PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hurricane Lee

More rain. Great. I usually buy my firewood a year ahead. I still have gotten this year's (for next year). Nobody can get into the woods: early spring all summer long out there..
How much do you burn?

Last edited:
Like everything else -

I'm choosing to blame Patricia.

How much do you burn?
Only about 4 cords. I used to heat only with wood, used about 7 cords and got maybe half out of my own woods, but I'm getting a little old for that stuff. Nowadays I buy either logs or round wood. I suppose eventually it'll just be me and thermostat and a bunch of oil, unless they mandate electric-only at some point.

One is direct hit on the new lighthouse.
Save the tiny bell
Ring Ring Yes GIF by Great Big Story

Only about 4 cords. I used to heat only with wood, used about 7 cords and got maybe half out of my own woods, but I'm getting a little old for that stuff. Nowadays I buy either logs or round wood. I suppose eventually it'll just be me and thermostat and a bunch of oil, unless they mandate electric-only at some point.

Thats still a lot of wood.

I burn wood too. Probably 2 cords. Where I live they have Osage Orange or Hedge trees. Its like burning coal and if you put too much in you can damage the stove and catch the house on fire. Hackberry and Black Locust too are good at generating heat.

There will be a civil war or some states will succeed from the Republic before we get to electric only.

It looks like Lee will go east of Foxborough, but a couple of the outlier spaghetti models have it hitting New England. It could make Sunday night pretty interesting, weather wise

edited to add: a very small but non-zero chance we could be playing Monday night football this week

We’ll get some rain and wind on Saturday, right now Sunday looks nice.

i'd actually take some nasty weather......this team is built to win on running game & strength of defense, the opponent is not
And they did so well in the weather last week, especially in Q1. Did weather improve after first quarter?

How much do you burn?
I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joints at night
I smoke two joints in the afternoon
It makes me feel all right
I smoke two joints in time of peace
And two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
And then I smoke two more

It looks like Lee will go east of Foxborough, but a couple of the outlier spaghetti models have it hitting New England. It could make Sunday night pretty interesting, weather wise

edited to add: a very small but non-zero chance we could be playing Monday night football this week

I dont think Hurricane Abdul-Jabbar can stop Hurricane Lee.

And they did so well in the weather last week, especially in Q1. Did weather improve after first quarter?

do you really want to try and equate the philly D-line/front with the Miami d-line/front?

i know you have an agenda, but try a little harder, please

Thats still a lot of wood.

I burn wood too. Probably 2 cords. Where I live they have Osage Orange or Hedge trees. Its like burning coal and if you put too much in you can damage the stove and catch the house on fire. Hackberry and Black Locust too are good at generating heat.

There will be a civil war or some states will succeed from the Republic before we get to electric only.
I live in northern New England. I lived off grid for ten years, had a sheep farm. We were on a hilltop where the wind just whistled through, and most years the sheep fencing, which was maybe 4'8" high, got buried completely under the snow. We used to say spring was on its way when the top of the picnic table reappeared in late winter.The house, a log cabin was built by hippies, badly built and caulked, plastic sheeting over two window openings when I bought it, doors so ill-fitted that a little snowdrift built up inside the front door some nights. It took 9 or 10 cords to heat it the first winter. I was younger and stronger then, so it was kind of a big adventure. Eventually my wife put her foot down and we moved into town, to a house with a few acres of pasture, so that we could bring most of the animals with us. Now we are in a legit house (I gave up working in the woods and got work in education) with a couple of sheep, 25 chickens, six dogs, and three cats; and it only takes 3-4 cords plus oil to heat the house. So when I think back to the firewood I used to have to work up (plus stowing away hundreds of bales of hay), 3 or 4 cords, which I only have to split and stack in the woodshed, doesn't seem that bad. Once a year, the hay guy delivers 60 bales of second cut. He even helps we old fogies to stack it in the hay building (for- ouch- seven or eight bucks a bale). For firewood, we get mostly maple (hard and soft), ash, red oak, birches (yellow has the most heat), and beech.

Bay of Fundy could experience an epic surge.
They already average like 20' tides. I can only imagine. I own land up there in Lubec.

I live in northern New England. I lived off grid for ten years, had a sheep farm. We were on a hilltop where the wind just whistled through, and most years the sheep fencing, which was maybe 4'8" high, got buried completely under the snow. We used to say spring was on its way when the top of the picnic table reappeared in late winter.The house, a log cabin was built by hippies, badly built and caulked, plastic sheeting over two window openings when I bought it, doors so ill-fitted that a little snowdrift built up inside the front door some nights. It took 9 or 10 cords to heat it the first winter. I was younger and stronger then, so it was kind of a big adventure. Eventually my wife put her foot down and we moved into town, to a house with a few acres of pasture, so that we could bring most of the animals with us. Now we are in a legit house (I gave up working in the woods and got work in education) with a couple of sheep, 25 chickens, six dogs, and three cats; and it only takes 3-4 cords plus oil to heat the house. So when I think back to the firewood I used to have to work up (plus stowing away hundreds of bales of hay), 3 or 4 cords, which I only have to split and stack in the woodshed, doesn't seem that bad. Once a year, the hay guy delivers 60 bales of second cut. He even helps we old fogies to stack it in the hay building (for- ouch- seven or eight bucks a bale). For firewood, we get mostly maple (hard and soft), ash, red oak, birches (yellow has the most heat), and beech.

** Excerpts from a Dog's Diary **
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

** Excerpts from a Cat's Diary **
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ******ed. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe... For now...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back