PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 Pats - Colts Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a horrible win...let's give it back

Agreed

Is it too late to start playing for draft picks? There are maybe 4 or 5 people that play for the Patriots D that deserve to actually be in the NFL.

Agreed

Is it too late to start playing for draft picks? There are maybe 4 or 5 people that play for the Patriots D that deserve to actually be in the NFL.

That many?!?!? :eek:

That's only a problem if your idiotic enough to think the defense Bill was starting in the 4th quarter of this game is the one he intends to start in the playoffs... He's trying to build experienced depth while he has a chance to. The problem today was that up by 4 scores it's hard for the starters he didn't pull to maintain focus and intensity in that kind of situation...
That would be fine and I would tend to agree with you apart from the 200+ yards and 3 touchdowns the defense yielded in the 4th.

That's just not good enough at any level Mo. This isn't college football.

I have a theory, but not nearly enough football knowledge to validate it. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable posters can chime in on this. Were there a lot of subs and unconventional plays used on the D in the fourth quarter? Maybe BB was using the luxury of a nearly closed out game to try different things. And at the same time, the starters eased up their play knowing that the game was well in hand.

I'm not turning a blind eye to the D's problems, just theorizing that today's fourth quarter performance was partly by design/on purpose? Because as bad as this defense has been, they have been respectful in their red zone performance and points allowed through this season.

Or am I just a woebegone homer? :confused:

Da Bruinz you're a pathetic homer. they will go 2-2 and finish 11-5, they may or may not end up with a bye. They better hope they don't play the Jets again. But, this team is going nowhere again. No talent on the defense. Bad schemes. That's coaching. And the regression of Devin McCourty has been a killer. That Redskin team sux, but Shanahan owns Belichick. Miami and Buffalo will score against the Pats. And Denver who knows. I think as a Patriots fan this win made me feel worse than any game outside of Pittsburgh loss. Just a horrible, horrible performance.

That was Dan BLANKING Orlovsky today. He had SEVEN incompletion all day. I don't care if it was prevent or practice. It was awful.

Jet fan you were swept by this horrible team.

GFY & DIAF

Again, I get the point....we won the game....Like every Vegas hack had us doing CONVINCINGLY, yet we won by only one TD.

So it's not enough to win now? Must win by 7+ points for it to matter?

I don't want the team to be satisfied with it's effort in either the first or fourth quarters... and good news, I guarantee you they aren't. And a win is still a win, ugly as it may have ended.

If we go into the playoffs with this exact defensive personnel, I'll actually think back on this game with some relevance. If we get two out of three of Spikes/Fletcher/Chung back, and McCourty gets back into shape, this game means about as much as a preseason game (which is where our intensity level was in the 1st/4th quarters).

When will the Patriots learn to just keep the foot on the gas all the way through the game? Who cares if they get bashed for running up the score. They could have won this one 60+ to 3 if they would have just played like it was a close game all the way through.

They ease up and get out of their game plan and it almost comes back to bite them again.

Also, can the Patriots please start games using the no huddle so they can get started faster.

Again, I get the point....we won the game....Like every Vegas hack had us doing CONVINCINGLY, yet we won by only one TD. But let's look ahead to the playoffs....you think this kind of sloppy, inability to close the game,inconsistency, lack of pass rush/pressure is going to get us past the first round?? I don't. We can not run the ball WHEN IT COUNTS. Our D can not make the big stop (Especially in the secondary) WHEN IT COUNTS....and we CAN NOT get the pressure....when we need to.

I am happy for the win.....Believe that we will definitely make it to the playoffs....but do not see at this point REALISTICALLY...how we do not exit early once again. Hope I am wrong.....

Hopefully we won't be starting a PS Center in the playoffs and I can't imagine Bill intends to field his no name defense in the playoffs. Those guys were in today because he could... Unfortunately the rest of them got a little full of themselves up by 4 scores and let down in the 4th quarter against a QB they had little or no film to prep on and a bunch of players the tin foil enthusiasts here claim were tanking by choice when in fact they and their coaches are fighting for their football lives. You don't have to like it, but the hystrionics here just underscores the lack of perspective all to many supposed fans of this team display routinely nowadays.

The Patriots were up 31-3 entering the 4th quarter. If you don't see the problem with the Patriots winning 31-24 then I'm not sure this is a discussion you should be involved with.

That would be fine and I would tend to agree with you apart from the 200+ yards and 3 touchdowns the defense yielded in the 4th.

That's just not good enough at any level Mo. This isn't college football.

I agree. A win is a win but the 4th quarter was very poor.

Its one thing giving up a sh*t load of yards, but when they also give up 3 td.s

Hell no, that would't make them happy. Has to be total dominance on offense and a shutout on D...

Again, I get the point....we won the game....Like every Vegas hack had us doing CONVINCINGLY, yet we won by only one TD. But let's look ahead to the playoffs....

Clearly you don't understand Vegas odds-making... They made the spread so much so that they would get people to BET on the game so THEY could make money. The spread has NOTHING to do with the reality of what will actually happen.. It has to do with what they think it will take for people to put money on the game..

I didn't get to see the game. I got rid of Sunday ticket months ago and today was the first time the game wasn't on local TV in my area. So I don't know what happened here. Did Hoyer play? Were starters pulled in the fourth? what the he'll was the defense doing? I know it was McCourty's first game back in awhile so I am going to assume he played poorly.

Last edited:
I have a theory, but not nearly enough football knowledge to validate it. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable posters can chime in on this. Were there a lot of subs and unconventional plays used on the D in the fourth quarter? Maybe BB was using the luxury of a nearly closed out game to try different things. And at the same time, the starters eased up their play knowing that the game was well in hand.

I'm not turning a blind eye to the D's problems, just theorizing that today's fourth quarter performance was partly by design/on purpose? Because as bad as this defense has been, they have been respectful in their red zone performance and points allowed through this season.

Or am I just a woebegone homer? :confused:

Except for Slater, the D was in its base 4-3. No fancy plays other than your standard extra man or two for the blitz. The D just mentally checked out of the game after we got up to 34-3.

I love watching the homers spin yet another laughable display by the unit not called offense, or special teams. Defense doesn't seem like the right word for those guys though.

When will the Patriots learn to just keep the foot on the gas all the way through the game? Who cares if they get bashed for running up the score. They could have won this one 60+ to 3 if they would have just played like it was a close game all the way through.

They ease up and get out of their game plan and it almost comes back to bite them again.

Also, can the Patriots please start games using the no huddle so they can get started faster.
You mean Running Up the score? Thats what some people call it. I don't think they need to learn that. IMO BB started out almost treating this game as a practice. But in the end it almost got away, the team let down, and played down to the level of they're competition.

The Patriots were up 31-3 entering the 4th quarter. If you don't see the problem with the Patriots winning 31-24 then I'm not sure this is a discussion you should be involved with.

Oh I saw the problem. The Pats got lazy and let up. Period, end of story. Everyone crying that it's much more than that are making fools of themselves.

Nope....could care less about the line really. But, to implode like they did against a QB that hadn't played in years late in a game doesn't bode well for success against the better teams...and the playoffs...don't you agree? I am not saying we need to run it up against them....but if we CAN NOT RUN the ball when it matters......and the D can't keep the other team from getting back in it no matter WHO it is, it just doesn't bode well for our postseason success....

Oh I saw the problem. The Pats got lazy and let up. Period, end of story. Everyone crying that it's much more than that are making fools of themselves.
You'll have to forgive the mood of the board given the last few years of exposure to this defense. They simply cannot clamp down on anyone and are reliant on turnovers and Tom Brady. That's the simple truth of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News