PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible Snow for the Pats game!

Brady passed for 6 touchdowns and Welkah had 150 yards receiving in the snowy game against the Titans in 09.

Let me be clear, There is a possibility of snow. The map I showed is from just one model. There are some other models that are showing nothing for snow or just flurries. The models havent had a great grasp on this yet. I am waiting for the NAM to get into Range. Usually 3 days before the event. I am just throwing it out there that there might be snow.

Weather.com says 30s for saturday, no snow. Probably 20s by game time

Anyone who's played football in Florida has experienced wind from time to time. Hurricane season runs from June 1st thru Nov 30th.

Wasn't sure about a wind game but I couldn't recall a UF game that was wind-influenced. Obviously I don't know about his high school career.

Right now looks to be in the low 30s with a bit of a breeze. I went to college in Gainesville, and though it wasn't during football season, it definitely can get into the low 20s or even teens there on occasion. Unless it's really bad, weather isn't going to be a factor.

I was in Florida over Christmas and went jet-skiing. I miss Florida. :(

I disagree about the cold factor. Passing is different in cold weather. The grip makes it more difficult to spin the ball. Cold air is more dense making it harder to be accurate downfield (they need to do a Sports Science segment on this). For Timtebow, add that to the 5000 feet of elevation (and associated air pressure) that he has to adjust to.

A good number of Timtebow's deep passes are floaters or wobblers. In 20 degree air, those turn into punts. Doesn't mean you can't go deep, but the ball is going to hang longer so the margin for error, already small, is tiny. That generally means relying on shorter timing routes, but that obviously is not Timtebow's strength.

Pats looking like the (edit: second coldest) coldest game. And of course Saints get sunshine in SF. So far.

National Football League Weather : Weather Underground

RIght now looks like any snow would be light, as would wind.

South Walpole, Massachusetts (02071) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

San Franciso is an odd place. I was there for 4 days this summer and the temperature did not get above 55 degrees. Now, it's 60 degrees in the middle of winter.

Wasn't sure about a wind game but I couldn't recall a UF game that was wind-influenced. Obviously I don't know about his high school career.

I was in Florida over Christmas and went jet-skiing. I miss Florida. :(

I disagree about the cold factor. Passing is different in cold weather. The grip makes it more difficult to spin the ball. Cold air is more dense making it harder to be accurate downfield (they need to do a Sports Science segment on this). For Timtebow, add that to the 5000 feet of elevation (and associated air pressure) that he has to adjust to.

A good number of Timtebow's deep passes are floaters or wobblers. In 20 degree air, those turn into punts. Doesn't mean you can't go deep, but the ball is going to hang longer so the margin for error, already small, is tiny. That generally means relying on shorter timing routes, but that obviously is not Timtebow's strength.
Some of those factors may indeed come into play. But Tebow's been in Denver going on two years now, so he's obviously thrown the ball in cold weather.

And his hands are pretty big, so gripping the ball shouldn't be a problem.

Like I said, I don't think the low 30s is that significant. We'll see what happens when he's in Green Bay the next week. :rocker:

Edit: D'oh! not Green Bay, Baltimore. :confused3:

J/K. I fully expect a Pats win.

Last edited:

I have to say that the past snow storms that hit us, I was more accurate than most of the meteorologists. Especially last year, I hit on every snow storm that hit with close to exact amounts of snow. I figure i post this thread to get our minds off of the Patriots/Broncos game. Sometimes its good to think of other things just to not get to over confident. REMEMBER, HUMBLE PIE!!!!

Do you think the upper-level winds are favorable for a snow storm? Hopefully we won't have tempurature inversion and end up with freezing rain.

The artic air mass has been prevented from dropping south for much of the nation this early winter season. Haven't had any strong troughs develop to draw the air mass southward...at least not yet.

Without a strong trough, we won't have the violent mixing of energy from the gulf with cold, dry artic air.

I recall a couple of winters in the early 90's where we had spring weather all winter long. Could it happen again?

Man I hate adiabatic cooling!

you live in new england and you like snow?! you fraud. jk

ahhh man..

Last week I promised the GF I would go to this charity event she's hosting. I said yes because I was 100% certain the Pats played sunday. It's saturday at exactly 8PM. And now there might be snow too, God damnit..

Tnis is easy. Simply hire a celebrity like Beyonce or George Cloony to attend the charity event with your girlfriend. Both she and those attending the event will be so impressed with this brilliant "star power" that they won't notice that you are back at home, where you should be, cheering on your team!

You can thank me at any time!

KDP, are you getting your info from the GFS or the euro? Neither one is all that accurate this far out but the pattern is colder so it will be at least a cold day Saturday.

Old joke, usually when someone says they aren't real, that is the answer.

ahhh man..

Last week I promised the GF I would go to this charity event she's hosting. I said yes because I was 100% certain the Pats played sunday. It's saturday at exactly 8PM. And now there might be snow too, God damnit..

break up with her for a day

Good solid dating advice.

Can't get that kind of advice anywhere but a football forum.

I wouldn't miss this game for the world lol! She'll get over it eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference