PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker:Toward the end in NE, BB got on him in a way he never had before

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 3m
In new issue of SI, Welker says toward the end in NE, BB got on him in a way he never had before, admonishing him in front of the team.
Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 2m
WW: “It was just kind of hard--1 of those deals where you have to endure him, put up w him..But he does it to everybody.It’s the way he is.”

here we go......

EDIT:It Is What It Is » Wes Welker: Last days with Bill Belichick were ?just kind of hard?

BB can be hard to endure especially on on Monday after good games, we all know this. Heard it from many other players, not sure what the big deal is....

Well he seems to say the same thing , one he says it got to him and 2nd he says BB does it to everyone. If he was so unhappy with bb's treatment not sure why he wanted to come back.

Well he seems to say the same thing , one he says it got to him and 2nd he says BB does it to everyone. If he was so unhappy with bb's treatment not sure why he wanted to come back.

Even Brady's mentioned being livid at BB during those cut downs, just something they have to endure. Keeps their head from swelling....

Don't get me wrong I don't think there's anything wrong with a little head swelling, it's the balloon BB's trying to pop.

Don't get me wrong I don't think there's anything wrong with a little head swelling, it's the balloon BB's trying to pop.

Welker's head wasn't swollen; it was the hair implants :eyebrows:

here we go......

Hopefully, Wes will have a happier and easier time of it in Denver under the accommodating guidance of PR giant John Fox.

I thought the same thing when I saw the two excerpts: One says "I was singled out," one says 'He does it to everyone."

Even Brady's mentioned being livid at BB during those cut downs, just something they have to endure. Keeps their head from swelling....

I seem to remember Matt Light had some stories to this effect too.

Honestly, these quotes don't surprise me. He has a history of being overly open with the media, and frankly he sounds a bit self-serving. For the record, I took issue with this when he was a Patriot, as well. There's a reason why Kraft felt the need, after the fact, to publicly set the record straight re: their contract negotiations, and it was because Welker had already made it all public.

I still don't really understand why he gets a free pass for saying stuff like this, or for getting benched for part of a playoff game because he had to say his piece to the media, or even last summer during contract negotiations when he was talking to pretty much anyone who would put a microphone in front of his face.

The moment he left, I figured it was a matter of time before Welker started making publicly negative comments re: Belichick and the organization. This didn't come out of left field; it's who he is. Honestly, as much as I love his persona on the field, off the field I'm not sure how he's any better than a lot of other guys that most of us don't like. Sounds to me like he has an awful lot of ego, albeit with a slightly better head for PR than most.

tumblr_mksghkBIrU1s5jwlco1_500.gif

Belichick: Toward the end in NE, Welker dropped passes in a way he never had before.

Yep, he owes Patriot fans a big apology for leading the league in 1st downs, YAC, and catching more passes during his 6 years here than any receiver in NFL history over 6 years.

BB can be hard to endure especially on on Monday after good games, we all know this. Heard it from many other players, not sure what the big deal is....

That's one thing, but that's also a constant for the whole time that he was here. Going to the media about how it got worse toward the end makes it pretty clear that he's trying to tell a particular story that goes beyond "Belichick is a tough critic".

Personally, it doesn't surprise me at all that Belichick was harsher on Welker last year than he had been in the past. He dropped a lot of balls last year. Washington Post says 9, PFF says 15, if you're part of the crowd that assigns them any credibility (I don't).

Belichick had a good deal more to criticize last year than he has in the past. Granted, that's more a testament to how good he was in prior years than anything, but if he's looking for a reason why Belichick was a tougher critic, then that's likely it. Nobody get s a free pass on mistakes because they're good most of the time. Brady doesn't, and Welker certainly doesn't either.

As long as the singling out was just related to football, its just a coaching way. As phil simms said the other day about what parcells told him when simms thought he should praise him for his work - paraphrasing-
"Its sad that my expectations for you are more than you have for yourself"

So BB is a tough boss, and is even tougher when you start screwing up? Fascinating insights.

Yep, he owes Patriot fans a big apology for leading the league in 1st downs, YAC, and catching more passes during his 6 years here than any receiver in NFL history over 6 years.

I trade them all in for just one catch in a certain game.

I trade them all in for just one catch in a certain game.

They never would have gotten to those SB's without Welker playing the way he did. He's one of the best players to ever play for this team and yet the douchebags in this forum take shot after shot at him. I am sure it will be the same for Wilfork and Brady because the truth of the matter is that there is a large contingent of Patriot fans who simply have no appreciation for great players and only look at the shiny new object.

Kenbrell Thompkins > Troy Brown............

Loved Welker as a patriots player but is he ever going to stop the tears? let it go Wes, let it go...

At least he can play football, unlike a certain 3rd string QB the Patriots temporarily have on their roster who is only good for practice reps.

Actually, my apologies, i shouldn't have expected you to understand that as you were a Florida, bronco's, and Jets fan during those years and never really saw Welker play here.

“When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think,” Welker says. “I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back