PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wed. Injury Update: Edelman at Practice; Jones, Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shalise says Jones is still in a walking boot. Meanwhile Howe tweeted that Edelman was seen packing his road bag.

Wow, quite contrary to some of the other reports that stated that he wasn't.

That makes me a lot more nervous than I initially was about his situation.

I would agree with Andy that you never really want to get into the mindset that any player is "not needed" for any specific game, and I wouldn't think that anyone in the organization feels that way.

I can also see the others' opinions too, and I agree that we "should" be able to get by without him, but as usual I also think some are underestimating this game.

Miami is a top 3 defense in some aspects although I can't remember specifically which ones, and I believe that they have the #7 red zone defense too. They have an actual sellout for the first time in awhile, although that is probably helped by 15k or so Pats fans too.

Just give me a healthy team for the playoffs...

Wow, quite contrary to some of the other reports that stated that he wasn't.

That makes me a lot more nervous than I initially was about his situation.

Agreed, (was there a link?) but consistent with report of a high sprain, so reassuring in that we can expect him back for the playoffs. Technically, she didn;t see him in a boot:

shalise manza young â€@shalisemyoung

from #Patriots practice inside the bubble: Jones, Mankins, Gronkowski missing, Zusevics returns...told Jones is still in walking boot

No guarantees of course, but chances seem quite good that of Gronk, Jones, Mankins will all suit up for the most important games.

Last edited:
Have you watched the Dolphins this year? :eek:
Are you honestly telling me that you think Bill Belichick overlooks opponents to the point of deciding if a player plays based on how bad he thinks the opponent is?

Agreed, (was there a link?) but consistent with report of a high sprain, so reassuring in that we can expect him back for the playoffs. Technically, she didn;t see him in a boot:

No guarantees of course, but chances seem quite good that of Gronk, Jones, Mankins will all suit up for the most important games.

I'm sorry, Mack, I don't have a link at the moment.

I do believe that it may have been Mike Reiss who stated that he saw him walking in the locker room a few days ago without any sort of limp or problem, and that he certainly wasn't in a walking boot.

Not sure if there were others who collaborated on this or not, but if I find something I will share it. I believe it was on the home page.

I'm sorry, Mack, I don't have a link at the moment.

I do believe that it may have been Mike Reiss who stated that he saw him walking in the locker room a few days ago without any sort of limp or problem, and that he certainly wasn't in a walking boot.

Not sure if there were others who collaborated on this or not, but if I find something I will share it. I believe it was on the home page.

I put Shalise's tweet in the second quote where she says she was told he was in a boot. Reiss saw him without a boot or limp.

Last edited:
I put Shalise's tweet in the second quote where she says she was told he was in a boot. Reiss saw him without a boot or limp.

Belichick & injuries reminds me of the excellent WWII spy book, "Bodyguard of Lies" about all the deception we used against the Japs & the Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST