PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah..i think it will help us. Dink and dunk to TEs. It will hurt tebow much more than brady

I think it's a wash. You're right about the Pats TE/dink&dunk advantage and it makes the big play by Tebow 20+ yards down-field harder, but they run the ball awfully well.

Yup! It'd slow down Miller and Dumervil, who are probably the most dangerous weapons on that team.
Not to mention the trouble the LBs and secondary will have reacting to pass routes and after-catch runs.

Same goes for the Pats, though.

Advantage: Pats.

why when i look at the weather it's getting colder and colder...i have to stop looking at it...

They wind will help the Pats D..but also help Broncos D..but not by much....15-20 mph wind can play tricks with the ball up there....i see denver running a lot as tebow doesn't throw a tight spiral..which will kill you in the wind

With his 10 years in the league, Brady he proven that anything weather short of a typhoon he can throw a tight and accurate spiral in the wind.

He and this offense do not rely on the deep ball so wind mucking with the throws is irrelevant.

With his 10 years in the league, Brady he proven that anything weather short of a typhoon he can throw a tight and accurate spiral in the wind.

He and this offense do not rely on the deep ball so wind mucking with the throws is irrelevant.

Cold and windy only helps us more. Its funny now reading that story about Brady's first year in Ann Arbor keeping the heat in his apartments so high no one else could stand it, now hes such a good cold and snow player.

Cold and windy only helps us more.

I disagree! Cold and windy makes it harder to throw and catch the ball and could be an equalizer. Snow actually would help the Pats.

I disagree! Cold and windy makes it harder to throw and catch the ball and could be an equalizer. Snow actually would help the Pats.

but when you have a QB who actually throws spirals unlike tebow..it hurts that guy less...especially since Denver is a deep passing team (well last week) and the pats are not

but when you have a QB who actually throws spirals unlike tebow..it hurts that guy less...especially since Denver is a deep passing team (well last week) and the pats are not

The fact remains that the Pats are a pass-first team, the Broncos are a run-first team. Anything that potentially curtails the Pats passing game is not good. In bitter cold and wind the ball is harder and heavier, more difficult to throw and to catch.

Re: Possible Snow for the Pats game!

San Franciso is an odd place. I was there for 4 days this summer and the temperature did not get above 55 degrees. Now, it's 60 degrees in the middle of winter.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was the summer in San Francisco" - Mark Twain

That's good news.

Wind and Snow did not effect Brady at all during the Bears Pats game last year..

Inside the NFL - Patriots vs. Bears - YouTube

The long ball would be a problem. But short routes should be alright. Sure there would be some limitations to the passing game. But I think it would effect Tebow more...

Either way Brady has played in this type of weather way more then Tebow..

Greg Bedard tweeted that the coldest Tebow has played in was 35 degrees(+1, I think)..

Twitter

O/T You Americans really need to get on the Celsius bandwagon. -1 vs what is it 43 degrees for you guys? Just saying :D

Last edited:
I may be in the minority here... but am i the only one that wants the weather to be fine? I want it to be perfect conditions for brady to pass.

I may be in the minority here... but am i the only one that wants the weather to be fine? I want it to be perfect conditions for brady to pass.

No. You're not the only one. I wish it would be 45F and calm.

No. You're not the only one. I wish it would be 45F and calm.

well it looks like 9 degree weather with 13 MPH winds. Pretty bad but not awful.

I want there to be snow and hail and for Brady to scream out from within the blizzard like a madman while trouncing the foolish ponies that dared to enter the razor in winter.

I want Gronkowski to spike the ball so hard on the snowed in ground that it snows upward.

I want Wes making snow angels with mustaches.

I want Mankin's beard covered in snow like an angry norse god!

It may not be wisdom that drives my desires but I honestly believe warrior-like conditions bring out the warriors within the NEP. :rocker:

Bring on the snow!

Will still feel 20 deg warmer than the titans playoff game i went too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes