PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Nate Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's hard not to want them to start playing tomorrow, huh? Get a couple RBs, draft another WR, a bit more depth and developmental talent on the O-line, and HEALTH? The only thing that will stop this offense is exhaustion from running too many plays and scoring too much.

Defense ain't bad either, although like to see another CB or 2 there. But jeez, easy to get giddy.

solid depth signing........may make the team, may not......I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means

curious to see why so many are writing off amendola, sure it took him longer to get in sync with Brady but he has since become very reliable. I'd be hesitant to get rid of the sure thing with great hands.

That's one solution. Personally, I believe that there should be some kind of strategy towards keeping Lewis healthy for a full season. Perhaps, this would work? Perhaps, it would be too predictable?

Since he can play both run and pass, I don't really see it as predictable. Now, getting Blount and/or another run only early down back would make things more predictable, but it's pretty clear that, historically, the team can handle that level of predictability on early downs, as long as the OL doesn't fall apart the way it did last year.

2014: Butler
2015: Andrews/Coleman

We could really use an UDFA gem at outside WR. Let's get lucky. :D

nice pickup. team is really shaping up to be one of our best ever. and today easley was seen dunking a basketball and saying " i feel pretty good". lewis making progress. Damn lets go!

I expect Dobson to be gone but he flashed a lot more (two years ago) than the others you mentioned.
I expect Martin or a draftee to be the #5, if there is one.

@Ivan, not sure why you are disagreeing with two questions that I posed.

Because he's not a 2 and he doesn't replace Amendola he will battle Dobson. He's a good outside receiver with questionable hands, not an interior receiver with great hands.

Because he's not a 2 and he doesn't replace Amendola he will battle Dobson. He's a good outside receiver with questionable hands, not an interior receiver with great hands.

i didn't say he was. that's why i was asking.

I still expect them to draft a WR, but I like this signing. He threatens an area of the field consistently that no other WR in our offense does. Should loosen up the coverage underneath as well. If he can give them what Lafell did in 2014, it's an excellent move. Now they just need two RB's and another OT/OG and they're good to go.

Danny Boy ain't a 2 either! Washington puts up better numbers with a significantly worse QB. And, is much
cheaper. What's not to like?

Feels very much like the Donte Stallworth 2007 signing. Happy to have Washington on board. He's a darn good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes