PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible Snow for the Pats game!

I'd prefer a strong wind...Might as well paint some feathers and a bill on Tebow's wounded duck, flutter ball.

Let me be clear, There is a possibility of snow.

You're going to be a great weatherman. Holding out the tantalizing possibility of a blizzard while simultaneously disclaiming any responsibility if it's just partly cloudy :)

Just kidding, of course - if I had it to do over again I think I'd study meteorology in college. Fun stuff!

And for the record, I hope it's a whiteout on Sat. night.

You're going to be a great weatherman. Holding out the tantalizing possibility of a blizzard while simultaneously disclaiming any responsibility if it's just partly cloudy :)

Just kidding, of course - if I had it to do over again I think I'd study meteorology in college. Fun stuff!

I have to say that the past snow storms that hit us, I was more accurate than most of the meteorologists. Especially last year, I hit on every snow storm that hit with close to exact amounts of snow. I figure i post this thread to get our minds off of the Patriots/Broncos game. Sometimes its good to think of other things just to not get to over confident. REMEMBER, HUMBLE PIE!!!!

It's a sign from God. Manna from heaven. Etc.

Folks, bad weather -- especially wind -- would be an equalizer that favors Denver. Despite the Pats' record in snow, we want weather that supports the passing game.

Aside from that, the two forecasts I've seen show 0 percent likely precip. Five days out, that probably holds.

Last edited:

Won't snow actually help the best run offense in the league while slowing down one of the best pass offenses?

The Denver club is an open stadium, cold weather team, except for Tebow. I don't think snow would make any difference.

But I really beleive that the Texans will not only beat, but destroy the Ravens. Then playing the warm weather, and dome based, Texans in snowy and cold Foxboro would be an advantage. :singing:

Snow Bowl for Florida Tim?

He plays in Denver - yup, never snows there. C'mon.

Snow is great on TV. Sucks for people at the game....my opinion. Traffic is bad enough, my friends. Snow makes the traffic so bad you want to club baby seals and stab cute little kittens.

ahhh man..

Last week I promised the GF I would go to this charity event she's hosting. I said yes because I was 100% certain the Pats played sunday. It's saturday at exactly 8PM. And now there might be snow too, God damnit..

Dude, you look a little pale, I think your coming down with a real bad contagious bug, you wouldn't want to get all those nice people @ the charity sick would you? You may only feel a little queazy now but come 8:00 Saturday night your going to be really down and out. I recommend two asprin hot tea and the tv. remote. Get well soon :)

ahhh man..

Last week I promised the GF I would go to this charity event she's hosting. I said yes because I was 100% certain the Pats played sunday. It's saturday at exactly 8PM. And now there might be snow too, God damnit..

Snow is beside the point and unlikely. The most important thing is letting the girlfriend know you won't be there at 8. If she understands she's a keeper. If not, jettison her ass and move on. And shame on you for thinking the game was Sunday!

Won't snow actually help the best run offense in the league while slowing down one of the best pass offenses?

Traditional logic says yes, but Brady's amazing accuracy in inclement conditions, the style of passing game the Pats run, and the skillsets of their receivers cause them to play very well in bad conditions in general. If anything they seem to have better games because of the difficulties bad weather present to defenses.

As for Denver's offense, while these conditions will help their bread and butter run game, it'll probably all but eliminate their passing attack. If they become completely one dimensional this will be a very difficult game for them to score in, much the less keep up with the Pats.

You can all thank me since I'm flying out a little before noon and it always snows when I fly during the winter...

Snow is an enourmous benefit for the Pass Offense, because the DL cannot get any traction to generate a pass rush, and because the DB's can't get any traction to drive on the ball.

Today will be light in the morning followed by increasing darkness by night, expect this pattern to last throughout the week ;)

He plays in Denver - yup, never snows there. C'mon.

As I said in another thread, I figure that there are only 2 games IN HIS LIFE where Timtebow has played with a sub-40 degrees starting temperature...at Buffalo and against KC the last 2 weeks of this season.

Overall score: 17-47
Passing: 19-51, 245 yards, 1 TD, 4 Picks, 6 Sacks, 2 Fumbles Lost

That is his record in the cold. He has no experience with snow (likely none on Saturday) or wind (always a little breezy at the Razor). Doesn't mean he will be as bad on Saturday but there is no positive history to fall back on.

As I said in another thread, I figure that there are only 2 games IN HIS LIFE where Timtebow has played with a sub-40 degrees starting temperature...at Buffalo and against KC the last 2 weeks of this season.

Overall score: 17-47
Passing: 19-51, 245 yards, 1 TD, 4 Picks, 6 Sacks, 2 Fumbles Lost

That is his record in the cold. He has no experience with snow (likely none on Saturday) or wind (always a little breezy at the Razor). Doesn't mean he will be as bad on Saturday but there is no positive history to fall back on.

Snow, you're correct.

Anyone who's played football in Florida has experienced wind from time to time. Hurricane season runs from June 1st thru Nov 30th.

Right now looks to be in the low 30s with a bit of a breeze. I went to college in Gainesville, and though it wasn't during football season, it definitely can get into the low 20s or even teens there on occasion. Unless it's really bad, weather isn't going to be a factor.

Last edited:

People put way too much thought into the snow being a large benefit to the Patriots. It makes the game more interesting and that's the only reason I'd like it to snow... But I better not lose power like I did last year vs the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back