PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wednesday Practice Report: Taylor out (foot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous that "China Doll" is still with this team.
If Belichick insists on keeping Mr. Brittle around then don't play him until December. Jeez!
Yet another mystery in Patriot Land, BB's neverending love of old broken down unreliable RB's
I just can't figure out why we can't ever seem to establish a running game......... :rolleyes:

Sammy sucks
Taylor would go on IR browsing in the Christmas Tree Shop
It's all on Law Firm and Woodhead now
Good luck BB :mad:

Still have a young RB on the PS for emergency use. Not time to panic just yet, but Taylor better get his toesie healthy and Morris better keep himself healthy also.

So you're saying Sammy Morris has morphed into Heath Evans, but with a more colorful vocabulary?
Nope, he's just an older version of 2009 Sammy, not as explosive anymore - you probably remember how he hard and fast he'd hit a hole, I don't see that now, it takes him longer to get up to speed. As others have noted, he doesn't have the change of direction speed he used to have - it's possible there's an injury, but I think it's just the cumulative wear & tear on a 33 year old body.

Nope, he's just an older version of 2009 Sammy, not as explosive anymore - you probably remember how he hard and fast he'd hit a hole, I don't see that now, it takes him longer to get up to speed. As others have noted, he doesn't have the change of direction speed he used to have - it's possible there's an injury, but I think it's just the cumulative wear & tear on a 33 year old body.

I see this too. Neither he or Taylor are coming back next year. At this point I believe that our first few picks will be a OT, OG, and RB.

I think this is Matt Light's last year as well.

Fred needs some cleatskins ...

camopink-main-300x165.jpg
Cleatskins_300x250.gif

Cleatskins Help Keep Kids and their Cleats Safe

Last edited:
I see this too. Neither he or Taylor are coming back next year. At this point I believe that our first few picks will be a OT, OG, and RB.

I think this is Matt Light's last year as well.
I haven't seen that Light is slowing down yet, I guess it depends on what he gets for an offer.

I haven't seen that Light is slowing down yet, I guess it depends on what he gets for an offer.

I agree with Box O Rocks - it depends on what kind of contract Light wants. I have no idea how close LeVoir is to be a starter. Koppen and Neal are a bit older in the tooth in my opinion. BB always drafts defense with his high picks, Seymour, Warren and Mayo. The Raiders pick will be DL, and then probably RB and/or OL. If Crable and Cunningham both play well, another OLB will fall to a 2nd rounder in my opinion.

Sammy has lost a step, it really showed up in preseason. He's here because he's a very versatile RB who as some noted is working at FB, he's now the principle blitz p/u RB for passing downs, and he plays Special Teams. He can't take as many single back set reps in relief of Taylor, which is why BJeepers is getting the more and more. I would expect him to retire after this season, which is another reason to want NE to take it all the way and be the last team standing to start the new decade. Take it out with confetti Sammy!

I'll drink to that.

I'd rather have Light for another year and replace Koppen.

a new RB is defintely a need next year

what do u guys think of ingram? i just dont know how important it is to have an amazing back on teh team, we dont need a home run guy, thats what our passing game is for, what we need in the run is a guy who will get 3-5 yds consistently

If the Oakland pick is top 10...

"Randy Moss, Richard Seymour 2.0" > Mark Ingram

The only top 10 running back from recent memory that has panned out is Adrian Peterson, and he is far more a freak than Ingram will ever be.

Last edited:
Still have a young RB on the PS for emergency use. Not time to panic just yet, but Taylor better get his toesie healthy and Morris better keep himself healthy also.

Exactly. Taylor and Sammy may not be every down players but it's going to be a long season for just BJGE, Woodhead, and a PS promotee.

Exactly. Taylor and Sammy may not be every down players but it's going to be a long season for just BJGE, Woodhead, and a PS promotee.
RB is the least of my worries.

I agree with Box O Rocks - it depends on what kind of contract Light wants. I have no idea how close LeVoir is to be a starter. Koppen and Neal are a bit older in the tooth in my opinion. BB always drafts defense with his high picks, Seymour, Warren and Mayo. The Raiders pick will be DL, and then probably RB and/or OL. If Crable and Cunningham both play well, another OLB will fall to a 2nd rounder in my opinion.

I hope Cunningham develops. We can't even count on that yet. I have no faith that Crable will be a full-time starter any time. OLB still a blaring hole IMO. I like Cam Heyward and Robert Quinn. Wouldn't mind either. If we take Heyward, I still want an olb with our 2nd first. A guy like R.Kerrigan - Purdue maybe. Or, A.Ayers - UCLA.

I hope Cunningham develops. We can't even count on that yet. I have no faith that Crable will be a full-time starter any time. OLB still a blaring hole IMO. I like Cam Heyward and Robert Quinn. Wouldn't mind either. If we take Heyward, I still want an olb with our 2nd first. A guy like R.Kerrigan - Purdue maybe. Or, A.Ayers - UCLA.

In my opinion I think our OLB situation is solid. I like what I've seen from Cunningham and Ninko, and we know what we will get from TBC, although Crable is a question mark right now, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I would spend the two first round picks on a OT and a OG. Possibly a RDE to eventually replace Ty Warren. I don't see us bringing back G. Warren next year.

With 2 1st round picks one quite high and the other last :) plus the same in the 2nd and later round picks, BB should draft a difference maker on D first, then an OT to replace Light followed by OG unless a decent OG is available in FA (my choice if viable). Given geriatric RB situation, draft a banger at RB in the 3rd.

With 2 1st round picks one quite high and the other last :) plus the same in the 2nd and later round picks, BB should draft a difference maker on D first, then an OT to replace Light followed by OG unless a decent OG is available in FA (my choice if viable). Given geriatric RB situation, draft a banger at RB in the 3rd.
That's my order as well. 1)Elite pass rusher 2)OT replace Light 3) OG/C maybe not if we resign Mankins 4)RB a big bruiser.

Taylor is out again today, per WEEI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes