PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Why is Patriots QB Mac Jones Back at Practice?

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Why is Patriots QB Mac Jones Back at Practice?
Ian Logue
Patriots quarterback Mac Jones was back at practice again on Wednesday, which doesn't make much sense given the severity of the high ankle sprain he suffered just over 10 days ago against Baltimore.

The post Why is Patriots QB Mac Jones Back at Practice? appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

emergency back-up? Hoyer still loopy?

Short answer: they're desperate.

He doesn’t want to have surgery and can handle limited participation?

He is chomping at the bit to get back out there and the medical staff have cleared him as far as practicing.

Really? Aw man, I've been getting that one wrong my whole life.
You'll need to change your tack on that now. :whistle:

6vyo7e.gif

Question:
Why is Patriots QB Mac Jones Back at Practice?

Answer:
An exercise in mental masturbation by a coach who also believes Lil' Jordan Humphrey's copious snap count gives his offense an edge

Last edited:
He knows the play book and can hand off. Put Harris and Rham in your fantasy lineups, gang. Ground and pound, its shorten the game time.

Really? Aw man, I've been getting that one wrong my whole life.

From the article itself: "Regardless, both are acceptable to use even if one is technically more correct. If you have been concerned about using it incorrectly, have no fear, you are fine either way"

From the article itself: "Regardless, both are acceptable to use even if one is technically more correct. If you have been concerned about using it incorrectly, have no fear, you are fine either way"
It's one of those cases where so many people used it incorrectly and for so long that it's now considered correct by many authorities.

Why was Mac really on the practice field? Two reasons:

1) Papa Bear

2) Don Shula

Dam the long-term health of the QB, or of the franchise.

It is a long-standing practice in professional football to rush a player back from injury too soon and hobble him for the rest of the year. The Patriots seem as guilty as most other teams in this regard.

BTW, What I saw of Zappe in the preseason scares the heck out of me...is this guy really our starter? Ugh.

Why was Mac really on the practice field? Two reasons:

1) Papa Bear

2) Don Shula

Dam the long-term health of the QB, or of the franchise.
You left out Wally Pipp.

it may be Mac rushing things, not the Pats.

He's probably a little nervous he could lose his job if Zappe comes out and balls. Seen this happen numerous times including famously with this team.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back