Welcome to PatsFans.com

WEEI.com: Moss Almost A Forgotten Man This Offseason

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hey all -- here's today's offering. It's a look at Randy Moss -- while the Patriots have been preoccupied with bigger stories this offseason (the Cassel/Vrabel trade, Brady's return, Harrison's retirement), the wide receiver continues to chug along, looking happy to be out of the spotlight.

Christopher Price | Moss Almost A Forgotten Man This Offseason
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

Like the way Moss is handling himself, as opposed to another dude who thinks it is all about him..
  3. WhoaDirty

WhoaDirty Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I disagree with the bolded part - is this not the man who last week told the media he was the best WR of all time?
  4. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

I like the sound of this. I still wish he hadn't gone on record and said all that stuff about how great he thinks the offense will be. I know it's hard for a NE team that is getting Brady back and has made so many acquisitions on both sides of the ball to remain "under-the-radar," but I just don't want them to be talked about anymore or have attention drawn to them. I was kind of hoping everyone would be talking about the Steelers, Giants, or even the Eagles.

It certainly is. That's another thing that caught my attention. I don't like the talking he's done so far, but it's still very mild and benign at this point. Let's face it, it could be a lot worse with Moss. Regardless, I do hope he continues to decline interviews and continues to just do his talking on the field..
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  5. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I acknowledge that interview within the story, but at the same time, with so many other incidents involving the Patriots this offseason, it's been relatively quiet around Moss. Quite a contrast from a few years ago, where he was like a moth to a flame with controversy. The difference struck me.
  6. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Great article Chris. Moss and Owens in this division is going to be interesting. Moss, in my opinion, can make a claim like he did and no one will get too worked up. He's played brilliantly in his time here and every DC in the division probably breathes his and Welker's name every week.

Otherwise, he's playing the part of a grown-up, something TO seems unable to do.

I also think there's a point that's worth considering with his one brash statement of the year, even if it was in jest: Moss will work his arse off to live up to those words. He's not just shooting off at the mouth to get press.

At any rate, Brady:Moss:Welker:Galloway:Lewis:Taylor:Faulk:Maroney:Morris:Watson

(Yeah, I still support Watson)

If that list of names doesn't get you tempted to borrow Adam Sandler's magical remote, nothing could.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.