PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like just enough wind to throw off the Tebow ducks but not enough to bother the Brady tight spiral passes. That is an enormous range so we're bound to hit it.

I have mixed feelings about the whether

The possible good news: Chances are the secondary won't be under attack by long balls because of the wind

The possible bad news: the wind could slow the brady offense down and cause this game to be closer than what it should be.

It might force more slants and in routes. But that could work in our favor as well. If they start creeping to stop the short stuff, you could possibly catch them off guard and take a few chances deep. Brady has hit plenty of deep balls in windy conditions.

I was at the Ravens monday night game vs the Pats in 2007, that was the wind was insane. I watched a punt go three rows deep into the stands along the sidelines and then blow back into the middle of the field. I watched a Kyle Boller ball literally take a right it was nuts. But I didn't see any of Brady's balls get disrupted as badly as Boller's.

From NOAA:
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind between 9 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

From WBZ (CBS Boston):
7:00 PM 23° F Precipitation 0% Humidity 39% 8 mph WNW

Definitely not going to be 25 mph winds other than maybe the occasional gust. Looks like between 8 and 13 mph winds with some gusts.

NFL Network reported today that the coldest games Tebow has played in his career were 50 degrees during his college career in Nashville and 30 degrees in Buffalo a few weeks ago. Will it affect him adversely? We'll see.

Simms was on the pre game radio show and he said that the conditions will bother Tebow. Said 25% of his passes are wobblers or and off target under the best conditions and that will double in these conditions.

He's got a strong arm, but in these conditions it's the tightness of the spiral that determines the kind of velocity that can cut thru winds. Brady consistently throws a wicked tight spiral. Guys who are simply trying to power the ball will start to squeeze it too hard, and it's a brick in this weather so that can lead to more fumbles as well. It took Eli years to sort that out which was tough on the Giants considering the wind conditions in the old stadium.

I love the snow and cold in late season and playoff football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes