PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome the New Pats DEFENSE: Aggressive, Exciting, Innovative

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title of this thread is almost as big of a ****up as the defense is.

The title of this thread is almost as big of a ****up as the defense is.

The title might just be perfectly fine; it just needs a fourth word - Terrible.

Ummmmm, you do realize Fat Al don't like 3-4 and the reason why he punched his ticket out of DC

Please.

In DC, he played for an organization that he did not respect, after receiving $41 million up front on a long-term contract as the best defensive player in the NFL.

Here, he is playing for his supper every day.

He'll do what he is told or else his career is over.

If you don't think that the Giants had a better gameplan and that the Giants were more prepared/ready to play that game, then I don't know what to tell you. Even your beloved Randy Moss said "they had a better gameplan" when he was interviewed after the loss.

Whether you want to call it out-schemed, losing the adjustment battle, or just not having your team playing at its best in the biggest game of the season, the blame falls on the coach, just like the coach gets the credit when he shuts down the greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl.

Ironic how when the Pats shut down the Rams great offense, BB was a defensive mastermind and was a genius who crafted up an amazing gameplan to shut down that offense. But when the Giants hold the greatest offense of all time to 14 points in the Super Bowl, Spagnuolo gets absolutely no credit. Coughlin gets no credit. The Patriots just had an off day, right? Well how come no one says that the Rams just had an off day? Because you're not being objective and you're in denial of the fact that Belichick has been out-coached in three of his last playoff games. The other teams have been better prepared and have had the better gameplans. That's just a fact if you look at it somewhat objectively, which is obviously hard for you to do.

you seem to be forgetting a small inconvenient fact that occured right on the eve of the biggest game: the team - coaches, players everyone - were blindsided with a powerful accusation that sent the entire media in a frenzy to smear us.

Yes, no doubt that the Gints had a great plan, and our O was befuddled at times and harrassed a lot, and our D couldn't catch the lucky breaks that went to the Gints O during the last drive. I am certainly not taking anything away from their victory.

But, if you feel that this malicious distraction right on the eve of the big game - in a season where the coach/players went thru the embarassing and overblown camergate 'scandal' - had no role in unsettling the coaches and the players whose reputations are being tarnished for life, I don't know what to tell you other than to suggest considering the reality of the situation when interpreting the stats.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the totals on what opposing offensive yardage the defense has allowed this year through the air and on the ground?

Is it over 1,200 yards, I presume?

1,406 to be exact.

Please.

In DC, he played for an organization that he did not respect, after receiving $41 million up front on a long-term contract as the best defensive player in the NFL.

Here, he is playing for his supper every day.

He'll do what he is told or else his career is over.

He didn't play for anybody last Sunday, and it doesn't look like he's playing this Sunday, either.

I hope that it's only a case in which neither Bill nor Uncle Al are pushing get back on the field,
and that when Bill thinks Al is ready, Al will think he's ready, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes