PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Nate Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington was signed for JAG pay. The team is paying $80K in bonuses to have another player competing to make our roster at WR, competing with the likes of Martin, Dobson, Boyce, Harper and Carter. For me, there is no downside. If he moves up and deserves more reps, then that's great.

The team has added our 3rd WR. When Edelman is healthy, we will have Edelman, Amendola and Hogan. Maybe one of the rest will be a major contributor. Personally, I wouldn't expect ANY of them to see the field more than a couple of times a game, unless there are health issues. IMHO, when we run a 4 WR set (rarely), I'd expect to see Lewis on the field, rather than any of our backup WR's.

SIDE THOUGHTS
I see a major hole is Amendola is not on the team. Also, I expect us to draft a WR early , although this seems to be a poster's dream every year. In the end, I can't argue with Belichick's believing that he has a better shot finding a WR in free agency. Hogan and Washington may be our WR additions for the season (along with another JAG and a late draftee).

IIRC Pats didn't tender Boyce so he shouldn't be mentioned as an option anymore.

IIRC Pats didn't tender Boyce so he shouldn't be mentioned as an option anymore.

Not necessarily. Not tendering someone might just mean they don't want to pay them as much as the lowest tender. That's why Develin signed his extension, for instance. I also remember early this offseason reading that Boyce staying around hasn't been ruled out by the team. That being said, I don't see any upside...

Boyce isn't walking through that door, fortunately. Even Bill has realized that he fecked-up royally
with that pick and will likely try again during the draft.

The question is, at age 32 can he still fly and get the deep ball? I am a bit concerned. With that said I haven't been following him since the Steelers years.

Boyce isn't walking through that door, fortunately. Even Bill has realized that he fecked-up royally
with that pick and will likely try again during the draft.

So BB shouldnt try and draft a WR?

Boyce was a 4th rounder where the failure rate for players picked in that round is 65%

Washington will make it through camp. Dobson won't, that's who they are talking about.
Washington is by no means guaranteed a roster spot opening day.

So BB shouldnt try and draft a WR?

Boyce was a 4th rounder where the failure rate for players picked in that round is 65%
With 11 picks currently, Bill of course should draft another WR (or even 2), as I wrote that he will.

Boyce was drafted in the 4th round when his talent suggested that he should've been drafted at least a full round later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST