PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 post-game thread - Patriots 40, Bills 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get on the phone to a basement dweller and pry an above average corner away.

This has been McDaniel's Achilles heel his whole career....trying to hard to be creative and mind bending at a PIVOTAL part of the game....when all you f'in need is smash mouth INTELLIGENT And basic football fundamentals....josh...they know you are going to pull the DOUBLE REVERSE on 3rd and 2.....SO DONT DO IT!!!

Create a new position called Guy in Charge Of Stopping Josh McDaniels From Calling A Deep Route When You're Up 18 Late And Only Need A Foot To Essentially Clinch It.

The O-Line was absolutely INCREDIBLE.
I still don't believe how well they played! And to think that they can get a lot better? That's crazy. HUGE props to Dave DeGuglielmo, he's filling in for Scar beautifully.

I wasn't capable of seeing the numbers and players there the whole game (Streaming sucks sometimes), but were there some subs and shifts in the O-line like last week, or were they the same personnel throughout the whole game?

Brady has had better numbers the first 2 weeks this season than the 2 weeks I'm the historic 2007...

Never in doubt. Did you see Pat's 4th down tries? there was no urgency like a definite Brady QB sneak. Brady was throwing and throwing down field. Don't let score fool you. This was not as close as it indicated. I said in another thread that Pats would turn tables on all that talk this week about Bill's defense and it was Our Defense that outplayed theirs. This was a great win and it was even more Sweet by turning Bill's Fans from lights out noise to a sitting movie theatre crowd.

This has been McDaniel's Achilles heel his whole career....trying to hard to be creative and mind bending at a PIVOTAL part of the game....when all you f'in need is smash mouth INTELLIGENT And basic football fundamentals....josh...they know you are going to pull the DOUBLE REVERSE on 3rd and 2.....SO DONT DO IT!!!

Running the ball today was a complete waste of time. You're not "ground and pound"ing that front 7. You're not. And if you try, you will lose.

Is it time to think that Andrews has taken Storks job? The kid has been amazing.

Create a new position called Guy in Charge Of Stopping Josh McDaniels From Calling A Deep Route When You're Up 18 Late And Only Need A Foot To Essentially Clinch It.

I'd settle for Guy Who Calls A Running Play When Up 18 Late Just To Burn Some Time.

This crap happens all the time.

We gave the bills and their fanbase a little bit of candy and we took it all away from them. They should be really mad next time and commit even more penalties. Maybe Taylor is still their QB and we get to sack him 8 more times and hopefully when it really counts we won't play defense if we have fletcher in, I think he was responsible for setting up two tds.

I have no problems at all with the offense or the play calling. 40points against one of the better defenses. That's great and that d was playing with all their emotions too. We won their superbowl.

Garbage time happened, folks.

Game was never really in doubt.

Fortunately, no points for style in the league. Bills were getting killed until the 4th, and can't even claim a moral victory with Brady setting records all over them in this game. Division win on the road, against Rex, and we're 2-0 heading for the Jaguars next week. Good stuff.

Very interesting game. The first 5 minutes and the last 15 were mostly Buffalo but the Pats did enough at the end to secure the win. I almost feel like after the 3rd the D got a bit complacent and just didn't put out a full effort. The pass rush did well but if there is such a thing as garbage sacks i think we got a few.

The Bills D was interesting. In the first drive it played very up close and rushed an extra guy daring Brady to go over the top if he even had the time. After the first drive which was very successful they got away from that style which i found curious.

Butler all things considered had the day i hoped he would. Not perfect but looked like a #1 CB. McCourty needs to do 2 things before every play #1 Identity the Offense and #2 Look where Fletcher is cause he can be beat deep. He should cheat to shadow him.

I was glad to see an improved effort by the front 7 in general. Not perfect but improved.

The weakness of the offensive line has more or less been the OTs surprisingly. But overall 1 play aside the entire unit played well. Just goes to show how much 1 blindside hit can change your perspective.

A few drops today hurt things and was not excited about the lack of a run game but overall it is hard to argue with 40 points. I do disagree with those 4th down calls. Not so much that we went for them but the play calls in question. Sometimes you can out think yourself. There is a time to take that over the top shot on 4th down but no need for it today.

Overall a good day by the O against a very good D. The D could have been better but i feel if the game was closer we would not have seen the let up we saw. That is not a good thing automatically but just how i felt about how the game unfolded.

We won a divisiong game on the road. no complaints. its hard to win in this league.

I have plenty to complain about and I'm sure Belichick does too.

I guess this is the official post game thread now. Alright

Running the ball today was a complete waste of time. You're not "ground and pound"ing that front 7. You're not. And if you try, you will lose.
And why run when you got TB12 on fire right now...run against the Colts lol

Is it time to think that Andrews has taken Storks job? The kid has been amazing.

Not really... Stork is a stud (hopefully without concussion). They'll be able to find ways to use Andrews at guard maybe. Wendell is playing his last year probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes