapitated by the onrushing safety. Brady was leading Wes away from contact.

Was it a harder-than-average catch to make? Yup. But if Brady had thrown it where he supposedly "should" have, it was probably going to be incomplete because of Welker getting lit up. It's just too bad that Welker didn't look back for the ball a little earlier so he could have seen sooner it was coming to the unexpected shoulder.

Look at the pics ace. Welker could have caught that easily. Greats do that, others don't. Welker couldn't do it and was a liability in the playoffs for his heartbreaking drops.

Re: Re: Welker:Toward the end in NE, BB got on him in a way he never had before

You crack me up. Do you call your boss at work "daddy"?

Just laughed out loud in the middle of the airport when I read this comment. Well done! :thumbup:

Re: Re: Welker:Toward the end in NE, BB got on him in a way he never had before

What a ***** he turned out to be.

Seriously its like we barely know them, Hernandez a murderer, Welker with a vigina, what next?:what:

Seriously its like we barely know them, Hernandez a murderer, Welker with a vigina, what next?:what:

Lord Farver unretires for the 15th time...c'mon, give me somethin' harder than THAT...

Two comments about this:

1) Welker said that when he talks to the media now, he wonders what Belichick thinks. Belichick is in his head. Good luck with that Wes, come November 24, 2013. Belichick also knows how to get to Manning.

2) Welker is a HOF receiver. He has three of the top ten 10 receiving seasons all-time. NFL Single-Season Receptions Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

The year Randy Moss caught 23 TDs to eclipse Jerry Rice's record, Moss didn't even lead his own team in receiving - Welker did.

Welker caught 118 passes last year. No one the current Patriots roster has ever come within 30 catches of that.

We will miss him.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back