2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Run it up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No running it up - but strike fast and build up a lead and put the back ups in. I'd like to see the progression of Mallet and the RB's and maybe even Price...

Just curious, but seeing how disgraceful the Colts have been this year, should we give them an historical azz-whoopin? An in yer face POLIAN greeting so to speak :) Gentleman......and Ladies.....Start your engines :D

Pats.....70 :rocker:
Colts.... 0 :eek:

The league record is 73-0, so I'd be OK with 74-0. I think the Pats absolutely should at least put the game out of reach in the first half so guys can rest.

We just went through a bunch of the TIEBREAKER procedures on another thread.

STRENGTH OF VICTORY comes before STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE.

Right now we are #2 in SOV.

HOU- +114
NE + 108
Balt + 90
Pitt + 45
Cincy + 44
NYJ + 15

RUN IT UP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A PLAYOFF SEEDING DETERMINATION GAME!!!!!!!!

We just went through a bunch of the TIEBREAKER procedures on another thread.

STRENGTH OF VICTORY comes before STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE.

Right now we are #2 in SOV.

HOU- +114
NE + 108
Balt + 90
Pitt + 45
Cincy + 44
NYJ + 15

RUN IT UP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A PLAYOFF SEEDING DETERMINATION GAME!!!!!!!!

SOV is NOT margin of victory, it is the overall win loss record of the teams you beat. Very similiar to SOS which is the overall win loss record of all the teams you played.

Running it up does help with the tiebreakers after SOS.

We just opened up as the 21 point favorite over the Colts, so we had better run it up to cover the spread!

BB is going to have his work cut out for him trying to build up the Colts.

We just opened up as the 21 point favorite over the Colts, so we had better run it up to cover the spread!

BB is going to have his work cut out for him trying to build up the Colts.

Looks like Peter King is giving him some help over at MMQB:

"s. Ever hear of Ryan Mahaffey? Fullback for the Colts, plucked off the Ravens' practice squad in the Colts' bye week. Cleared a big hole for Donald Brown on Indy's first rushing touchdown
t. And then the one-handed pluck-out-of-the-air reception by Mahaffey.
u. Heck of a play by Dwight Freeney, spinning off Jordan Gross to sack Cam Newton."

Throw in Clark, Wayne, Saturday, Mathis, Addai ..I mean, theyre LOADED with talent! :eek:

You can't take this Colts team lightly regardless of how poor they have played. They aren't playing to win a Super Bowl at this point but beating the Patriots would be extremely satisfying to the colts and all their fans. Don't forget they are all playing to keep their jobs so don't think they are rolling over.

Wish List Priorities In Order:
1. Pats win
2. No Patriots injuries
3. Brady continues on his yardage tear, humiliating the Colts
4. Hoyer plays before the final kneel down series & scores a TD, humiliating the Colts

I'd go for:

1. Pats win
2. No injuries
3. Ochocinco gets his first Patriots TD
4. Brady goes for 300+ yards
5. Hoyer gets a TD or 2
6. Mallett gets some game time

Last edited:
I'd like to see Brady throw for 8TDs and 600 yards. Just absolutely bring the world down on them. Sure, you can have Luck, but you will remember this forever!!!

300 yards on the ground and the defense pitching a shoutout would be optimal.

Other than that I'll settle for no injuries and the team playing well in convincing fashion

We're facing historically one of the worst 5 teams in NFL History.

RUN IT UP!

The most lopsided score in NFL history is 1. 12/8/1940: Chicago Bears def. Washington Redskins 73-0. I say we make it 74-0!

The most lopsided score in NFL history is 1. 12/8/1940: Chicago Bears def. Washington Redskins 73-0. I say we make it 74-0!

Fun scenario: score a late touchdown to go up 72-0 and then go for the two point conversion.

On second thought, I'll say 77-0, since 74 points would likely involve settling for some field goals somewhere along the way (barring a safety). There is no reason to not maximize your opportunities.

9 offensive possessions, 9 TDs, a special teams TD, and a defensive TD, and 11 extra points.

:rocker:

Start Ryan Mallet and throw the game. Hopefully deny the Colts Andrew Luck.

Absolutely run it up. They might suck for Luck, but first they should have to watch in horror as they help TFB destroy various records of Manning's before he is even out the door. Muahahaha.

Play Brady for 2 series then Hoyer for the nest 2 periods, let Mallett play the fourth.

I've read that while the Pats Hate the Jests, they respected the Colts. So i'm not sure they would run it up now that the Colts are down.

Do it, its a lot of fun, and Someone needs to break the 72pts record.
When you get there, tell the Colts fans that you would wish them LUCK, but they will have that next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes