PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
dez bryant is a joke

Look on the bright side...he and Tony Romo can open a comedy club and be headliners

jeezus krist...does Romo EVER come up anything but puny in big spots or what?

OK Rob....what's the defense???...you want us to cover everybody and leave Marshall all alone behind the defense?....OK....how was tHAT, coach???

my co worker was right..the cowboys don't actually practice...at all

Slaughtered at home...once again...Jerry Jones must have nightmares of Jimmy Johnson telling him "I TOLD you so!"...

Tony ties his own personal record!!!!

5 interceptions....all the best, Tony!!

fitzpatrick and romo..both suck

Boy, that was ugly. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones cleaned house.

Orton is a better fit and QB for Dallas than Romo......there is said it.

Last edited:
NFC EAST QBs thus far in 2012 (Manning,Romo,Vick,Griffin III)

Interceptions......19

Yes,that's right,19 interceptions in 4 games and guess who the best QB is by protecting the ball?

........you got it,Rookie Griffin III with just ONE INT

Last edited:
Orton is a better fit and QB for Dallas than Romo......there is said it.

No he isn't. It's not even close. Romo had a bit of a meltdown at the end there, but if Orton had been QBing that game the Cowboys would have looked even worse. Romo's one of the better QBs in the league.

NFC EAST QBs thus far in 2012 (Manning,Romo,Vick,Griffin III)

Interceptions......19

Yes,that's right,19 interceptions in 4 games and guess who the best QB is by protecting the ball?

........you got it,Rookie Griffin III with just ONE INT

Griffin's the real deal. I go out of my way to watch the Skins every week because he's really, really entertaining to watch. His skills running the ball and running the option in general are as-advertised, and like everyone else I worry about whether or not he can last a full season with the beating he takes. The Bengals' and Rams' gameplan was basically to take cheapshots at him at every possible opportunity, but as of this week Griffin's started throwing his hands up after he pitches the ball, so that he'll finally start getting some protection from the officials.

What really surprises me about Griffin is that, as a thrower, he's excellent. It's one thing to read that about him in the pre-draft scouting reports, and something else entirely to see it in action. He's not a one-dimensional runner, by a long shot. For a guy who never even had a playbook until he got to the NFL, I'm surprised by how well he produces in the passing game.

Was Romo pulled from the game? I only caught the beginning and the very end. 5 INTs wow, what a meltdown.

The record is 7 in a game, wonder who's in the running to beat that, easily 1 of the 3 stooges in our division.:p

Was Romo pulled from the game? I only caught the beginning and the very end. 5 INTs wow, what a meltdown.

The record is 7 in a game, wonder who's in the running to beat that, easily 1 of the 3 stooges in our division.:p

One of them (the pick-six to Briggs) didn't even look like a pass attempt, and the second INT bounced off of Ogletree's hands. The last one game long after the outcome was in question, and he was basically just chucking the ball hoping for a quick score. Bad night for Romo, for sure, but not as absolutely terrible as the stats made it look. It wouldn't have been close for as long as it was if the Cowboys had been playing a lesser QB. Romo did get pulled at the end of the game.

Last edited:
Griffin's the real deal. I go out of my way to watch the Skins every week because he's really, really entertaining to watch. His skills running the ball and running the option in general are as-advertised, and like everyone else I worry about whether or not he can last a full season with the beating he takes. The Bengals' and Rams' gameplan was basically to take cheapshots at him at every possible opportunity, but as of this week Griffin's started throwing his hands up after he pitches the ball, so that he'll finally start getting some protection from the officials.

What really surprises me about Griffin is that, as a thrower, he's excellent. It's one thing to read that about him in the pre-draft scouting reports, and something else entirely to see it in action. He's not a one-dimensional runner, by a long shot. For a guy who never even had a playbook until he got to the NFL, I'm surprised by how well he produces in the passing game.

The strength in RGIIIs game is his smarts

Griffin said that during the final drive against TB,the Speaker in his helmet malfunctioned and he finished the game winning drive on his own without any coaching.

No he isn't. It's not even close. Romo had a bit of a meltdown at the end there, but if Orton had been QBing that game the Cowboys would have looked even worse. Romo's one of the better QBs in the league.

Talent-wise? That's debatable. What's not debatable is that he's a knucklehead loser with no heart. He has the opposite of the "it" factor. And no, he didn't have "a bit of a meltdown at the end." The shovel pass pick 6 in the first half was as bad as it gets. He and the Cowboys are a national joke. Cracks me up that some people still refuse to see it.

Romo sucks....what has he ever accomplished besides some positive stats?

He chokes in big games,he shows little to no emotion when he fails at something and he does not appear to be the type of leader his offense needs.

How many times is he responsible for a major screwup that cost his team a game and how many times has he made mistakes just before making the playoffs or into the postseason?

If Romo is one of the better QBs in the league then defenses will dominate once again.

Romo isn't even in the top 10 best QBs in the league,at least Orton seldom tosses multiple picks in a game like they were candy.

Not only that but the Skins offense has gone from their absolute weakness to their strength. The Skins don't often make good decisions and haven't for twenty-something years now, but Griffin III was a jolt the team needed so very badly. What I find most impressive is that he is as cool as a cucumber. He doesn't get rattled at all AND he makes pretty good decisions with the ball.

Talent-wise? That's debatable. What's not debatable is that he's a knucklehead loser with no heart. He has the opposite of the "it" factor. And no, he didn't have "a bit of a meltdown at the end." The shovel pass pick 6 in the first half was as bad as it gets. He and the Cowboys are a national joke. Cracks me up that some people still refuse to see it.

one int was the wr going the wrong way, another was a totally tipped pass, and that other was not a shovel pass, it was a pocket breakdown and a bear nailing his arm as he scrambled up the gut

romo doesn't seem to have the IT factor, but wow....aside from witten, most of his guys never seem to help him out, and it started in that seattle playoff game where that wr that parcells called "she" screwed up a couple times making romo look bad

oh and yeah, rg III is definitely the real deal.....

I am now going to be making a better effort to watch the kid play. I've seen the highlights, but I've not tuned in to watch a Washington game. I'm always just so dialed in to what the Patriots are doing each week that I miss most of the other stuff and just settle for highlights.

I also find that I like watching the Texans and 49ers. I like to just keep an eye out for the teams that are supposed to be the contenders and biggest potential obstacles for the Patriots. I really don't view Baltimore as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe