PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 NFL Games

Re: NFL Week 3 other games

Why not? Roethlisberger doesn't seem to have the escapability anymore. He is far more of a statue in the pocket. Once Roethlisberger can't move anymore, he is a mediocre QB.
Yeah, that was exactly my point. His famous playmaking ability is all but gone from all the hits he took. Now he's just a shell of himself.

The Steelers are done. Pouncey's injury was the end of the line for them.

The Steelers are in an awkward and terrible spot, I love it. The O-line is bad, Ike Taylor will be 34 next year,Polamalu isn't a 1/3rd of what he once was, no running game, and most of all, Roethlisberger isn't the type of QB that can play to age 37-39 with taken 351 sacks.

Do you try to trade Big Ben and enter rebuilding mode, drafting a young QB high in the process?

The Steelers are in a situation reminiscent of the Celtics.

I know it's hindsight but it's looking like they should've traded him after the 2nd rape and suspension. Hard to see them getting anything worthwhile for him now with the trainwreck of a season he's about to have. Then again Carson Palmer netted 2 1st's or something like that when he was far past over the hill.

luky we play the saints in foxborough. Saints D is very bad. I am more worried about the saints game though over the falcons game. Brees scares the crap out of me

But saints have no running game at all

I'm worried about all of them, the Patriots are far from a finished product and any of the teams they are facing in the near future are going to pose serious problems for them. beating atlanta in Atlanta would be an upset, Cincy will be really tough, and the Brees tore up the Patriots the last time they met. I would have been fine with 2-2 through the next four before todays game but now I want them to go at least 3-1 through it. If they can get through the in jury stretch at 5-1 they are going to be in excellent shape for the rest of the season, barring more big injuries.

Yeah, that was exactly my point. His famous playmaking ability is all but gone from all the hits he took. Now he's just a shell of himself.

The Steelers are done. Pouncey's injury was the end of the line for them.

I was actually agreeing with you. Sorry if it didn't come off that way.

I know it's hindsight but it's looking like they should've traded him after the 2nd rape and suspension. Hard to see them getting anything worthwhile for him now with the trainwreck of a season he's about to have. Then again Carson Palmer netted 2 1st's or something like that when he was far past over the hill.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of stupid GMs out there.

Roethlisberger isn't going anywhere, they will rebuild around him.

Brees tore up the Patriots the last time they met. .

I can't remember a game where Brees didn't tear us up

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of stupid GMs out there.

Yeah they could probably rob some team of a couple 1sts.

Pick six LOL.

Did Ben just do his best Favre impersonation? "Close my eyes and chuck it!" Because that always works so well.

I would take the Steelers' offense five combined games to come back from this deficit.

Pick six LOL.

Did Ben just do a Favre impersonation? "Close my eyes and chuck it!" Because that always works so well.

Not dealing well with chaos

Roethlisberger isn't going anywhere, they will rebuild around him.

Would you do that though? IMO, I'd try to fleece a dumb GM of this sinking ship of a QB while I could.

Bridgewater, Boyd, Hundley, Mariotta, Manziel, McCarron....there are alot of options out there to start over.

Steelers finally showing some level of resistance...

2 quarters too late.

As a die hard Steeler hater I'm loving what's going on with that team. The move to bring Todd Haley in was gold.

Looks like they'll be waiting a while to win their first Super Bowl title that is not tainted by illegal PED use or help from the officiating....

Steelers finally showing some level of resistance...

2 quarters too late.

Hey now, if the Steelers return this punt for a TD, and the referees decide to award them double the points for it, then hope their next 5 opponents decide to lay down and let the hapless Steelers beat them, it could be a season-changing play.

Would you do that though? IMO, I'd try to fleece a dumb GM of this sinking ship of a QB while I could.

Bridgewater, Boyd, Hundley, Mariotta, Manziel, McCarron....there are alot of options out there to start over.

Like 3/4ths of those QBs will probably amount to nothing.

Like 3/4ths of those QBs will probably amount to nothing.

Still it's probably their best choice to start over. And while Ben is a great game manager and a guy who can make the occasional clutch play to help his team win big games, he's never proven he can carry a team on his shoulders i.e. not a guy I'd choose to re-build around.

Still it's probably their best choice to start over. And while Ben is a great game manager and a guy who can make the occasional clutch play to help his team win big games, he's never proven he can carry a team on his shoulders i.e. not a guy I'd choose to re-build around.

He's still won a lot of big time games with many of them being in January. And a pair in February(although he really only played well in one of them). Would be tough to trade him. Maybe the guy should start getting rid of the ball earlier though even though he wouldn't be able to extend plays as long which was one of his best abilities.

The Steelers offense has been stifled because Roethlisberger is still confused deciding on which leg he should noticeably limp on due to his wrist injury.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back