2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Run it up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't running up the score make BB and the Pats look like bad people? You know, like Sean Payton and the Saints....wait, no one said anything? Weird.

Last edited:
Colts fire their D coord.

I've read that while the Pats Hate the Jests, they respected the Colts. So i'm not sure they would run it up now that the Colts are down.
After what Polien did today.......Run it UP

Last edited:
Three simple words: Run it up?

Colts week!

Re: Three simple words: Run it up?

What does running it up do? you make teams hurt when you beat them when they are good and have a chance of really doing something. Running it up on a poor team doesnt do anything.

Play 60 minutes, all 60 minutes,

Play to win and to become a better team.

No onsides kicks, hail Marys, two point conversions, etc. when up by 50. If the lead gets huge then you can make some adjustments, but even then the guys on the filed ought to be doing their best. It is their job, after all.

I would like Brady/Gronk/Wes/Woodhead etc to put up 49
and then Hoyer/Underwood/Price/Vareen/Ridley to put up another 49.

Throw in a safety for triple digits!

What's the obsession with running it up on a horrible team? I'd rather be able to do it to them with Manning in there. Big regular season wins mean nothing in the end. Get the W and stay healthy

Since when the pats were "Running up the score"? we were always playing hard until the game clock became 00:00, we just play football to win no matter who is the opposition.

Last edited:

What's the obsession with running it up on a horrible team? I'd rather be able to do it to them with Manning in there. Big regular season wins mean nothing in the end. Get the W and stay healthy

this, there should be no emphasis on kicking a ****ty franchise like Indy in the mouth. Go in get the W and get out. Brady should not be in in the 4th if they execute.

What I'd like to see, is a score where Hoyer plays the entire 4th quarter.

These are NFL teams with players who get paid millions of dollars to play a game. Teams shouldn't feel bad about doing their job and scoring and stopping the other team from scoring. I wanna see my team blow out everyone every week, i don't care if its the colts or the packers, after all Peyton Manning didn't play defense right so why can't their defense stop us.
This isn't pee wee football where you don't wanna hurt the kids feelings so you stop playing hard. Like my football coach told us "if you can't stop them, thats on you. Don't expect the other team to feel bad for you and stop playing".
imo I rather have someone run up the score rather than have pity and stop playing because that's telling me that I'm not good enough to play.

This would be a good chance for Hoyer to increase his value.

Wonder if Mallett will be active. With that long injury list, maybe there'll be room for him.

I don't see Brady being pulled before the fourth quarter. I just don't think BB is ****y enough to pull him with an entire half to go, regardless of the lead. Maybe early fourth they'll be able to go to Hoyer, then give some snaps to the rookie.

Finally, easing up on a team because you don't want them to retaliate if/when roles are reversed: I'm pretty sure that's not in BB's DNA.

And dare we hope for a snap or two for Mallett?

Colts week!

I say BLOW THEM OUT!

Embarrass the Colts org for fielding such a flawed fraud of a team.

Then again, I always vote for the blow ***.

Right now, over 88% have voted to run it up.

I like the way you people think. :cool:

Qualified no. I would pull the bulk of the first team that can be pulled but put up as many with Hoyer, Mallett and the back-ups as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News